Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AGapBlitz

CSU mishandles COVID and WYO says "hold my beer"

Sounds pretty bad but second hand parental accounts are rarely accurate.  I don’t think the University had really put into place proper planning for the circumstance and ended up with a fiasco for a day or two (which should not have happened because such a circumstance was foreseeable if not likely).  

Wyoming already reversed course and now almost all classes (other than law and a few others) are online until late September at the earliest citing that it didn’t have sufficient testing capabilities.  I’m hoping the Covid planning will greatly improve but it sounds like planning has not been great and I’m a bit doubtful Wyoming has any in person class this fall although i hope it does.  

Nothing more Wyoming than moving someone in the back of a pickup truck :P

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Guest #1Stunner
14 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Nothing more Wyoming than moving someone in the back of a pickup truck :P

JINX!

(sorry, didn't see your post above...had the same thought!)

“(They) left him in an apartment by himself with no food, no bedding, no TV, no air-conditioning."

The rest sounds bad but someone might want to tell her about the climate in Laramie...

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Transporting a sick person in the open bed of a pickup truck is the most Wyoming thing of all time.

:D

It’s where you were conceived by an ornory old cowpoke!  Must be why you have all that hate built up inside of you!  He ran off afterwards!  

This is just another in a long line of U of W's failure to respect human rights.  This might be the end of Wyoming football.  The guy got sick, so they treated him like a leper and basically threw him in the equivalent of a jail cell.  Even Mike Leach is horrified.

The funding is gone, the abuses are coming to light, I question if the pokes can survive this unless they can somehow head off a federal investigation.

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

It’s where you were conceived by an ornory old cowpoke!  Must be why you have all that hate built up inside of you!  He ran off afterwards!  

OK, this is hilarious!!  :lol:

Well played, Sir!

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

This is just another in a long line of U of W's failure to respect human rights.  This might be the end of Wyoming football.  The guy got sick, so they treated him like a leper and basically threw him in the equivalent of a jail cell.  Even Mike Leach is horrified.

The funding is gone, the abuses are coming to light, I question if the pokes can survive this unless they can somehow head off a federal investigation.

@slappy,

He's right, you know.  This is outrageous.

10 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

@slappy,

He's right, you know.  This is outrageous.

Never easy to try and deal with this type a thing in real time.  Need to handle it better.  Not sure what headbutt has ever been right about.  Walks around with his ass up and head in the sand most days.  

14 hours ago, Headbutt said:

What? we gave him the best seat! Riding in the bed is the childhood dream of every Wyomingite

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

As did I.  Great memories.  Rode out on top of a pickup full of hay, rode back wrestling with my brothers trying to throw each other out of the pickup bed.

None of us had Covid and were being transported to a personal internment camp.  Damn Wyoming!  I hope the school is bringing in an outside investigation before the NCAA has to step in.

30 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

As did I.  Great memories.  Rode out on top of a pickup full of hay, rode back wrestling with my brothers trying to throw each other out of the pickup bed.

None of us had Covid and were being transported to a personal internment camp.  Damn Wyoming!  I hope the school is bringing in an outside investigation before the NCAA has to step in.

Not quite Stunner level trolling but you are trying!  Keep it up champ! 😉

Just now, Wyoguns said:

Not quite Stunner level trolling but you are trying!  Keep it up champ! 😉

Please leave Stunner out of this.  If he want's to comment, I'm sure he will.  In the meantime, you are deflecting.  A young athlete was treated like a pariah merely because dared to catch a virus.  How is this in keeping with a promise to his parents to take care of him while he put out blood, sweat, and tears for the University of Wyoming?  UofW is once again showing their true colors.  I don't see any way y'all survive any sort of outside investigation.

I'm a big Wyoming fan actually.  I'm hoping the conference office hasn't caught wind of this.

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Please leave Stunner out of this.  If he want's to comment, I'm sure he will.  In the meantime, you are deflecting.  A young athlete was treated like a pariah merely because dared to catch a virus.  How is this in keeping with a promise to his parents to take care of him while he put out blood, sweat, and tears for the University of Wyoming?  UofW is once again showing their true colors.  I don't see any way y'all survive any sort of outside investigation.

I'm a big Wyoming fan actually.  I'm hoping the conference office hasn't caught wind of this.

On this subject... Butthead=Happy

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Between this and the "culture" that targets their black athletes, time to shut down the athletic department.