Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Lakers & clippers boycotting the playoffs

23 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Baseball lost a lot of fans the following year when they went on strike. It took several years to woo them back to the ball park. If the politicization is a short term thing fans will likely gradually come back over a period of time. If it continues over a long period they will lose a lot of fans. Im guessing they lose 20-25% of their fan base next year. 

Havent seen this years ratings.  But i would guess it is down.  Even with nothing to do.  Tv $ is what matters.  

On 9/1/2020 at 12:26 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Bullshit politics in a sport will kill that sport. If they keep BLM crap on everything next year, you’ll see a massive exodus of NBA fans. 

Why is it the "fans" can't just tune that shit out and watch a game ?

I can.

I ignore the kneeling, messages on jerseys and even the sportscasters calling the game and just watch. Often w/o the volume.

The athletes and media can politicize all they want. I  never watch the National Anthem, (mainly because I am watching the end of another game), turn down the volume, and watch the phuckingngame !

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Why is it the "fans" can't just tune that shit out and watch a game ?

I can.

I ignore the kneeling, messages on jerseys and even the sportscasters calling the game and just watch. Often w/o the volume.

The athletes and media can politicize all they want. I  never watch the National Anthem, (mainly because I am watching the end of another game), turn down the volume, and watch the phuckingngame !

So propaganda is now the price of watching a game. And it’s free too, such a deal.