Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Anybody else legally growing cannabis?

13 hours ago, 406bleedsblue said:

Shit, didn't know if I should give you a cheers or a sad emoji. Hopefully, after curing, your buds will become what you wanted. 

Thanks man - it's all good.

Quality-wise, I think I'm as much a victim of my own inflated expectations vis-a-vis my earlier sampling of Four - which was as good if not better than any dispensary purchase I've made - as anything else.

I wholly expect both Two and Four to get considerably smoother as they continue to cure, as evidenced by my sampling of Two (Blue Dream) an hour or so ago. It wasn't noticeably better than budget-grade dispensary flower per say, but was every bit as good, and this was with just one day in the jars.  

I feel like a master distiller, obligated to sample his work to track its progress... 

With regards to quantity, i'm still above my original estimate on Two, but well below my late-revised estimate (of 2-3x my original estimate). And I'm under my original estimate on Four.

The process was spot-on though. It took a full seven days at 70/50 to get the moisture content down to 15%, and it's been easy to keep all four jars at 59% since they were bottled up yesterday. I have them in an antique, turn of the century humidor lined in porcelain, that is keeping all four jars at 59% RH.

Fortunately, Three looks like a huge win in both quantity and quality, so when I chop it (and the rest of Four) in a couple days I should end on a high note. :)

IMG-2146.jpg

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Arizona  and Jersey residents will be growing and smoking come Jan 1 !

And add South Dakota for Medical.

Welcome to the Cannabis States of America !

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Arizona  and Jersey residents will be growing and smoking come Jan 1 !

And add South Dakota for Medical.

Welcome to the Cannabis States of America !

Add Montana to the list for recreational as well. Even though the measures past, I'd be surprised if it actually becomes legal.

So after a couple weeks in jars, I am happy to report that all three strains came out aces.

The Blue Dream (Two), which was initially harsh after a week of drying, has become remarkably smoother with a couple weeks of curing. It smokes just as I hoped it would based on how it smelled on the plant; the blueberry bubblegum terpenes clearly present on both the nose and the palette.

The SFV OG (Three) is phenomenal. It's had a week less in the jars than Two and (most of) Four. As with the Blue Dream, the terpenes - which smell, and to a slightly lessor degree, taste like passion fruit - present clearly and make it a pleasure to smoke. And it will only continue to improve with more time laying down in jars. One of the best aspects of Three is the density of the nugs - they're like little green balls you can bounce off walls. 

The White Widow (Four) began dankAF, and remains so. The delta I had previously noted between the initial sampling and subsequent samplings has similarly disappeared with a couple weeks in jars. Even the sugar leaves smoke incredibly smooth now; I bought a can of RAW cones just for these.

With regards to yield, I pretty much performed as per original expected values. My original target was 6 oz. (dry) total yield, and I'm currently sitting on approx. 5 oz with about another (estimated) 1-1.5 oz still growing on what's left on Two and Three. The caveat here is one of my four plants didn't produce at all (Doonese), yielding about a whopping 1/8th of flower. So with 25% of my grow going tits-up, I am pleased to get my original target yield from the remaining three plants.

And as a function of canopy space, my 6 oz. from a 2.25 sq. ft. canopy translates to about 26 oz. per m^2, which is well within expected values for the strains.

Six jars in an antique humidor - from L-to-R: Four, Three, Two:

IMG-2242.jpg

A nice-size bud off Three:

IMG-2246.jpg

Next up, I have clones of Three and Four in the veg stage.

Three's clone is in a DWC tote, and I'm training it with a SCROG net in a grow tent. Now that the first grow has been stabilized in jars, I will be initiating the flowering cycle within the week.

Four's clone is in soil and I've been using it as a mother plant - I have a dozen cuttings I'm rooting right now, with the goal of transplanting six into 1-gallon fabric pots. 

4 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

With regards to yield, I pretty much performed as per original expected values. My original target was 6 oz. (dry) total yield, and I'm currently sitting on approx. 5 oz with about another (estimated) 1-1.5 oz still growing on what's left on Two and Three. The caveat here is one of my four plants didn't produce at all (Doonese), yielding about a whopping 1/8th of flower. So with 25% of my grow going tits-up, I am pleased to get my original target yield from the remaining three plants.

Holy shit 5+ oz!? Your friends are going to love you. 

I only use maybe 3/4 of an oz/year.

7 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Holy shit 5+ oz!? Your friends are going to love you. 

I only use maybe 3/4 of an oz/year.

Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to start smoking more weed now. 

ed0elmkzfjx5aqmcbx1d.gif

:D

I had a friend over Friday night to sample a little. He only smokes sativas, so he opted for the Blue Dream and was stoked on it. I have another friend coming over on Tuesday to sample some as well. Due to the 'rona, I bought a six-pack of glass pipes so friends can have their own pipe to use when they're here.

We haven't tried ours since it has started curing. We will be getting a scale tomorrow, I expect between two and three pounds. Everyone around here that smokes has been hitting us up and come January 1st., we'll legally be able to give them some.:rock:

Here is a pic of that big bud, shrunk more during curing than I thought it would.

20201115_190038.jpg

Thought this would be a good spot to post a health caution on regards to our lifestyle.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, just looking out for my fellow MWCBoard bretheren.

Marijuana can be harmful for heart patients, but improves some risk factors, studies show

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/marijuana-can-be-harmful-heart-patients-improves-some-risk-factors-n1246850

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, 406bleedsblue said:

We haven't tried ours since it has started curing. We will be getting a scale tomorrow, I expect between two and three pounds. Everyone around here that smokes has been hitting us up and come January 1st., we'll legally be able to give them some.:rock:

Here is a pic of that big bud, shrunk more during curing than I thought it would.

20201115_190038.jpg

I was amazed how much loss there was in the drying period. That bud above was one of the top colas from Three. Awesome yield, btw. That's ridiculous. 

Legally, No!

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 11/15/2020 at 11:44 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

My original target was 6 oz. (dry) total yield, and I'm currently sitting on approx. 5 oz with about another (estimated) 1-1.5 oz still growing on what's left on Two and Three.

Doing the math from NBC on this recently pardoned dude, that’s $250,000 worth LMAO. I think they may be off by a factor or three. 

954313C5-A3D6-4B27-A3AB-B6D9A8A39904.jpeg

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Doing the math from NBC on this recently pardoned dude, that’s $250,000 worth LMAO. I think they may be off by a factor or three. 

954313C5-A3D6-4B27-A3AB-B6D9A8A39904.jpeg

Where the hell do they come up with this shit? $1.76 billion :facepalm:

Maybe for 2200 tons.

29 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Where the hell do they come up with this shit? $1.76 billion :facepalm:

Maybe for 2200 tons.

You don't pay 1,600 a gram???

On 11/15/2020 at 7:51 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

I was amazed how much loss there was in the drying period. That bud above was one of the top colas from Three. Awesome yield, btw. That's ridiculous. 

Do you plan on growing the same way this year as you did last year? Now that we can have up to 8 plants (gonna have to expand the greenhouse), we plan on topping a few to see how that works out.

2 hours ago, 406bleedsblue said:

Do you plan on growing the same way this year as you did last year? Now that we can have up to 8 plants (gonna have to expand the greenhouse), we plan on topping a few to see how that works out.

Hey 406! :cheers:

I'm on my 2nd-generation clones of the White Widow. These are being brought to flower in small 1-gallon pots so I can experiment with different feeding and pruning techniques (I plan on trying @Joe from WY's nute recipe) to see what produces the best results. I only have four of them, but again, my needs are miniscule.

My 1st-gen clones were hit-and-miss. I swapped mediums for the three of the four strains I decided to continue with, only to find both the Blue Dream and the passion fruit-tasting SFV OG hated hydro (I'm desperately trying to root a couple cuttings of the SFV to continue propagating the strain). However, the 1st-gen clone of the White Widow did extremely well in soil, and gave me another 2.5+oz dried and jarred.

My plan of this year is twofold: to continue propagating (hopefully) both the WW and SFV strains - to keep a mother plant alive and another flower - and to germinate my two GSC seeds. One will get transplanted into the Aerogarden and get SCROG'd, and the other will go in soil.

How about you?

4 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Hey 406! :cheers:

I'm on my 2nd-generation clones of the White Widow. These are being brought to flower in small 1-gallon pots so I can experiment with different feeding and pruning techniques (I plan on trying @Joe from WY's nute recipe) to see what produces the best results. I only have four of them, but again, my needs are miniscule.

My 1st-gen clones were hit-and-miss. I swapped mediums for the three of the four strains I decided to continue with, only to find both the Blue Dream and the passion fruit-tasting SFV OG hated hydro (I'm desperately trying to root a couple cuttings of the SFV to continue propagating the strain). However, the 1st-gen clone of the White Widow did extremely well in soil, and gave me another 2.5+oz dried and jarred.

My plan of this year is twofold: to continue propagating (hopefully) both the WW and SFV strains - to keep a mother plant alive and another flower - and to germinate my two GSC seeds. One will get transplanted into the Aerogarden and get SCROG'd, and the other will go in soil.

How about you?

We're going to do it pretty much the same way this year. We do want to pay more attention to the strains we use, last year we just threw the seed in the pots and didn't pay much attention to what they were. We will try to top a few of them to see if we can bring the potency up a bit,  although everyone seemed happy with what we grew.

A buddy of mine use to own the Lemon Tree brand until the feds came in and cut them all down. Luckily, he gave my 70yr. old aunt some seeds beforehand so we will be getting some of those clones to try.