Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Black man shot in the back by police in Wisconsin

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

Still waiting for the answer.  It was really important to @youngredbullfan and @happycamper that @soupslam1 answer a similar question.

Yes, I agree. But it still doesn't warrant a summary and unilateral execution by the state.

Police officers should almost always be able to deescalate or else subdue the suspect without shooting them.  It's their job to deal with resisting people without killing them.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

22 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Yes, I agree. But it still doesn't warrant a summary and unilateral execution by the state.

Police officers should almost always be able to deescalate or else subdue the suspect without shooting them.  It's their job to deal with resisting people without killing them.

This just needs repeating:

It's their job to deal with resisting people without killing them.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, youngredbullfan said:

We need more people like you and renoskier to be police officers. 

On 8/28/2020 at 9:34 AM, SalinasSpartan said:

Well if they answer after you ask them 6 times they would still be answering quicker then your buddy. 

This was my answer. You just didn’t like it.

“Join the police force and then tell me how cut and dried some of these arrests are. Lots of cops are shot and killed when they hesitated in a dangerous situation.” 

13 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Oh wait...

“Equal protection under the law” 🙄

That one was a Sacramento County deputy.

The Sacramento County Sheriff's Office put out a statement yesterday about that incident which happened back in March:

The Sacramento County Sheriff's spokesperson told ABC10 Friday that "The Sheriff’s Office conducted an administrative investigation, the allegations were sustained against the deputy, and appropriate action has been taken."   

The specific discipline was not released because the case doesn't fall under SB 1421, according to the spokesperson.  SB 1421 covers police conduct where there is a serious injury.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/sacramento/sacramento-county-sheriffs-office-launches-excessive-force-investigation/103-80227c9d-0447-4233-bfdc-ddd2255a5a6f

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

We need more people like you and renoskier to be police officers. 

Dude, can we just agree that police work is incredibly difficult and dangerous and risky however also agree that those facts don't give them total authority to murder or beat the shit out of people because they got frustrated or nervous?  

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

This was my answer. You just didn’t like it.

“Join the police force and then tell me how cut and dried some of these arrests are. Lots of cops are shot and killed when they hesitated in a dangerous situation.” 

It was a yes or no question, this is not an answer to a yes or no question. Acceptable answers are:

- Yes

- No

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

Dude, can we just agree that police work is incredibly difficult and dangerous and risky however also agree that those facts don't give them total authority to murder or beat the shit out of people because they got frustrated or nervous?  

There you go, one of the few sane mostly all encompassing comments Ive seen on this thread. 

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

It was a yes or no question, this is not an answer to a yes or no question. Acceptable answers are:

- Yes

- No

You mean black and white, no shades of gray. That pretty much fits your way of looking at things. See Toonkee’s statement above. You might learn something from it. 

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You mean black and white, no shades of gray. That pretty much fits your way of looking at things. See Toonkee’s statement above. You might learn something from it. 

Man you were too chicken to answer the question, it is what it is. Sack up and answer or just move along.

5 hours ago, toonkee said:

Well, it’s not in the top 10 of most dangerous jobs 

People who want to change police departments for the better are ostracized, fired, and sometimes worse. The thin blue line shit and police unions make it impossible to change from within. Repeal and replace is a must, we need a full culture overhaul in many departments

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

I know the thread about the Wisconsin shooter is closed, but a video has surfaced of him punching a young girl from behind from a few months ago.   I am too technologically stunted to post it.    

P.S.   It was not in self defense

2 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

Well, it’s not in the top 10 of most dangerous jobs 

People who want to change police departments for the better are ostracized, fired, and sometimes worse. The thin blue line shit and police unions make it impossible to change from within. Repeal and replace is a must, we need a full culture overhaul in many departments

That all may be true. 

3 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Man you were too chicken to answer the question, it is what it is. Sack up and answer or just move along.

The problem is we have too much grey area around when it is appropriate to shoot people in the back.  We need to have a national discussion about when it is appropriate to shoot a person in the back.  It won't be never and it won't be always.   But today cops are too often judge, jury and executioner when much of the country feels it isn't warranted.  We need clearer lines for both the people and for the cops.