Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BREAKING. State of Idaho Transgender Athlete Law blocked

We should ask born females competing against trans females how they feel about this. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

35 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Yay!  Biological men can compete against women in sports.  If that is not progress, then I don't know what is.

I wish I would've identified as female in HS. The state titles I could've accumulated.... 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

34 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I wish I would've identified as female in HS. The state titles I could've accumulated.... 

That came later? :D

This really is ridiculous. There was a transgender boy (identifying as a girl) here in Houston who won the state title in girls wrestling (twice I believe).....it's just ridiculous. 

Personally, I would create a special category for them to compete against each other. 

They are obviously not good enough to compete against men. But, because they are/were men, they have physical and athletic advantages over women.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

19 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

This really is ridiculous. There was a transgender boy (identifying as a girl) here in Houston who won the state title in girls wrestling (twice I believe).....it's just ridiculous. 

Touche, my good man. Well done with great delivery. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/18/idaho-law-barring-transgender-athletes-is-blocked-by-judge-relief-boise-state-runner/

This is a tough issue.  I get both sides of the argument.

I think legally this law being overturned is the right call because of it's discriminatory language.  More in the case of the CIS-gendered female Boise High athlete than the trans woman Boise State potential athlete. https://www.acluidaho.org/en/news/questions-and-answers-about-hecox-v-little

Idaho’s outright ban on trans women in school sports is unconstitutional. It violates the Equal Protection Clause in the Fourteenth Amendment because it excludes women and girls who are transgender from school athletics altogether. It also violates Equal Protection because it makes it harder for all women to participate in school sports, treating men more favorably and discriminating against women. It also violates women’s rights to privacy, including under the Fourth Amendment, because it can be used to force girls and women to suffer invasive testing to prove their gender. And it violates Title IX, the federal law that prohibits discrimination in education, because it excludes trans women from school sports and discriminates against all women, both cisgender and transgender.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It also violates women’s rights to privacy, including under the Fourth Amendment, because it can be used to force girls and women to suffer invasive testing to prove their gender.

That was one part of the law that I really found going too far. Any one wanting to compete in female athletics was at risk of having to be gender tested.

The law allowed for anonymous complaints that a girl might be a boy. The female could then be subjected to genital exams and gene/hormone testing.

If the anonymous report was wrong, there was no penalty for false or intentional misreporting.

That opens up any girl, especially in high school, to a form of bullying. She could be subjected to the exams and testing simply because someone else wanted to cause trouble or harass her.

2 hours ago, Slapdad said:

The self proclaimed party of "science" wants us all to ignore the science of the Y chromosome.

2 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

"This is a victory for all women and girls in Idaho"

By what logic? Sure, it's a victory for transgender people. But are they saying that it is better for girls to be able to compete against transgender athletes? If that's the case, why are boys excluded?

I was very confused by that as well.  This is not a victory for girls.  Even if there were no physiological advances, it still isn't a victory.  What have they won?

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Personally, I would create a special category for them to compete against each other. 

They are obviously not good enough to compete against men. But, because they are/were men, they have physical and athletic advantages over women.

Science says they are men.  We need eunuch sports leagues!

110926run_defense710.jpg