Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Independence saved BYU’s season

Guest #1Stunner
32 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Jesus call the AAC or something. At this point I'd just wait til spring if I was BYU.

There are 3 more games pending. 

Right now, just glad to have a season.  Given that the entire Western United States has canceled, the schedule is OK.

Would like for BYU to schedule 3 more Texas schools.  

5 hours ago, TrueAg said:

Kuddos to the Coogs for giving it a go but man, .....you have to be a real die-hard BYU fan to get excited about seeing this slate of games. This is like taking the normal WTF opponents found in the 2nd half of the BYU's schedule and extending it over an entire season. We've seen what their fan's reaction and support is like for the second half of their seasons recently, will they turn it around and now jump on board for an entire season of it? especially with no purpose, championship, or maybe even bowl to work toward?

Maybe we're all so desperate for football in any form that it will work out.

Well it’s better than anyone else’s schedule in the west and it’s not even close

The Masters 5k road race All American.

45 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

So Army and Navy.

North Alabama which I assume is like a D-lll team.

A middle of the road Houston. And bottom feeders in the Sunbelt and C-USA.

Can you confirm that Thompson talk to BYU when the California schools decide not to play. I’m a bit upset if this is true. 

39 minutes ago, robe said:

Well it’s better than anyone else’s schedule in the west and it’s not even close

Um, no it's not.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

13 minutes ago, Hoser said:

Um, no it's not.

We are the only one playing in the West. It’s exhausting dealing with people with inferior intelligence.

Just now, Ibanez said:

Thompson? No. I don't believe so. I know BYU talked to UNLV and Colorado State. I don't know how far the talks for but the UNLV game was almost a done deal at one time.

Does Thompson do anything anymore? Aresco is on a podcast everyday. Thompson is fishing at Jackson Hole. I'm convinced Thompson does as little as possible. He probably falls asleep at the table during conference meetings. Probably why his nose is jacked. Kept banging it on the table....

Well that is interesting. Probably those talks morph into Craig was talking to BYU. Thanks for the info.

57 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

UTEP? Texas Tech? 

I would think those are more the Mid and southwest. BYU is the only team in the west still playing. 

No lil sis to the south? I thought you guys would have scheduled by now. Did they insist on a H&H?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

6 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Understandable. I'm sure most commissioners are active with teams scheduling and talking to other conferences. I don't think Thompson is one of those types. I actually think Tom at Wyoming and JD at SDSU is running our conference.

Why yes John David does run this conference doesn’t he @#1Stunner.  I mean he was the guy lobbying for the 20 game basketball season and for the continuation of the Boise special deal correct?

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, Fowl said:

Why yes John David does run this conference doesn’t he @#1Stunner.  I mean he was the guy lobbying for the 20 game basketball season and for the continuation of the Boise special deal correct?

The MWC did SDSU dirty by going to 20 games.  John David was livid!!!

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

The MWC did SDSU dirty by going to 20 games.  John David was livid!!!

They brought it on themselves.  

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

playing like 7 random games against crap teams isn't really a season

Isn't that what Boise's MWC schedule looks like most years, though?

I mean, Boise has had that tradition going back to the WAC years.

Guest #1Stunner

Question for @afafan and @Bob

What is AFA's plans for this season?

Is AFA really only going to play a 2-game schedule (Navy and Army)?   Is AFA going to play any more games than that?

Is it even feasible for AFA to play a season starting in February or March?   What is the graduation schedule / obligation for AFA cadets?

1 hour ago, jewelz4562000 said:

playing like 7 random games against crap teams isn't really a season

How many games would have qualified as crap on your 2020 schedule just out of curiosity?  This was the G5 plan for Boise - GA Southern, AF, Marshall, SJSU, USU, Hawaii, UNLV, BYU, UNM, Wyoming, CSU.  

What constitutes a crappy game?  If a fan outside of the MWC footprint looked at that schedule, especially a P5 fan, what would they think of those teams?

11 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Back to topic, pretty sure the AAC is going to save BYU’s season, not independence.  Independence nearly killed their season.  

We have 8 games and only 2 AAC teams so far. 

sunbelt and cusa saves us. But we got the cream of crop of those. Troy and Western Kentucky plus UTSA and Texas st are good games.