Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

B1G Reportedly considering playing this Fall (Oct 10).

16 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Why is every NCAA athletic conference not starting to play football in September but the Big 12, SEC, ACC and their little brothers are? 

If I might be cynical for a minute...in Division II and III there's no money at risk, so no external forces influencing the decision. So the shutdown is 100%.  But you have  IA and IAA schools/conferences playing.  Why?  Because there's money at risk.  For the 1AA schools and those in the SBC/CUSA/AAC there's that fat game check from a body bag game.  So it becomes a risk/reward decision.  And then there's the cultural angle at work.  Those that are playing are, geographically, mostly south.  Where college football isnt merely an avocation, but a religion.  This is not so true west and north, except for more localized pockets.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Much pearl clutching.

So...

If the PAC12 plays any sort of season before the entire population is vaccinated (thereby eliminating the 50% risk of "permanent heart damage"), then we'll know that their stated concern about their players was really just a bunch of hot air?  right?

I mean, because if the PAC12 plays a season starting January 1st, and we aren't all vaccinated by then, then there is a huge risk of these athletes suffering major heart damage (according to the medical professionals that know more than you and I, as you've stated).

Is that what you are saying?

I guess we'll all see what happens and what the PAC12 does.  

speaking of pearl clutching, every time the B1G takes a shit lately you're hear to post about it and wipe their ass.

I think you've started 10 threads the last few weeks about what the B1G MIGHT do. 

Your so desperate to leave the PAC12/MWC in the cold that you've gone Cougarboard here.

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, RSF said:

If I might be cynical for a minute...in Division II and III there's no money at risk, so no external forces influencing the decision. So the shutdown is 100%.  But you have  IA and IAA schools/conferences playing.  Why?  Because there's money at risk.  For the 1AA schools and those in the SBC/CUSA/AAC there's that fat game check from a body bag game.  So it becomes a risk/reward decision.  And then there's the cultural angle at work.  Those that are playing are, geographically, mostly south.  Where college football isnt merely an avocation, but a religion.  This is not so true west and north, except for more localized pockets.

I agree that this is all money based, that’s why it annoys me when people feel the need use these stupid ass arguments based on diminishing the risk of COVID. If people support playing in the fall, it’s strictly for financial reasons. And I don’t agree with it, but I get that argument. The diminishing of the risk associated with exposing college student athletes and coaches (and the people they come in to contact with)? I don’t have much tolerance for that.

5 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I agree that this is all money based, that’s why it annoys me when people feel the need use these stupid ass arguments based on diminishing the risk of COVID. If people support playing in the fall, it’s strictly for financial reasons. And I don’t agree with it, but I get that argument. The diminishing of the risk associated with exposing college student athletes and coaches (and the people they come in to contact with)? I don’t have much tolerance for that.

I didnt say it was ALL money.  I mean, after all, which conference makes the most money?  The Big 10.   And yes, by delaying things, you are hoping that the risk will diminish.  A strategic withdrawal, if you will.  Will it play out that way?  Who the +++++ knows?  As I said, a risk/reward decision.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Rick Neuheisel on XM CFB said his sources in the Pac 12 are saying the B1G is looking to bring players back after Thanksgiving for training camp bubble. Season starts Jan 1. 8 game season after the 8 games top teams will play the Pac 12 in a showdown. Season will end in March.

Guest #1Stunner
26 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

speaking of pearl clutching, every time the B1G takes a shit lately you're hear to post about it and wipe their ass.

I think you've started 10 threads the last few weeks about what the B1G MIGHT do. 

Your so desperate to leave the PAC12/MWC in the cold that you've gone Cougarboard here.

What?  HA!

It is great entertainment watching the PAC12 copy the B1G....

What did a post about the B1G have anything to do with BYU Cougarboard?

I haven't been on Cougarboard for like 5 years. 

You still regularly post on that site? 

20 minutes ago, RSF said:

I didnt say it was ALL money.  I mean, after all, which conference makes the most money?  The Big 10.   And yes, by delaying things, you are hoping that the risk will diminish.  A strategic withdrawal, if you will.  Will it play out that way?  Who the +++++ knows?  As I said, a risk/reward decision.

I do think it’s pretty much all about money. But again, I can understand that argument because there is a lot of money on the line that affects the athletic department and the surrounding community. People can make that argument without also downplaying the risk of COVID, but most choose to just downplay. 

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Why is every NCAA athletic conference not starting to play football in September but the Big 12, SEC, ACC and their little brothers are? 

Because football is in their blood and they need it, covid be damned.  

1 minute ago, jdgaucho said:

Because football is in their blood and they need it, covid be damned.  

Yeah, I bet you can correlate AAU membership to likehood or lack thereof a season at the P5 level...there's a joke about intelligence in there. 

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

giphy.gif

Stunner is a master. Looking at his response to you he masterfully deflects your questions and points (feigning ignorance and purposefully missing the point). THEN he suggests you might post on Cougarboard and with great frequency. Dammit, Stunner can message board. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Stunner is a master. Looking at his response to you he masterfully deflects your questions and points (feigning ignorance and purposefully missing the point). THEN he suggests you might post on Cougarboard and with great frequency. Dammit, Stunner can message board. 

Help me out here...

What point did I miss that he was attempting but failing to make?

And don't be too hard on @Del Scorcho for admitting that he posts on Cougarboard (apparently, it is the largest gathering of Utah Ute fans on the internet).

17 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I love all the #1Stunner(s)

10 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Help me out here...

What point did I miss that he was attempting but failing to make?

And don't be too hard on @Del Scorcho for admitting that he posts on Cougarboard (apparently, it is the largest gathering of Utah Ute fans on the internet).

I'm on year 13 of a 99 year ban there. They are a forgiving Christian bunch. And they love differing opinions

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I'm on year 13 of a 99 year ban there. They are a forgiving Christian bunch. And they love differing opinions

I too am the recipient of a 99 year ban. 

But I have an account on Utefans.net.   

Since I can't be on Cougarboard anymore, I found that Utefans.net basically offers a play by play of BYU sports AND Cougarboard, in one simple location.

16 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I too am the recipient of a 99 year ban. 

But I have an account on Utefans.net.   

Since I can't be on Cougarboard anymore, I found that Utefans.net basically offers a play by play of BYU sports AND Cougarboard, in one simple location.

https://www.utefans.net/

The latest BYU thread on Utefans was last commented on August 19th. There are 40 other threads with more recent/relevant activity and we have no sports to talk about.

Guest #1Stunner
27 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

https://www.utefans.net/

The latest BYU thread on Utefans was last commented on August 19th. There are 40 other threads with more recent/relevant activity and we have no sports to talk about.

Wow.

Traffic way down on Utefans.net...

Looks like most of their posters now post on Cougarboard (the largest gathering of Ute fans on the internet). 

3 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

I can't for the life of me figure out why the ultra liberal PAC and their leadership follows directions from  a conference from flyover country, USA.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg