Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

B1G Reportedly considering playing this Fall (Oct 10).

10 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Purely political.  The commissioner has been rallying to get Trump out of office.  And it’s conveniently ok to play around Thanksgiving once the election is over.

Nothing more obvious than this. The B1G leadership thought they could influence the the election by cancelling football. Now, it is backfiring. 

Guest #1Stunner
On 8/28/2020 at 9:46 AM, RSF said:

They are looking at the possibility of starting after Thanksgiving, in domed facilities (Minneapolis, Detroit, Indy).  Might get logistically complicated doing that, though, since all 3 are NFL stadiums.  Feldman's tweet is...misleading.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:53 AM, Del Scorcho said:

Thanksgiving day is still 3 months away.  If things get worse, the B1G can still push back to winter/spring.  I wouldn't call that spin. Do you really doubt the possible health concerns of this virus?

On 8/28/2020 at 10:11 AM, tspoke said:

As others have said. they aren't changing course. they are trying to figure out the best time to begin the season. January or Thanksgiving. SOunds completely reasonable. Thanksgiving is far enough out that they can get a better feeling on how to get the seaon going but also enough time to push things farther out if they determine it isn't safe. Good for them. I hope the MW is looking at doing something similar.

BIG10 has decided that the playing college football is no longer "unsafe".  October 10th the new start date (reportedly)

More information coming.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

BIG10 has decided that the playing college football is no longer "unsafe".  October 10th the new start date (reportedly)

More information coming.

I saw that. Its interesting. Wonder what the updated safety measures are.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I saw that. Its interesting. Wonder what the updated safety measures are.

Looks like they aren't worried about permanent heart damage anymore...or similar stories.

My guess is the safety measures are the same ones that existed 4 months ago---frequent testing.  There isn't really anything they can do other than that.

Question is, if the MWC is try to have a season starting October 1, now.   There might be a problem with the State of California allowing any football games.

Guest #1Stunner
On 8/28/2020 at 5:10 PM, ph90702 said:

Purely political.  The commissioner has been rallying to get Trump out of office.  And it’s conveniently ok to play around Thanksgiving once the election is over.

You think that California's governor will allow high school and college football games after the election?

Here's why the Big 10 appears dysfunctional.

“The Big Ten Thanksgiving start is a very long shot. More Support for late January and an 8 game schedule…” Dan has update on why it will be difficult for the Big Ten to come back earlier pic.twitter.com/85Ui7rTY8o

— Dan Patrick Show (@dpshow) August 31, 2020

“From source: If conference can pass updated safety measures and procedures, Big Ten targeting Oct. 10 to start football season.” – Dan Patrick

— Dan Patrick Show (@dpshow) September 1, 2020

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Might be Dan Patrick making stuff up again.

WOW!

The BIG TEN is having real trouble projecting a unified message. 

33 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

More information coming.

you're as excited as a ten year old girl at her first sleepover with these B1G rumors 

:D

the P12 isn't playing this year, despite whatever the B1G does

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Might be Dan Patrick making stuff up again.

WOW!

The BIG TEN is having real trouble projecting a unified message. 

Dan Patrick doesn't break stories very often and is pretty good when he hears things. He was first on the BIG canceling their season I think. So I trust him but I think his sources might be wrong here. I guess we will find out in a few days.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

you're as excited as a ten year old girl at her first sleepover with these B1G rumors 

:D

the P12 isn't playing this year, despite whatever the B1G does

Why wouldn't I be!?!

1/4 of BYU's schedule is supposed to be Big Ten schools this year...

17 minutes ago, Bob said:

It must be bitterly disappointing for a person like you that people want their normal lives back

As an Air Force fan, what are your thoughts on their position on all this? THe service academies want to play. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

So..Kevin Warren has a phone conversation with the President.

Shortly thereafter, a source tells Dan Patrick the Big 10 could play in October.

I'm not saying they're connected but....

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

23 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Why wouldn't I be!?!

1/4 of BYU's schedule is supposed to be Big Ten schools this year...

Normally, I wouldnt do this....

Hell, yes I would......

BYU had 2 Big 10 opponents.  That's 1/6.

BYU had 3 Pac 12 opponents.  THAT's 1/4.

Guest #1Stunner
16 minutes ago, RSF said:

Normally, I wouldnt do this....

Hell, yes I would......

BYU had 2 Big 10 opponents.  That's 1/6.

BYU had 3 Pac 12 opponents.  THAT's 1/4.

Thank you for setting the record straight and taking the time to correct this!

Just when I thought @robe and I were the biggest BYU fans on the board, someone else emerges that knows BYU's schedule even better than us. 

KUDOS, Sir!!!

And this is why I always say... BYU is a national team.  Lots of quiet fans, even in Texas.