Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Mail in Voting

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

WTF? There’s a monster huge difference between mail in and absentee ballot, Einstein.
Absentee ballots have a security system built into it. You have to prove who you are with an government ID, the voter is the only one that can request their ballot, only the voter or verified care taker can submit it. 

Mail-in ballots have no security built into it, and anyone can request YOUR ballet. Some states have legal ballet harvesting, but it’s illegal in most states. But that doesn’t stop anyone from doing it, and it’s extremely hard for them to get caught. So ballot harvesting means you mass order a bunch of residents ballots, and then:

1. Go to the homes and ask them to sign and then the harvesting person sends it in. Especially in urban areas where people are afraid to vote GOP because they could be hurt or killed. Harvesters will sometimes threaten the person that if they don’t vote Dem

2. Harvester doesn’t bother talking to the voter, just forges the ballot and submits it. 

So mail-in fraud can run rampant with no one knowing and no one getting caught. Another extreme risk is foreign governments seeing that mail-in balloting is becoming a big part of our system and then make our elections look like a 3rd world country, and having Americans losing their faith of the voting system.

What can they do? They can make fake ballots of real voters and submit several ballots for one person and send in millions. That would take forever to sort out what is legit and what isn’t. The hanging chad portion of the process would take so much time to sort out, the public would be getting angry and some rioting because of it taking so long. It could go way beyond 2/21. There are some Dem Primary Mail-In ballots in a few states that have yet to be Resolved!!!!! We’ve already seen a preview of what’s com, and it ain’t good.

The union and a strong Democrat supporters are ones who deliver these ballots. There is no question of fraud, it is just how much. It is unacceptable to allow this to happen in a mass scale. 

Voter ID works really well in Kansas. As a voter you feel more comfortable that the vote is legitimate. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

I think lost in the shuffle in this whole mail-in voting debate is voting is supposed to be an intimate and private experience. If you are doing the mail-in voting thing are you going to let your significant other see your vote? Are you going to do it together like a group project at school? What if a man secretly likes Trump (a common occurrence) but can't bear to let his tender wife see he voted for that boorish pig. In traditional voting it's just you, the ballot and a bi-folding piece of cardboard to keep your wife from seeing who you actually voted for. You can lie all day about who you voted for because no one but you will actually know, but you. Group pressure and political correctness are the Left's greatest weapons and mail-in voting unleashes them to the nth degree.

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

@azgreg what the phuck?. I thought that was a well thought out argument that I haven't seen anyone else make. And all you do is give me the idiot button by default.

I mean your argument is pretty silly. It sounds like a personal problem. If im vtoing at home I would still do it privately. There is nothing stopping you from doing it privately at home. Seems like a very silly reason to be against voting by mail. I mean all reasons peole are against it are pretty silly since there are many fail safes in place to prevent mail voter fraud. Like signature matches and the biggest one, the huge penalty for getting caught and the very small payoff at virtually no chance of affecting an election. The only good reason I can think of to be against mail in voting is the hgher chance for someone to make an honest mistake in filing and getting it rejected(rejection rates are higher for mail in voting I believe). 

But your reason here is especially silly.

28 minutes ago, Bob said:

I think lost in the shuffle in this whole mail-in voting debate is voting is supposed to be an intimate and private experience. If you are doing the mail-in voting thing are you going to let your significant other see your vote? Are you going to do it together like a group project at school? What if a man secretly likes Trump (a common occurrence) but can't bear to let his tender wife see he voted for that boorish pig. In traditional voting it's just you, the ballot and a bi-folding piece of cardboard to keep your wife from seeing who you actually voted for. You can lie all day about who you voted for because no one but you will actually know, but you. Group pressure and political correctness are the Left's greatest weapons and mail-in voting unleashes them to the nth degree.

tenor.gif?itemid=7340922

Kidding aside, private and intimate can happen at home.  Vote in another room, vote on the patio, vote on the john.  If they try and open up your closed letter, they are subject to a greater punishment than peeking in a booth.  And with this "look at me" society that knows no affiliations, how private are we nowadays?  People can google if you donated to a campaign, people can google if you are registered to a party, and on social media, people freely tell people who they are voting for (Exhibit A is here).  So while I agree that there needs to be the availability of privacy, mail-in isn't removing that.  If a wife is scared of a husband when she chooses to vote one way or the other (or anyone scared of anyone), and they mandate that they watch them vote and mail, the vote isn't my concern at that point, and likely they were going to vote that way in the booth.  And I hope they get away from that household, because that is sad.  That said, I have voted in person and have had things said my way that if I was a smaller person or a woman would constitute pressure or threat.  In fact, my father remembers black people threatened and forced to feel uncomfortable standing in line to vote in TN, and they left the lines, so no vote for them.  It's not perfect either way, but in the end, this conversation is overblown.

37 minutes ago, Bob said:

Or maybe the wife wants to vote Biden but is afraid her Trumper husband will see her ballot and then leave her for a younger woman, then leave that woman for an even younger woman and then cheat on that one with two adult entertainers while the younger, younger woman, who was put under the knife to look like Carla Bruni, the woman he really wants, is at home with their infant son, who will be named after a made up publicist that the husband would pretend to be when he calls in to talk shows.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

:rotflmfao: then he's a pussy.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

2 hours ago, Bob said:

@azgreg what the phuck?. I thought that was a well thought out argument that I haven't seen anyone else make. And all you do is give me the idiot button by default.

If the husband is afraid of his wife learning his true intentions, couldn't he easily fill out his ballot in private and seal the envelope?

And if a husband can't be honest with his own wife, I'd say he has much bigger problems than who he's voting for.

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

If the husband is afraid of his wife learning his true intentions, Couldn't he easily fill out his ballot in private and seal the envelope?

If a husband can't be honest with his own wife, I'd say he has much bigger problems than who he's voting for.

Despite the oddly worded post by Bob, the scenario of people in a household filling out a ballot or ballots for others in the house with differing political views will probably be the most common abuse of mail in voting. And let's be honest....husbands and wives are frequently not honest with each other and while that is mostly their problem, in this case, it could have bigger implications. 

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I used the idiot emoji because there isn't an option for a retard one.

People, not a fan.

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I never said let’s kill em all. Time is on my side. 

Put the shovel down and quit digging that hole for yourself.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

7 minutes ago, RSF said:

Put the shovel down and quit digging that hole for yourself.

What hole? Acknowledging that older people - such as the two septuagenarians running for president - will be gone soon enough and then my generation can begin undoing the damage they’ve done because we actually love our children and don’t want to see them living at home in their thirties, facing criminal levels of student debt, dealing with institutional racism, and laboring under the burden of fascism is something other than a fact? Ok. I mean Jesus if they can’t even deal with a fact as basic as the simple passage of time then it’s no wonder they +++++ed up their turn to be in charge so badly. 

Now the dumb+++++ is calling for people to knowingly attempt to commit voter fraud in his name.

President Donald Trump suggested that people in North Carolina should vote twice in the November election, once by mail and once in person, escalating his attempts to cast confusion and doubt on the validity of the results.

"So let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote,” Trump said when asked whether he has confidence in the mail-in system in the battleground state.

"If it's as good as they say it is then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote. So that's the way it is. And that's what they should do," he said.

It is illegal to vote more than once in an election.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-encourages-north-carolina-residents-vote-twice-test-mail-system-n1239140

I simply can't understand how any of y'all still defend him.