Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

NHL Playoffs

24 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

@mugtang @Nevada Convert @NevadaFan @renoskier  @NVGiant @nvspuds @thelawlorfaithful  @PackNation  @THEUniversityofNevada

I have a question for you gents and other Reno fans--- what's the consensus about the knights in Reno? Is there a decent amount of fans? Would one have trouble catching the game at any of the local sports bars? I was wondering if the Knight's fanbase grasp reaches to northern nevada as well. 

I've seen so many bandwagon knights fans across the country it made me wonder if Reno people could support the knights despite the fact they're in Vegas. I actually kinda feel bad seeing kids in Winnipeg or Edmonton wear VGK gear while their dads are wearing the hometown colors. 

I have seen lots of swag for the Knights around town.  My son bought a t-shirt the other day ..I think there are a number of folks in Reno that are legit fans.  I don't follow hockey but I am excited to have pro teams in the state.

29 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

@mugtang @Nevada Convert @NevadaFan @renoskier  @NVGiant @nvspuds @thelawlorfaithful  @PackNation  @THEUniversityofNevada

I have a question for you gents and other Reno fans--- what's the consensus about the knights in Reno? Is there a decent amount of fans? Would one have trouble catching the game at any of the local sports bars? I was wondering if the Knight's fanbase grasp reaches to northern nevada as well. 

I've seen so many bandwagon knights fans across the country it made me wonder if Reno people could support the knights despite the fact they're in Vegas. I actually kinda feel bad seeing kids in Winnipeg or Edmonton wear VGK gear while their dads are wearing the hometown colors. 

I’ve never seen Vegas gear in Boston. For those who have even heard of them, the Knights are pretty much viewed as a farm team over here. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’ve never seen Vegas gear in Boston. For those who have even heard of them, the Knights are pretty much viewed as a farm team over here. 

boston is prob the last team I want the Knights to see if they make the Cup final---I think the only other team the knights consistently play worse against is the Wild. Although I like their chances a lot better with Rask gone. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

10 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

boston is prob the last team I want the Knights to see if they make the Cup final---I think the only other team the knights consistently play worse against is the Wild. Although I like their chances a lot better with Rask gone. 

Boston is getting a little long in the tooth. Last year will likely end up being a missed opportunity. 

Now Tampa is going to bring their defensemen up and press hard. With an OT game and back to back nights, they cannot go down 0-2. Boston will just need to whether the storm and be opportunistic. 

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Now Tampa is going to bring their defensemen up and press hard. With an OT game and back to back nights, they cannot go down 0-2. Boston will just need to whether the storm and be opportunistic. 

Just someone hurry up and win,  this shit is bleeding into the knights game

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

48 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

What mug said, quite a few GK fans up here. I see the license plates everyday. You wouldn't have any problem finding their games in a sports bar but I don't know if you'd find a "fan club" watching anywhere in particular. 

Years ago there was 1 or 2 good hockey bars in Reno/Sparks. I used to play for a club team sponsored by one but since we haven't had any ice in the area for more than 20 years, :crying:, things have changed. Fortunately,  a new arena is under construction in south Reno.

I grew up as a Ranger fan but now mostly root for the Sharks since I've been to quite a few of their games. 

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

I’m a fan, but I’m from Vegas, so no issues for me. When I do go to Reno I do see a surprising amount of gear.

13 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

the Avalanche in a wee bit of trouble in this series. Down 2-0 in the series and down early in game 3

Good to see the Av's win.  With so little hockey to be played this year ( I doubt there will be a full 2020-21 NHL season) I selfishly want every playoff round to go 6-7 games.

4 hours ago, pokerider said:

NHL is playing the PC card. 

Earlier on Thursday, the Hockey Diversity Alliance formally requested that the league suspended all playoff games. 

god dammit

WHITE BOREDOM MATTERS!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif