Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Lakers & clippers boycotting the playoffs

11 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I didn’t know that. And I’m sorry to hear all that, of course. You know my heart goes out to you. We never know fully what’s going on with a person.

The NBA players will be fine and I don’t feel sorry for them. But they are humans with their own problems, too, just like the rest of us. When we dismiss their humanity it sounds like one of those hate success things that liberals always get charged with. Seems beneath you. But what do I know?

Anyway. Gods speed in your recovery my friend. I know it’s a cliche, but If there is anything I can do to help. 

I think it is fine to point out when people act like divas?  Are celebrities supposed to be above criticism now, for the fist time in America?  NBA players, generally, have a widely acknowledged lifestyle.  It has been interrupted.  When you are hearing reports that they are whining, when the average American is going through so much more frustrating things related to COVID, seems tone def.   

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think it is fine to point out when people act like divas?  Are celebrities supposed to be above criticism now, for the fist time in America?  NBA players, generally, have a widely acknowledged lifestyle.  It has been interrupted.  When you are hearing reports that they are whining, when the average American is going through so much more frustrating things related to COVID, seems tone def.   

Criticize? Of course. But that’s not what grabbed my attention. At any rate, feel better.

16 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Funny. I like who I am. 

I do too, but I would trade places with a young NBA basketball player in the prime of life making millions. Assuming I could take my family with me and they would be young also. Sure you have some of the same life problems, but being financially secure softens the blows. Plus look at all the things they can do the average person can’t afford to do. 

44 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Mug, 4UNLV, top 25 and others know what I have been dealing with the past few days.  I am in the hospital.  Can't see family or friends.  Can't eat food or drink water.  Won't be able to eat even ice chips for over a week and solid food for about 3 weeks.  I am on a pain pump.  You know what I do for mental health?  Make few sappy posts on the MWCboard.  Read a book.  Pray.  Laugh at memes.  You know what I am not doing for my mental health?  Checking out my bank account with the millions I have made in a few months of "work".  Eating grab legs and wagyu 

James comparing it as a stint in prison is certainly implying he deserves sympathy, if not outright asking for it.  Rumors they collectively feel they need/deserve a mental health break.  Yikes.  As far as mental health goes, they do not even have it as hard as the average American right now.  They are in the top 0.01 of people who should be able to cop with everything going on mentally, because they have so much more going on for them.  They are worshiped, they are getting paid millions.  They are given the best of everything.  What is so tough?  The bubble?  It's a tiny amount of time and they are getting paid outrageously for it.  It's not like they are fishing on a boat in Alaska right now.  Fighting a forest fire.  These are the super privileged.  The elite.  They are on easy street.  

So when I said boo hoo.  I really, really meant it.

Sorry to hear you are having health issues. And it really sucks you can’t see family or friends because of Covid. I hope you get well soon and can get out there hiking and fishing. 

On 8/26/2020 at 8:21 PM, fbpack said:

Crazy the NBA is done for the year 

No No No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 8/27/2020 at 12:23 PM, renoskier said:

Do you mean like this packalum? 

And past systemic racism is the primary reason so many POC are "trapped in poverty".

I couldn't open it but I wouldn't consider systemic racism ast he primary reason for poverty. There is systemic racism against Asians as well but they have less history with large government projects, well meaning but often with unintended consequences for dependancy. Cultural expectations are different for recent immigrant Asian groups of all nationalities which opens up more options. Expanding these expectations and opportunities for entrepreneurship and education to other groups would at least give us another approach to the existing economic disparities. Counting on voting for the same old politicians and parties will result in the same old results in my estimation. Give people a chance to help themselves.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:52 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Mug, 4UNLV, top 25 and others know what I have been dealing with the past few days.  I am in the hospital.  Can't see family or friends.  Can't eat food or drink water.  Won't be able to eat even ice chips for over a week and solid food for about 3 weeks.  I am on a pain pump.  You know what I do for mental health?  Make few sappy posts on the MWCboard.  Read a book.  Pray.  Laugh at memes.  You know what I am not doing for my mental health?  Checking out my bank account with the millions I have made in a few months of "work".  Eating grab legs and wagyu 

James comparing it as a stint in prison is certainly implying he deserves sympathy, if not outright asking for it.  Rumors they collectively feel they need/deserve a mental health break.  Yikes.  As far as mental health goes, they do not even have it as hard as the average American right now.  They are in the top 0.01 of people who should be able to cop with everything going on mentally, because they have so much more going on for them.  They are worshiped, they are getting paid millions.  They are given the best of everything.  What is so tough?  The bubble?  It's a tiny amount of time and they are getting paid outrageously for it.  It's not like they are fishing on a boat in Alaska right now.  Fighting a forest fire.  These are the super privileged.  The elite.  They are on easy street.  

7-DAB58-F4-8971-42-BA-AD01-3-B801-A81-C3
Rest up. Be well. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Made my day!  

I'm starting the throwback thread we discussed.  Hope that will help even more

On 8/26/2020 at 10:42 PM, Del Scorcho said:

I applaud the NBA players for using their leverage for a cause that is bigger than themselves.

The NFL and MLB could follow 

Bullshit politics in a sport will kill that sport. If they keep BLM crap on everything next year, you’ll see a massive exodus of NBA fans. 

kat.jpg

On 8/29/2020 at 10:52 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Really sorry to hear about that. I hate being in the hospital sooooooo much, so I feel for you. You’ll be out of there shortly, though.

kat.jpg

19 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Bullshit politics in a sport will kill that sport. If they keep BLM crap on everything next year, you’ll see a massive exodus of NBA fans. 

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

NBA= Death by suicide. 

Don’t you think those fans are already gone and have been for years?

57 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Don’t you think those fans are already gone and have been for years?

Watch what happens next year if they continue the politicization of the sport. You’re dreaming if you don’t think this will have a big impact on fan support. People don’t watch or go to games to be bombarded with politics. That already happens in their daily lives. Sports are a diversion. When it ceases to be a respite people will find other more enjoyable things to do. 

16 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Watch what happens next year if they continue the politicization of the sport. You’re dreaming if you don’t think this will have a big impact on fan support. People don’t watch or go to games to be bombarded with politics. That already happens in their daily lives. Sports are a diversion. When it ceases to be a respite people will find other more enjoyable things to do. 

I think some people do. I also know for a fact that people who never watched basketball in their life are watching now. So we’ll see.

The plan is that everything goes back to normal when they reenter their home arenas anyway afaik.

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I think some people do. I also know for a fact that people who never watched basketball in their life are watching now. So we’ll see.

The plan is that everything goes back to normal when they reenter their home arenas anyway afaik.

Baseball lost a lot of fans the following year when they went on strike. It took several years to woo them back to the ball park. If the politicization is a short term thing fans will likely gradually come back over a period of time. If it continues over a long period they will lose a lot of fans. Im guessing they lose 20-25% of their fan base next year.