Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Worst yet, Trump Supporter executed walking down street in Portland

21 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I liked Jon Stewart on the show, but I always had a problem with is insistence that he should be treated differently than a journalist because he's a comedian. He always used that as an excuse when criticized. I found it to be more than a bit cowardly. 

Yes, but...

Maybe he hid behind that on occasion but I think he also used that schtick to say, hey, I'm running a GD satire show, you're supposed to be running the country or an actual news program, be better than me. Your standard should be higher than a satire show. That kind of thing.

14 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Yes, but...

Maybe he hid behind that on occasion but I think he also used that schtick to say, hey, I'm running a GD satire show, you're supposed to be running the country or an actual news program, be better than me. Your standard should be higher than a satire show. That kind of thing.

That's why he should be mentioned in discussions about political comedians, not in discussions about great political journalists. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

12 hours ago, aztech said:

It makes me wonder how much of this shit is being driven by Russian disinformation on social media.  This pitting of one side against another is starting to become violent.  It looks like the same playbook they used in 2016 when they encouraged two opposing groups to confront each other on a street corner.  It wasn't widely publicized so the numbers were low. 

However they have the numbers from these BLM protests so now they can really divide people .  Just a thought. 

I don’t think Americans need help disseminating disinformation. We’re a lot better than that than the Russians on our own. Our divides are amongst Americans, the Russians wouldn’t even know how to exploit them even if they understood.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

20 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I liked Jon Stewart on the show, but I always had a problem with is insistence that he should be treated differently than a journalist because he's a comedian. He always used that as an excuse when criticized. I found it to be more than a bit cowardly. 

I always thought of the Daily show vs news programs akin to political cartoons in the newspaper vs the news they publish. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

9 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don’t think Americans need help disseminating disinformation. We’re a lot better than that than the Russians on our own. Our divides are amongst Americans, the Russians wouldn’t even know how to exploit them even if they understood.

I hope you're right.

On 9/5/2020 at 4:31 PM, smltwnrckr said:

On 9/5/2020 at 5:11 PM, smltwnrckr said:

That's why he should be mentioned in discussions about political comedians, not in discussions about great political journalists. 

That's fair. I think he's kind of in a category of his own to be honest. He's more than a simple political comedian, but less than a great political journalist. 

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

That was great to see the cops kill that fvcker. 

With just the chance of Trump losing you are becoming more unhinged by the day. If Biden does win we could see the greatest meltdown in message board history.

Get some sleep. You don't need to be on the internet 24 hours a day.

5 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

What is wrong with you?

WTF is wrong with you? Anyone that executes someone from behind for doing nothing, then wants a shoot out with an army of cops is a POS that deserves the death penalty and he got it. Oh wait, the victim was one of those yucky Trump supporter types, so he kind of deserved it. 

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, PackNation said:

With just the chance of Trump losing you are becoming more unhinged by the day. If Biden does win we could see the greatest meltdown in message board history.

Get some sleep. You don't need to be on the internet 24 hours a day.

You’re a big pvssy and it shows. What’s new? 😂😂😂👍

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

WTF is wrong with you? Anyone that executes someone from behind for doing nothing, then wants a shoot out with an army of cops is a POS that deserves the death penalty and he got it. Oh wait, the victim was one of those yucky Trump supporter types, so he kind of deserved it. 

None of that is “great to see” you callous moron.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

None of that is “great to see” you callous moron.

For folks with your mindset, right now it’s absolutely politically incorrect to praise the cops when they use deadly force because you’ve been conditioned to associate a cop-killing with a black person whose the victim of excessive force/murder.

It’s ‘great to see’ the cops dispatch this guy because there would’ve been more victims, absolutely. He even made that clear in the Vice interview. So why exactly isn’t it ‘great to see’ that future victims will now live? You seem to be more concerned about the killer than the people who’s lives would’ve been stolen by this POS. Why not show a little bit of concern and respect for them? It’s pretty obvious who the callous moron is here. 

kat.jpg

13 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

For folks with your mindset, right now it’s absolutely politically incorrect to praise the cops when they use deadly force because you’ve been conditioned to associate a cop-killing with a black person whose the victim of excessive force/murder.

It’s ‘great to see’ the cops dispatch this guy because there would’ve been more victims, absolutely. He even made that clear in the Vice interview. So why exactly isn’t it ‘great to see’ that future victims will now live? You seem to be more concerned about the killer than the people who’s lives would’ve been stolen by this POS. Why not show a little bit of concern and respect for them? It’s pretty obvious who the callous moron is here. 

It may be good that he's off the streets and won't pose a threat going forward, but there are very few cases when someone being shot and killed is a good thing. It's okay to be conservative and/or support the police and still have some level of empathy and couth. 

7 hours ago, Slapdad said:

It may be good that he's off the streets and won't pose a threat going forward, but there are very few cases when someone being shot and killed is a good thing. It's okay to be conservative and/or support the police and still have some level of empathy and couth. 

Sorry, I saw the interview with the guy where he had zero remorse, would do it again and will do it again. I saw him execute the guy on video. I have a personal question for you and anyone else that’s become used to murder. How many lives would the dude have needed to rip-off to raise it to the “great to see he’s been dispatched” level for you (because it eventually would)? How about someone you know, how about someone you love? How about 100 people, 200 people, how about your family...eventually the extreme act and reality of taking a human life would become real enough to you that you would agree that it’s ‘great to see‘ that he’s been taken out and is no longer with us. 

kat.jpg