Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Reno Attorney Personal Story

35 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

What most of us would like to change however is the unequal treatment under the legal/penal system.  

Yeah but let's be clear. Many of us want to see a lot less people locked up for simply being addicted to intoxicating substances which studies show Black Americans have been disproportionately subjected to. What we'd also like to see changed is a criminal justice system under which if you have enough money your chances of being convicted are a minute fraction of what they are if you don't have such a thick wallet. In that regard, for every OJ Simpson there are probably 30 or 40 white folks who skate.

Btw, why are we suddenly capitalizing "Black" but not "white," "brown" or whatever? Not saying we shouldn't but is there an actual reason for that?

13 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

God you are ignorant.  

In the case of the author he was stating incidents that occurred to him to help provide perspective.  He did not name names.  He did not Doxx someone.   That approach is quite a bit different than accusing someone of sexual harassment and seeking retribution.  One strives to increase understanding and bring us together.  The other seeks redress where the standard is much different.  

Don’t read into it too much. Nothing is exactly the same, but the black and white mentality is exactly the same for the two. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

The obvious inference here is you believe that somehow what black folks talking among themselves might say (disparagingly, we are to assume) about white folks is likely the same sort of casually racist shit white people, friends, even, have said and believe about blacks right in front of him and, therefore, he ( and any blacks) shouldn’t complain about the racism he has experienced. This is the type of myopia displayed by “is it really racism?” types that takes my breath away. It’s almost as bad as “but they should shut up and be grateful for their opportunities” assholes like the perennially caustic @SDSUfanand the outright racism deniers like the Contard, as displayed in the second post in this thread. 

Given the current surge of enlightenment any person actually interested in the historical (and current) black experience in the country ought to be encountering right now, it’s mind boggling that you would even think to ask this question.

You’re the poster CHILD for the B&W mindset on the left, and I emphasize child. Somewhere along the line, you stopped maturing. “If Convert doesn’t believe what I say and want, I’m going to have a temper tantrum and tell the whole neighborhood that he hates everybody and everything, even Topps Baseball Cards & Big Wheels.”

Saying that I’m a racist denier despite everything I’ve posted about it over the last 12-13 years is about as childish as it gets. 

kat.jpg

56 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You’ve been here how long? We’ve been going at it and exchanging pleasantries on politics and other things for over 10 years. Better late than never, I guess. 

You missed the point.  Unlike me he actually follows Christian values and never stoops to name calling but you managed to flip his bit. 

3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

I've been married to an African American woman for forty years, raised two bi-racial children and now have four grand kids that range in color from porcelain white to peanut butter brown. I'm well aware of life's indignities. The instances recounted by this gentleman ring true. They are not however indicators of "systemic racism".  What they are is a catalog of boorish behavior by individuals, which is a problem but not the same problem and the solution to it is different.

BLM's actions are calculated to inflame, impugn and offend. It is an intentional wedge they are driving between the races.  The damage they are doing is setting back the cause of racial harmony decades and they know it.  Division is their source of power.

Most of it is exactly that: Boorish behavior.  But when it extends to treatment by law enforcement it crosses the line.  

2 minutes ago, PackNation said:

That's all you got cupcake?

Guess that means no link to your made up story?

You’ve been out of material for a long time now, and you’re so boring that suddenly I feel like taking a nap. Not that your material has ever been good, but at least you didn’t repeat your comebackers over and over and over and over and over. That’s why I don’t even bother to read most of your posts these days, let alone respond to them. 

kat.jpg

13 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Most of it is exactly that: Boorish behavior.  But when it extends to treatment by law enforcement it crosses the line.  

Incidents involving law enforcement are rare. Far more rare than those pushing the "narrative" would have you believe.  There are plenty of statistics to back up this claim but statistics cannot counter inflamed emotions.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

You missed the point.  Unlike me he actually follows Christian values and never stoops to name calling but you managed to flip his bit. 

Well, somebody had to fill the gap for the loss of bluerules and you have to admit Convert's been doing a great job of it. Name calling, completely refusing to tone down his rhetoric even in the face of criticism from myriad others, laughing at his own jokes, et al. Didn't think it was possible but the guy has definitely stepped up his game.

To educate those who may not know or refresh the recollection of anyone who has forgotten, the guy won the initial Troll Derby. He has since been such a perpetually annoying troll that just as the NFL recognized Vince Lombardi's greatness by naming the Super Bowl trophy after him, so should the board honor Convert by naming its Troll Derby trophy after him.

Until then, Convert, we salute you:  Ozon Salute - Imgflip

https://mdcbowen.substack.com/p/race-talk-doesnt-work

We have entered an era in which the relative neutrality of racial identity no longer exists in the mainstream of American life. The truce signed in the 70s by nominal blackfolks and nominal whitefolks has broken. Not by you and I, but by a collection of people who are determined to say that race matters, and that it matters more than you or I. It has broken over some truly phenomenally trivial bullshit which has been magnified many orders of magnitude into a symbol, perhaps the most incredibly weighty hot air balloon America has ever seen. It doesn’t matter that St. George has put more people and violence in the street than anybody short of Rodney King and MLK, it matters that the truce is broken and people are scrambling to do something. This is poignant moment. Things are out of balance. It’s fair to say that so-called whitefolks and so-called blackfolks are at odds, or even at war. Sucks to be them.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

Incidents involving law enforcement are rare. Far more rare than those pushing the "narrative" would have you believe.  There are plenty of statistics to back up this claim but statistics cannot counter inflamed emotions.

I didn’t know they kept statistics about cops following people due to race. 

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You’ve been out of material for a long time now, and you’re so boring that suddenly I feel like taking a nap. Not that your material has ever been good, but at least you didn’t repeat your comebackers over and over and over and over and over. That’s why I don’t even bother to read most of your posts these days, let alone respond to them. 

So you keep saying...as you keep responding.

So no link to your made up story?

BTW...speaking of old material...do you ever read what you write before you hit send? I still can't figure out why you are so infatuated with my family. Very creepy.