Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70% of Birds are saved by black paint on turbines.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Coal is black. Why don't we just use coal?!??!

It is an established fact that birds are seldom killed by coal.

Going out and painting the nearest turbine would probably end up with me getting fined and/or a jail sentence. So I'll send a well worded email instead. :BananaComputer:

5 minutes ago, crixus said:

Going out and painting the nearest turbine would probably end up with me getting fined and/or jail sentence. So I'll send a well worded email instead. :BananaComputer:

I am told that most birds do not have access to the internet. Or were you going to send the email to someone else?

24 minutes ago, 1066 said:

I am told that most birds do not have access to the internet. Or were you going to send the email to someone else?

They do however have access to a near-limitless supply of paint [places 100 buckets of black paint near park bench]. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

58 minutes ago, 1066 said:

To the companies who own the wind turbines. 

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I think you missed an opportunity by not naming the thread Paint it Black.

I thought of "Black Turbines Matter" but I knew the left would be offended and the right would gloat. 

On 8/25/2020 at 9:16 PM, 1066 said:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/08/black-paint-on-wind-turbines-helps-prevent-bird-massacres/

Bird deaths down 70% from wind turbines as blades are painted black.  Help save birds and go out and paint your nearest turbine..

Now if we could just eradicate the domestic feline the birds would really thrive! :ph34r:

On 8/25/2020 at 11:16 PM, 1066 said:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/08/black-paint-on-wind-turbines-helps-prevent-bird-massacres/

Bird deaths down 70% from wind turbines as blades are painted black.  Help save birds and go out and paint your nearest turbine..

LOL, I’ll bet that really helps when it’s dark or not much light. 😂👍

kat.jpg

18 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

LOL, I’ll bet that really helps when it’s dark or not much light. 😂👍

Birds generally do not fly when it is dark or not much light. However it may be a problem for bats If they did  not use a form of bat radar. Perhaps I am overthinking this problem.