Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDSUfan

MWC Basketball- All Decade Team

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

28 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not surprising.  The newbie WAC schools and SDSU are the only teams in this conference who ever do anything.

CSU has NCAA and NIT Tourney wins as part of 2 NCAA and 3 NIT appearances in the decade.  How’s about Boise?

By the way, choosing Skylar Spencer as a 3rd teamer is a complete joke.  Advanced stats and win shares are BS to justify his selection. The guy scored double figures all of twice in 70 MWC games.  One year of Colton Iverson in 2013 and 4 years of Nico Carvacho from 2017-20 easily surpass any of Spencer’s accomplishments.

31 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

CSU has NCAA and NIT Tourney wins as part of 2 NCAA and 3 NIT appearances in the decade.  How’s about Boise?

By the way, choosing Skylar Spencer as a 3rd teamer is a complete joke.  Advanced stats and win shares are BS to justify his selection. The guy scored double figures all of twice in 70 MWC games.  One year of Colton Iverson in 2013 and 4 years of Nico Carvacho from 2017-20 easily surpass any of Spencer’s accomplishments.

Hard to argue this.   Caravacho over Sky.  Both great players with flaws in their game but Nico was a far more potent offensive player

Also, the other Martin twin could have been left off in favor of Caroline

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I guess you could say it’s Kawhi Leonard and a bunch of scrubs.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

5 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Old news.  Boise's basketball program has accomplished basically nothing in the post season.   We get screwed with Dance invites like playing Dayton at Dayton.   And until the Broncos do anything in the Dance besides getting an invite, I'll never crow hard about program.  Players, sure.   But the program is severely underfunded, even in the MWC.  How we have Rice is astounding.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:55 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

Spencer's finest hour was his 13 points and 9 rebounds in the 61-57 win at Kansas. I believe he still has the MWC record for blocked shots. CSU really didn't accomplish much while Carvacho was there.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Murray makes a pretty good argument for having Caroline on the list:

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/did-mountain-west-fans-already-forget-how-good-jordan-caroline-was

-All time leader in MW double doubles, passed up Leonard and Bogut

-Averaged 16.6 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 2.0 assists in 3 seasons (all of which we made the NCAA tournament)

-MW rebound leader during the 2010s

-8th in the conference in scoring during the 2010s

-All time MW leader in FT attempts

Not sure how you can leave him out, he's easily my favorite Nevada player of all time. I wish he could find a way to stick in the NBA, his hustle and energy is unmatched by any player I've ever seen. How a guy like Skylar Spencer makes it in over him, IDK?

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

putting both Martin brothers on there and not Caroline is a mistake

I agree, particularly considering that Caroline played for 3 instead of 2. Though in my biased opinion all 3 probably deserve a spot.

16 hours ago, bigd said:

Murray makes a pretty good argument for having Caroline on the list:

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/did-mountain-west-fans-already-forget-how-good-jordan-caroline-was

-All time leader in MW double doubles, passed up Leonard and Bogut

-Averaged 16.6 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 2.0 assists in 3 seasons (all of which we made the NCAA tournament)

-MW rebound leader during the 2010s

-8th in the conference in scoring during the 2010s

-All time MW leader in FT attempts

Not sure how you can leave him out, he's easily my favorite Nevada player of all time. I wish he could find a way to stick in the NBA, his hustle and energy is unmatched by any player I've ever seen. How a guy like Skylar Spencer makes it in over him, IDK?

No doubt about Caroline being deserving.  Same is true for Marvelle Harris of Fresno State.  And off the top of my head, I can name a player from every school in the conference more deserving than a Skylar Spencer who never once was good enough to make an All-MWC 3rd team in his four years at San Diego State.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, SDSUfan said:

Those schools are rarely if ever good at b-ball.

B)

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

No doubt about Caroline being deserving.  Same is true for Marvelle Harris of Fresno State.  And off the top of my head, I can name a player from every school in the conference more deserving than a Skylar Spencer who never once was good enough to make an All-MWC 3rd team in his four years at San Diego State.

Playing for a winner elevates perception.

But hey, 2x defensive poy, all time leader in blocks, and 7th in O-boards.

You're right, he has no business being there.

:facepalm:

Americans Mayor

For all the complaints about who's here and who's not, we are talking about the MWwire.

You guys rip it all the time, then get bent out of shape because your guy wasn't listed. 

:shrug:

And, you're complaining about the 3rd team.

:rolleyes:

Americans Mayor

46 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Playing for a winner elevates perception.

But hey, 2x defensive poy, all time leader in blocks, and 7th in O-boards.

You're right, he has no business being there.

:facepalm:

I couldn't have said it any better.