Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

17 year old who killed two protesters.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-suspect-arrested-illinois/

I think it deserves it's own thread.  Looks like he was part of a blue lives matter anti protester group.

What in God's name do you think you are doing going down to "defend" property that is not yours?

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-suspect-arrested-illinois/

I think it deserves it's own thread.  Looks like he was part of a blue lives matter anti protester group.

What in God's name do you think you are doing going down to "defend" property that is not yours?

Vigilante justice on both sides has hit the streets. Is that surprising in the current volatile situation? If the mayor or governor doesn’t get things under control it’s going to get worse. 

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Vigilante justice on both sides has hit the streets. Is that surprising in the current volatile situation? If the mayor or governor doesn’t get things under control it’s going to get worse. 

both sides?  which BLM supporters have literally murdered others?

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This checks out with some of the things we have been seeing in Portland and that I have been trying to relay here. These things are far more complicated than just leftists causing trouble. The anti-protestors have been pretty violent. It's not good. 

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

This checks out with some of the things we have been seeing in Portland and that I have been trying to relay here. These things are far more complicated than just leftists causing trouble. The anti-protestors have been pretty violent. It's not good. 

I just can not imagine what this guy was thinking, what is influences are.  What could possibly convince somebody this was a good idea.  If it got to the point you felt you may need to use your gun to defend your life, you should have left a long damn time ago.

6 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

both sides?  which BLM supporters have literally murdered others?

A few instances seem likely. This one for example.   https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2020/07/23/jessica-doty-whitaker-what-we-know-shooting-along-canal/5486333002/

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

objectively more violent really. peppering people with bird shot, bringing batons along with their shields, pointing ARs at people. 

I mean it's what they were doing before covid too in portland. now they're running up against a cadre who roughed it up with the police for 3 months and they aren't the toughest boys on the block any more. What a mess. the last thing we needed was train a cadre of battle hardened partisans regardless of politics. just... god damn it. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I just can not imagine what this guy was thinking, what is influences are.  What could possibly convince somebody this was a good idea.  If it got to the point you felt you may need to use your gun to defend your life, you should have left a long damn time ago.

I don't know man. All I can say is a relatively small subset of people just aren't acting rationally. 

His desire to live out his fantasy resulted in two deaths and another man nearly losing his arm. 

Maybe we shouldn't be allowing 17 year olds to have these types of weapons on their own, let alone open carrying them on the streets during nationwide civil unrest. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

His desire to live out his fantasy resulted in two deaths and another man nearly losing his arm. 

Maybe we shouldn't be allowing 17 year olds to have these types of weapons on their own, let alone open carrying them on the streets during nationwide civil unrest. 

Federal law prohibits 17 year olds from purchasing long guns.

Just now, happycamper said:

objectively more violent really. peppering people with bird shot, bringing batons along with their shields, pointing ARs at people. 

I mean it's what they were doing before covid too in portland. now they're running up against a cadre who roughed it up with the police for 3 months and they aren't the toughest boys on the block any more. What a mess. the last thing we needed was train a cadre of battle hardened partisans regardless of politics. just... god damn it. 

Yeah. It's just really ugly. And I think it is going to keep getting worse before it gets any better.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I really, really hope that Trump does not come out and praise this kid.  I bet he will, though.

Almost guaranteed. Hell, he may get a speaking spot tonight at the RNC.

1) Why is a 17 year old out in an area of mayhem & strife toting a rifle around like he's some sort of authority figure

2) If this kid had no direct or family involvement in any properties in that area he shouldn't be there

3) Police have it difficult because between the protesters there are also the outside agitators and hangers on that arrive with all kinds of nefarious ideas & that leads to the property destruction which does nothing to advance the initial cause and allows agitators to escalate

4) Protest organizers could do a much better job in organizing these protests so that they aren't as susceptible to infiltrators & agitators - Like maybe  doing SIT IN type protests where they aren't on the move allowing incidents to occur as they move, again this might quell the violence & property destruction that is being caused

5) Who the heck can tell who's who in these protests when you have police, swat, maybe National Guard in uniform, then there's the wannabe 2A gun fans who also show up in camo blurring the lines between actual police & some wannabe

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Cop cosplay it seems.

kylemother_censored.jpg?resize=525,531

kylecadet.png?resize=429,531

kylecops.png?resize=403,531

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok