Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Worst yet, Trump Supporter executed walking down street in Portland

2 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

This country is so divided right now and each side is so ready to blame/defend against the other 100% for any negative event that happens to someone on their "side". There is no gray anymore just black/white depending on your team. It's quite concerning.

We’ve all seen this building for some time now. Local, State, and federal leaders need to clamp down on this before it turns into a mini civil war that morphs into full blown guerilla warfare in our cities. 

15 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Blaming this on Trump is horseshit.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No it’s not. They should have been arrested. But alas, we have instead the murder of some seemingly random guy, who wasn’t shooting paintballs at the time and only pulled the mace as his murderer pointed the gun at him. 

The caravan was driving through the streets macing and paintballing people. Not talking about this murder which is horrendous and inexcusable.

20 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

A brief pause, this thread demonstrates how awesome mwcboard is.  Restraint from personal attacks and name-calling is appreciated.  Let's keep each other accountable, myself included.  Vigorous debate is good.  Very emotional topic / thread.

Yep if the country mirrored the MWCBoard things would certainly be better. 

28 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Blaming this on Trump is horseshit.

You did see the words used in the convention?   Do you think those words were meant to bring us together????

come on, it’s an invitation to culture war and the extremists on both sides are rising to the invitation.   

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The caravan was driving through the streets macing and paintballing people. Not talking about this murder which is horrendous and inexcusable.

As I said, should have been arrested. But the police aren’t allowed to do such things in Portland during protests by order of the politicians. Since nobody can agree as to what those duties should constitute we’ll get mob justice, death for paintballs somewhere by someone.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

We’ve all seen this building for some time now. Local, State, and federal leaders need to clamp down on this before it turns into a mini civil war that morphs into full blown guerilla warfare in our cities. 

Yes and they all need to tone down the rhetoric. 

6 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Neither is shooting fireworks at police, throwing frozen water bottles, or setting fire to courthouses with federal agents inside. Some on the left here have mocked others who suggested that the riots were violent by saying "destroying property is not violence", which is nonsense. 

No shit. I'm not defending that. Are you defending macing and paintballing people as ”peaceful"? Because that's all I'm taking about.

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

This victim in Portland was supposedly wearing a Patriot Prayer hat. We will see if he was a member or not.

Patriot Prayer is a far-right group that has attempted to incite confrontations with the far-left before.

In 2019, 6 members of Patriot Prayer were arrested and a lawsuit filed against the organization following a confrontation at a known far-left event at a cider house.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/portland-cider-riot-brawl-six-men-indicted/

Video of Patriot Prayer members before and during the 2019 confrontation (including gathering before the confrontation) are at:

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/g66l-2019/08/4691c664a91003/what-do-the-videos-show-of-the-brawl-at-cider-riot-take-a-look.html

Lots still to come out about last night's murder. But if this victim and his associate were confrontational maybe the shooter felt the need to use self-defense. Maybe the victim and shooter had a previous history over a woman, money, etc and this was a continuation of that.

At this point, saying a "Trump supporter executed" is just as bad as complaints about the media or Democrats. Facts are needed first not jumping to emotional conclusions.

Maybe BLM should adhere to that policy in the Blake shooting. 

Just now, sactowndog said:

Yes and they all need to tone down the rhetoric. 

You can’t clamp down and tone down rhetoric at the same time. Clamping down is literally STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE and physically enforcing it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

As I said, should have been arrested. But the police aren’t allowed to do such things in Portland during protests by order of the politicians. Since nobody can agree as to what those duties should constitute we’ll get mob justice, death for paintballs somewhere by someone.

It's chaos. I agree with what you said. But I kinda felt like you were insinuating because a trumper got killed that means that all that counts here.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

You can’t clamp down and tone down rhetoric at the same time. Clamping down is literally STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE and physically enforcing it.

Sure you can.  The rhetoric seen in the Trump convention like “they will make MS-13 your neighbors” is unneeded.   Put the country first dude and quit defending one of the most dividing Presidents in our country.   

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

It's chaos. I agree with what you said. But I kinda felt like you were insinuating because a trumper got killed that means that all that counts here.

I’ve been saying for months this is exactly what we’re gonna get. I was called a fascist. But here we are, the police won’t do the job so the mobs will. And it won’t get better until the local politicians do the job they signed up for.

13 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Agreed. One of the biggest problems are police and NG standing down under orders from local and state leaders and allowing burning, looting, and riots to continue. It was only a matter of time before armed property owners and vigilantes entered the fray. It’s only going to get worse until leaders start enforcing the law. Establish curfew and throw those in jail that violate it. 

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’ve been saying for months this is exactly what we’re gonna get. I was called a fascist. But here we are, the police won’t do the job so the mobs will. And it won’t get better until the local politicians do the job they signed up for.

Yes, the trumper caravan was about doing the job of the police last night. Yes, it was about restoring order. God bless those solemn righteous patriots.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You’re a good dude. Patient about waiting for facts, never rushing to judgement, I respect the hell out of that. But you’ve got it wrong. The shooter crosses the street and opens up on a man walking next to the sidewalk. You seem to have the two backwards.

Also, there’s arson, there’s murder, and then there is jaywalking.

I'll look for another video and watch again. The mayor and police chief are scheduled to speak shortly and we will see what they say at this point. But I am seeing a few reports, true or not, that the victim walked up to other people.

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Yes, the trumper caravan was about doing the job of the police last night. Yes, it was about restoring order. God bless those solemn righteous patriots.

There should be no taking sides in this. Those violating the law need to be arrested and prosecuted. The law breakers see that they can get away with it so won’t stop. 

46 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

James O’Keefe is not who I was referring to. Most of the people I’ve watched are sympathetic to the protests, but they don’t shy away from showing the violence for what it is.

Agree.  But mainstream left media has been keeping the public in the dark and feeding them bullshit.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

13 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

And police officers do the job they signed up for, protect and serve.

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

There should be no taking sides in this. Those violating the law need to be arrested and prosecuted. The law breakers see that they can get away with it so won’t stop. 

I agree. Were Trumpers there with righteous intent last night or were they there for hooliganism, same as the protestors?

The Portland Tribune says they interviewed the victim's friend (the victim declined an interview) a few hours before the shooting. Supposedly they were volunteer security for the pro-Trump car counter-protestors. The reporter says they were both carrying paintball guns, knives and other gear.

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/478372-386668-man-killed-at-portland-protest-linked-to-trump-cruise-in-

The victim supposedly did make a comment in the article before being cut off that mentioned Andy Ngo and referenced the "Overton Window" which talks about poitical policies that are acceptable to the mainstream. Most people would not even know the concept much less say it.

The victim's associate/friend supposedly a few days earlier said at another demonstration:

"I'm here to stop people from assaulting these people," Pappas said, referring to the Trump caravan.

He was even more blunt at a dueling counter protest outside Gresham City Hall spurred by the city's Black Lives Matter flag on Wednesday, Aug. 26.

Again armed with a paintball gun, Pappas said "I came here ready for war" and warned a counter-protester "I'll drop you on your f-----g head."