Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

RNC Convention

11 minutes ago, toonkee said:

You realize the economy is in the shitter, right, and doing worse than many other countries right now? Why would you want him to bring that up?

It's a cult.

2 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Oh don't worry, the Covid thing is going to magically disappear here after Nov 3 when it won't be politically advantageous for Dems and the Media anymore. 

The Economy currently is rebounding quite well.  Here where I live their opening a brand new Fleet Farm store, which is a huge hardware and home goods store.  Restaurants are mostly all open, Mall is open.  Tourists are everywhere as well. 

Now in NYC and places like Seattle, Portland etc. - things are a little dicey.  If your in California then you are probably being kept inside.  Hope your enjoying yourself.  

oh, and not to mention the stock market, which is not the economy but it is a fairly good economic indicator.  

The economy is pretty bad, dude. Unemployment at 10.2, over 30 million people getting some kind of unemployment assistance. Other countries are doing better right now.  It's a fact. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Man, If i had not context to what a piece of crap he has been for 4 years, I may have been fooled into thinking he was great.

This guy knows how to put on a huge show.

It will be interesting to see the polls next week.

10 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Oh don't worry, the Covid thing is going to magically disappear here after Nov 3 when it won't be politically advantageous for Dems and the Media anymore. 

Yep, you're right, it's all just a hoax designed to hurt your god emperor.

+++++ off, shitstain. 

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

This guy knows how to put on a huge show.

It will be interesting to see the polls next week.

The disturbing things he mentioned are likely way over the head of most voters.  Praising Jackson,, manifest destiny like talking points.  What he did nail on the head is that a large part of the country thinks America is an evil that needs to be punished, by any means necessary.  That point was hit hard and most Americans do not believe America is some super evil.  

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep, you're right, it's all just a hoax designed to hurt your god emperor.

+++++ off, shitstain. 

4t6.gif

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The disturbing things he mentioned are likely way over the head of most voters.  Praising Jackson,, manifest destiny like talking points.  What he did nail on the head is that a large part of the country thinks America is an evil that needs to be punished, by any means necessary.  That point was hit hard and most Americans do not believe America is some super evil.  

Most democrats dont  believe america is evil either. That's why they nominated Biden. Does a larger portion of the democrat electorate think america is evil than the portion of the gop electorate a nationalist, nativist authoritarian? That's a legit question. The nomination process of the last 2 elections suggest the latter is the case. But that is just what it seems. I could be wrong because I fear the right more than the left right now, which is a 180 from a half decade ago.

You are right, however. The most disturbing stuff was more subtle as you suggest. Lies are lies. Dude tells them all the time. But appealing to some of America's most destructive myths? Hes contributing to things he doesn't even understand. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I agree that many voters will vote based on personality and emotion...

People need to get over Andrew Jackson.  He was born in the 1700s.... But that's a different conversation for a different time.

But I agree.. he expressed American pride.  

We'll see if it works.  From a pure production value standpoint, the Republicans put on a better show.  Democrats production looked more amateur.

Tonight's theater eeminds me of the Democrats when Obama was running.

These conventions didn't move the needle either way.   I don't believe there are many crossover voters.   The only thing that determines this election is turnout and voter suppression.   If turnout is high Biden wins.   

Posted Image

15 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The economy is pretty bad, dude. Unemployment at 10.2, over 30 million people getting some kind of unemployment assistance. Other countries are doing better right now.  It's a fact. 

Its also a fact that governors of some of the largest states have crippled their economies and they are already starting to regret it.  

US Economy is bouncing back much better than I thought it would.   There was a shutdown ,  many states have reopened, and things are moving forward.  

We all know why the economy is having problems and its almost entirely Covid.  A lot of that has been alleviated but its going to take awhile to get fully back on track.  If Dems want to try and use the economy as a Trump negative, I think they'll be SOL. 
Dems dont have squat to offer in regards to jobs or the economy.  But hey, I didn't think that mattered anymore? 

Guest #1Stunner

I can understand why the Democrats are very nervous about the prospect of Biden debating Trump.  

Pelosi today was telling Biden it would be a big mistake. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, pokerider said:

Its also a fact that governors of some of the largest states have crippled their economies and they are already starting to regret it.  

US Economy is bouncing back much better than I thought it would.   There was a shutdown ,  many states have reopened, and things are moving forward.  

We all know why the economy is having problems and its almost entirely Covid.  A lot of that has been alleviated but its going to take awhile to get fully back on track.  If Dems want to try and use the economy as a Trump negative, I think they'll be SOL. 
Dems dont have squat to offer in regards to jobs or the economy.  But hey, I didn't think that mattered anymore? 

How is Wyoming doing with the virus.

Really wish Wyoming would have tried to play college football this year...

I can understand that the California schools were not allowed to by the Governor

3 minutes ago, Akkula said:

These conventions didn't move the needle either way.   I don't believe there are many crossover voters.   The only thing that determines this election is turnout and voter suppression.   If turnout is high Biden wins.   

I can't fathom how they're are still undecideds. Just does not compute.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I can't fathom how they're are still undecideds. Just does not compute.

The problem is the Democrats, once again, selected an incredibly weak candidate.  They messed up...  Picked a guy with a 45 year political record (Obama had no record)

Democrats should be running away with this, but Biden is allowing Trump to make it a race.