Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SJSUMFA2013

I’m ready for an amicable divorce

25 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Government representatives can’t compromise right now and you want to triple it???

They cant because the middle has been removed(in terms of power) by lack of representation. With more reps the house becomes a lot more purple and things get done again. Hell their approval ratings may even stop being in the single digits. 

The Confederates could credibly argue that the Union were the real traitors to the Constitution's protections of slavery. The right to own human chattel was one of the founding ethics of our great nation.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

9 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

The Confederates could credibly argue that the Union were the real traitors to the Constitution's protections of slavery. The right to own human chattel was one of the founding ethics of our great nation.

See the source image

11 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

One could also argue that slavery doesn't have sht to do with anything right now and its nothing but an excuse for liberals who don't want to take any responsibility for their actions.  Blame Trump, blame slavery, blame white people... 

Lets go back to a little boy named Barrack who became President!  

2 minutes ago, pokerider said:

One could also argue that slavery doesn't have sht to do with anything right now and its nothing but an excuse for liberals who don't want to take any responsibility for their actions.  Blame Trump, blame slavery, blame white people... 

tf are you talking about my guy

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Well, this has gone about how I expected it to. 

Whos ready to negotiate? I suggest that the non-aggression pact require us to never declare war on each other and help one another should either country be attacked, but no requirement to aid each other in conflicts on foreign soil. 

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The other difference is that in the 60s and early 70s, demonstrators weren't bringing guns to the party.

No, they brought bombs.

https://time.com/4501670/bombings-of-america-burrough/

It may be hard to recall now, but there was a time when most Americans were decidedly more blasé about bombing attacks. This was during the 1970s, when protest bombings in America were commonplace, especially in hard-hit cities like New York, Chicago and San Francisco. Nearly a dozen radical underground groups, dimly remembered outfits such as the Weather Underground, the New World Liberation Front and the Symbionese Liberation Army, set off hundreds of bombs during that tumultuous decade—so many, in fact, that many people all but accepted them as a part of daily life. As one woman sniffed to a New York Post reporter after an attack by a Puerto Rican independence group in 1977: “Oh, another bombing? Who is it this time?’”

2 hours ago, pokerider said:

Can't tell if you're being facetious.  To say the history of slavery in our nation doesn't have anything to do with current affairs is disingenuous at best.

Gannett_2.jpg.404db0bd7deb615b1ec5699694fae130.jpg

45 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

No, they brought bombs.

https://time.com/4501670/bombings-of-america-burrough/

It may be hard to recall now, but there was a time when most Americans were decidedly more blasé about bombing attacks. This was during the 1970s, when protest bombings in America were commonplace, especially in hard-hit cities like New York, Chicago and San Francisco. Nearly a dozen radical underground groups, dimly remembered outfits such as the Weather Underground, the New World Liberation Front and the Symbionese Liberation Army, set off hundreds of bombs during that tumultuous decade—so many, in fact, that many people all but accepted them as a part of daily life. As one woman sniffed to a New York Post reporter after an attack by a Puerto Rican independence group in 1977: “Oh, another bombing? Who is it this time?’”

Not to protests they didn't. So another way of looking at it is there was never an intent then to stifle free speech.

Now? Now we have rightist nut jobs who show up to protest rallies they don't like adorned in battle fatigues packing semi-auto rifles clearly intended to intimidate those with whom they disagree from exercising their 1st amendment rights. In toting weapons of physical destruction, they're even worse than the leftist nut jobs who support cancel culture - though not as bad as the leftists of yesterday who wanted to "kill pigs."

2 minutes ago, wyorev said:

Can't tell if you're being facetious.  To say the history of slavery in our nation doesn't have anything to do with current affairs is disingenuous at best.

to blame slavery for current affairs is being willfully blind and using excuses instead of looking at underlying issues.   You can't go back and change history, can't change the millions who died in WW2, can't change the Civil war, can't change that slavery existed. 
What you can do is move forward, acknowledge the past, learn from it and move forward.  Not dwell in the past and not blame things from hundreds of years ago for my problems today.   

This always brings to mind of a young black guy named Barrack who became President over this awful racist nation... 

6 minutes ago, pokerider said:

to blame slavery for current affairs is being willfully blind and using excuses instead of looking at underlying issues.   You can't go back and change history, can't change the millions who died in WW2, can't change the Civil war, can't change that slavery existed. 
What you can do is move forward, acknowledge the past, learn from it and move forward.  Not dwell in the past and not blame things from hundreds of years ago for my problems today.   

This always brings to mind of a young black guy named Barrack who became President over this awful racist nation... 

YES!!! That's what all these protest are really about. Acknowledging the past which has led to the problem with equality which we are still facing.

This is what Colin Kaepernick was doing 5 years ago but instead of listening many folks, including our idiot in chief, attacked the messenger.

Let's acknowledge the past, learn from it, and move forward by making necessary changes so we don't do this every freaking year.

18 minutes ago, pokerider said:

bro you need help...

"I have a black friend!" but the national politics version. haha.

28 minutes ago, renoskier said:

YES!!! That's what all these protest are really about. Acknowledging the past which has led to the problem with equality which we are still facing.

This is what Colin Kaepernick was doing 5 years ago but instead of listening many folks, including our idiot in chief, attacked the messenger.

Let's acknowledge the past, learn from it, and move forward by making necessary changes so we don't do this every freaking year.

now your just plain lying.  These protests are not about anything to do with slavery and the riots are nothing to do with protesting.   
And I still won't sit back while a few want to call everyone else racists who doesn't support their ideals.  And I don't think this country is racist and I can prove it.  Just ask the young guy named Barrack.  
Germany had Nazism much more recent than the US had slavery.  Does that mean Germans are a Nazi nation?  There are still some nazi's there so I guess they must be right?   So the US shouldn't deal with Germany period.  They should be boycotted.  
That seems to be your argument here. 

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

now your just plain lying.  These protests are not about anything to do with slavery and the riots are nothing to do with protesting.   
And I still won't sit back while a few want to call everyone else racists who doesn't support their ideals.  And I don't think this country is racist and I can prove it.  Just ask the young guy named Barrack.  
Germany had Nazism much more recent than the US had slavery.  Does that mean Germans are a Nazi nation?  There are still some nazi's there so I guess they must be right?   So the US shouldn't deal with Germany period.  They should be boycotted.  

It's actually just a small minority that is racist that are aided and abetted by folks with opinions like yours. 

7 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Please hone your reading skills. I didn't highlight slavery, I said these protest are all about acknowledging that real systemic problems exist. Do you disagree that real problems exist? 

But yes, many of our problems with inequality and racism can be traced all the back to slavery. How do believe the majority of our black countrymen came to be Americans? Willful immigration?

Regarding "rioting": Some of it is anger/rage from folks disregarding/discounting the message that problems exist in the first place. Some are fueled by provocateurs. And some are being caused by downright hoodlums. 

16 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

It's actually just a small minority that is racist that are aided and abetted by folks with opinions like yours. 

well since I'm not around people who are racists and I wouldn't be around people if they were. Nor would I be aiding them.  
WHen I was a college freshmen, at Wyoming in the 80's,  I had a roommate from N.Carolina.  He was a cowboy type but he was a racist and that really was the first time I was around that, but I learned in the 3 months he was my roommate what a racist was. 
In Wyoming, racism is really not a thing at all that I've seen.  Many might not believe that but I think its due to there's just not many people period and certainly not many blacks.  

Just now, pokerider said:

well since I'm not around people who are racists and I wouldn't be around people if they were. Nor would I be aiding them.  
WHen I was a college freshmen, at Wyoming in the 80's,  I had a roommate from N.Carolina.  He was a cowboy type but he was a racist and that really was the first time I was around that, but I learned in the 3 months he was my roommate what a racist was. 
In Wyoming, racism is really not a thing at all that I've seen.  Many might not believe that but I think its due to there's just not many people period and certainly not many blacks.  

You don't know what folks around you are thinking, and you definitely don't know what they do when you're not around.

And yeah, you sort of need diversity to have racism...otherwise most people are the same race, no?

@pokerider don't get me wrong. I honestly don't think people with your worldview are racists...but I do think your life experience has led you to doubt the stories about other's experiences...likely because you can't relate and haven't seen it....but that doesn't mean it not true my man. 

6 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

That would make no political sense. Although SC remains as right wing as it's been since being the first state to secede and the first to fire on Union troops, NC is now purple and with all the IT work and corporate HQs being moved to Charlotte, will be blue a decade from now.

Since when do politics make sense? This was all tongue in check anyway. Amicable divorce.....really.