Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Independence saved BYU’s season

Interesting how things change. Independence saved BYU’s season. 

Apparently when the California schools bailed. Craig asked BYU for the 2nd time since we left to return to MWC*. Holmoe chuckle and said Craig its not in our best interest. 

personally I wish he would have rejoined both times he was asked. 

*an insider from another school reported this. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

"And thus, it was written...

The Lord said, 'in the name of the Saint LaVell Edwards, go forth and play football.' "

As if they needed a sign from the heavens, a 'Y' emerged from the parted sky.

2 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

"And thus, it was written...

The Lord said, 'in the name of the Saint LaVell Edwards, go forth and play football.' "

As if they needed a sign from the heavens, a 'Y' emerged from the parted sky.

And the elders looked upon the 'Y' and deemed it a sign of the vagina. Clearly a code violation.

Not a game played yet. This year a new way of keeping score. Not based on the final score of a game but by how many games are ever completed. It will also be fun to watch what happens when and if some teams play in the fall and how anyone puts that together with teams that may play in the spring? Once a team plays 1 game in the fall are they disqualified from playing in the spring? How will the big money bowl games be played? 

Right now it’s all about decisions being made due to the panic from money being lost. This will be a royal cluster by next spring. No way can these programs start without the use of something like a bubble. Combine that with the fact that you are dealing with a age group of people that have been the most ready to ignore all safety guidelines. This fall season goes nowhere except shutdowns by week 3 or so.

What is the Borgs Covid schedule?  Are there any P5 teams on the schedule?  Good for BYU getting teams to play them during this crazy season.  Still not sure why BYU fans keep posting Borg news on this site but it's good to hear from fans of other conferences IMO.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, Hoser said:

What is the Borgs Covid schedule?  Are there any P5 teams on the schedule?  Good for BYU getting teams to play them during this crazy season. 

Still not sure why BYU fans keep posting Borg news on this site but it's good to hear from fans of other conferences IMO.

Because, BYU is the most popular school in the MWC.

BYU's 2020 football schedule can be found here:

https://fbschedules.com/byu-football-schedule/

19 minutes ago, Hoser said:

What is the Borgs Covid schedule?  Are there any P5 teams on the schedule?  Good for BYU getting teams to play them during this crazy season.  Still not sure why BYU fans keep posting Borg news on this site but it's good to hear from fans of other conferences IMO.

Well, they are about to sign Texas....State....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, RSF said:

Well, they are about to sign Texas....State....

UTSA and Texas State

Seeing how BYU lost 10 games.... (1 FCS was left, along with Houston).

This is a good thing.  Glad BYU is even trying to have a schedule.

Guest #1Stunner
22 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

What's the schedule thus far?

Some of the games (UTSA and Texas State) have not been officially announced---only media outlets are reporting them.

Also, the rumor is that BYU has 10 games scheduled, and is finalizing the contracts.

BYU tried to schedule some P5 games, but SEC is not playing OOC, and ACC and BIG12 only have 1 OOC game, and most are playing warm up FCS or Sun Belt type opponents.  

Here is what is public:

at Army
at Navy
Houston
Troy
North Alabama
Texas State
UTSA.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Some of the games (UTSA and Texas State) have not been officially announced---only media outlets are reporting them.

Also, the rumor is that BYU has 10 games scheduled, and is finalizing the contracts.

BYU tried to schedule some P5 games, but SEC is not playing OOC, and ACC and BIG12 only have 1 OOC game, and most are playing warm up FCS or Sun Belt type opponents.  

Here is what is public:

at Army
at Navy
Houston
Troy
North Alabama
Texas State
UTSA.

Kuddos to the Coogs for giving it a go but man, .....you have to be a real die-hard BYU fan to get excited about seeing this slate of games. This is like taking the normal WTF opponents found in the 2nd half of the BYU's schedule and extending it over an entire season. We've seen what their fan's reaction and support is like for the second half of their seasons recently, will they turn it around and now jump on board for an entire season of it? especially with no purpose, championship, or maybe even bowl to work toward?

Maybe we're all so desperate for football in any form that it will work out.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

Kuddos to the Coogs for giving it a go but man, .....you have to be a real die-hard BYU fan to get excited about seeing this slate of games. This is like taking the normal WTF opponents found in the 2nd half of the BYU's schedule and extending it over an entire season. We've seen what their fan's reaction and support is like for the second half of their seasons recently, will they turn it around and now jump on board for an entire season of it? especially with no purpose, championship, or maybe even bowl to work toward?

Given the unique circumstances of this season, and the fact that BYU will likely be the only school playing any college football in the entire western half of the country, I'm fine with this schedule, and will be excited to watch.   The Army and Navy games will be a challenge.   So will Houston. 

BYU's regular schedule was too difficult this year anyway... Sitake is not a great coach.

That said, I'm hoping that the final 3 games will be against the AAC.   If not the AAC, then I like the approach of scheduling Texas schools. 

1 hour ago, TrueAg said:

I'm fine with this as well.  I'm skeptical they get to game #2, let alone game #1, but I'm hoping to see some football this year for the Cougs.  It's not like having to worry about filling the stadium with 50,000 plus fans this season, so get the games you can, and the fans will tune in unless they are die-hard corn-hole tournament fans.

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Because, BYU is the most popular school in the MWC.

BYU's 2020 football schedule can be found here:

https://fbschedules.com/byu-football-schedule/

Robe says independence saved BYU's season.  That schedule you linked has the Borg playing that TBA team 8 times.  So far I don't see anything being saved, but maybe that schedule looks like the season is saved to Borg fans.  I think it is too early to claim BYU's season saved.  

BYU can't be the most popular school in the MWC, they have to be in the MWC for that to happen.  If they were, I think they might be slightly ahead of SJSU in popularity.   

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

7 hours ago, Hoser said:

Well, with their opponents knowing that God is on BYU’s side, they know there won’t be any players to catch covid from. There’s also new info. that milk & smiles prevents covid from infecting people. 

kat.jpg