Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

NBA teams protest

3 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

You seem to think the NBA is important. It isn't. The vast majority of Americans don't watch it, don't follow it and don't give a shit if they play or if they don't.  There's a small percentage that do which will become even smaller by these actions.

What's their end game? Perfect "social justice"?  What's the next trigger that sends these pampered, over grown over paid, under-educated babies into a kicking screaming hissy fit?

This is protest on the cheap. The NBA is coddling their children.  Next season, when folks that pay 10's of thousands of dollars for season tickets start showing up at the arena only to find out the game is cancelled because someone, somewhere had something bad happen to them and LeBron is pissed about it, things will change. Rapidly

This form of protest/temper tantrum can only occur in a bubble. Real fans, with real money expecting to receive a real product will not stand for being ripped off.

This will not end well for the league and will in the grand scheme of things accomplish exactly ZERO.  This isn't like a strike. This is a clock that cannot be unwound.

Virtue signalling Uber alles....I guess....until paychecks stop showing up

Well the Bucks were on the phone with the Wisconsin Lt. Governor and AG within like an hour of their decision. So, it got people’s attention that can do something about this. Will it lead to material change? I don’t know. But I’d say change is more likely today then it was 2 days ago. 

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

Well the Bucks were on the phone with the Wisconsin Lt. Governor and AG within like an hour of their decision. So, it got people’s attention that can do something about this. Will it lead to material change? I don’t know. But I’d say change is more likely today then it was 2 days ago. 

It got the attention of the other pile of attention whores, the politicians,who never let a chance to grandstand go to waste.  These are the politicians that run the states and the cities where all of these so called injustices occur.  They have been abject failures by their own definition.  What's a little bowing and scraping to them as long as it takes the attention off of them and puts it on to the metaphysical "they"  where the "real" blame lies.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

14 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

It's possible the cop walks.  He just has to show he had a reasonable fear that Jacob was getting into his car to retrieve a weapon.  Supposedly, a yell to "put down the knife" was heard but we still haven't heard if a knife was ever found.

Jacob also has a history of violence and a pending rape charge.  He could have been known to the cops as a violent offender. 

I'm taking a 'wait and see' approach on this one. 

Your loss.  All the good shit at Target will be gone before you get there

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I've watched about a half dozen NBA games since the 1980's.  I personally wouldn't even know if the NBA went out of existence. 

But it was easy for them to boycott, no fans in the stands so didn't have to deal with that part of it.  It puts a crunch on the TV networks.  

As far as those who support this sort of thing and the oh we won't sign with Bucks, etc.   DON'T,  and don't get paid.

27 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Regular season is over, they already got paid.

Well then. Their timing is perfect.  Why play is you're not getting paid, you're stuck in a bubble and nobody is watching anyway. RAISE YOUR FISTS MIGHTY SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS!

(we off to Jamaica bitches)

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

Well then. Their timing is perfect.  Why play is you're not getting paid, you're stuck in a bubble and nobody is watching anyway. RAISE YOUR FISTS MIGHTY SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS!

(we off to Jamaica bitches)

Well this is a stupid post. 

14 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

You can be as intellectual as you think you are aslowhiteguy. it’s still an f’ing message board. And for the record, what better cause to support? Our cops should be held to a higher standard. Maybe our cities wouldn’t burn, and  17-year-old kids who gloriously f-up wouldn’t have grown men defending their every stupid move to support their own political narrative.

It's a great cause to support.  But if you jump on the 'bad cop bandwagon' before you even know what actually happened, you lose credibility every single time you do it. 

The agenda driven types don't really seem to give a shit about the facts.  They make up their minds after the first report and when the facts come to light, they don't back off.  It's hard to respect people like that, no matter how numerous or well known they may be. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Anyone here think that if Blake had gotten ahold of the knife, turned and stabbed the cop to death, the NBA would postpone games? More likely they would throw a party and say chalk one up for the brothas. 

What if Aliens landed and resurrected the dinosaurs, but then zombies attacked them? Would the NBA postpone games then? 

Man, you guys are super tough. I can't wait for you to all bad mouth china on national tv right before you travel there...I mean you guys would still run your mouths before your place of employment sent you there, right?

Just now, renoskier said:

Don't get you panties in a bunch, just a show of support. They'll be back tomorrow or the next day.

so what if the NFL  decides to do this ?  Will that be fine too?  How would that work out.  Would it be okay then for them to not play if a white guy got shot by police?  What if some black guy shot a black toddler in a drive by?  Or do we just want to keep this political?  
There's a black person shot by police more than every other day, literally (look at the numbers, avg. about 220 a year) so lets just shut it all down then. 

4 minutes ago, pokerider said:

so what if the NFL  decides to do this ?  Will that be fine too?  How would that work out.  Would it be okay then for them to not play if a white guy got shot by police?  What if some black guy shot a black toddler in a drive by?  Or do we just want to keep this political?  
There's a black person shot by police more than every other day, literally (look at the numbers, avg. about 220 a year) so lets just shut it all down then. 

Yeah, that would be fine with me too. If there's a cause which the players deem worthy, hell yes, that's their right. You know...Murica!

Get a grip, it's sports/entertainment. The sun will still rise in the east tomorrow morning.