Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Independence saved BYU’s season

3 hours ago, robe said:

But we got the cream of crop of those. Troy and Western Kentucky plus UTSA and Texas st are good games.

That cream is sour....only WKU in that list is an above .500 team.  2 winning teams out of 8.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
26 minutes ago, RSF said:

That cream is sour....only WKU in that list is an above .500 team.  2 winning teams out of 8.

Sour?!?!   

Brother, these are trying times...  We are thrilled that BYU is the only team in the Intermountain / Pacific West that is still fielding a football team right now..  BYU is now "The West's Team".  @robe

Plus, BYU has the honor of playing against so many Texas Schools:

HOUSTON

TEXAS STATE

TEXAS SAN ANTONIO

Hoping that BYU gets a home and home with Texas State and San Antonio (we need to keep the thousands of Texas BYU fans happy).

BYU still needs a few more games----hoping that BYU is in talks with the following schools

RICE

NORTH TEXAS

SMU (they'd need to clear a game for BYU)

8 hours ago, robe said:

We have 8 games and only 2 AAC teams so far. 

sunbelt and cusa saves us. But we got the cream of crop of those. Troy and Western Kentucky plus UTSA and Texas st are good games.

What I should’ve said is that conferences saved your season, not your independence.  6 games against teams like UTSA and Texas state isn’t a season.  There’ll be at least one more game against aac this season.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:35 AM, #1Stunner said:

Here is what is public:

at Army
at Navy
Houston
Troy
North Alabama
Texas State
UTSA.

I saw a schedule with Western Kentucky on it as well.

:bananasex:

If I were a season Tix holder, I would be pissed. This was the year going Indy was going to pay off with big time homies.

Outside of the Coog tilt, that is a meh schedule. If they don't finish 6-2 or better, is Sitaki gone ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/20/2020 at 5:00 PM, robe said:

BYU‘S  tv ratings are going to be thru the roof. No competition. 

I would watch the Navy and Houston games. Other than that, I'd rather watch the leaves change color.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

7 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

If I were a season Tix holder, I would be pissed. This was the year going Indy was going to pay off with big time homies.

Outside of the Coog tilt, that is a meh schedule. If they don't finish 6-2 or better, is Sitaki gone ?

LOL come on. It’s great being the only show in town

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Guessing you are a Senior Citizen?

Western Kentucky is ranked higher than 1/2 the MWC.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Sadly, the MWC has rapidly declined recently.  The AAC fans live to point this out.

The concern on scheduling is misplaced.

First, there will not be any football in the spring. Teams won't play in the spring of 2021 and again in the fall of that year.

Teams that don't practice and play this fall will have terrible timing and conditioning in the fall of 2021. Some otherwise good teams may play like Navy did against BYU.

There are real problems for teams that do not play at least 6 games this fall. Money, recruiting, out-transfers, lost coaches. No practice and no real game experience from end of 2019 until September 2021, almost 2 years.

BYU will be ready in 2021. Can't say the same for many others.