Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

NHL Playoffs

I love Doc Emrick when he calls games that don’t involve the Bruins. But +++++ he can stress me out.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

15 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I love Doc Emrick when he calls games that don’t involve the Bruins. But +++++ he can stress me out.

Doc's had a legendary career and I like to hear when he is interviewed as he tells some great stories.  That said I really don't care for his game call.  His voice is just not smooth and easy like the best announcers are.  Different strokes for different folks I suppose.  You can't argue with his success.

17 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Avalanche completely crapped the bed.  Made some huge glaring mistakes by seasoned vets but mostly just not protecting their own net well and being passive at the Stars net.  

My two least favorite teams in the league.  I'd prefer the Av's to win over the Stars but I hope the series leaves them too beat up to compete in the next round.  

The Lightening are a tough matchup for the Bruins. Their speed and skill is frightening. If Boston is going to advance, they’re going to have to use their brains and savvy playoff experience. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

@mugtang @Nevada Convert @NevadaFan @renoskier  @NVGiant @nvspuds @thelawlorfaithful  @PackNation  @THEUniversityofNevada

I have a question for you gents and other Reno fans--- what's the consensus about the knights in Reno? Is there a decent amount of fans? Would one have trouble catching the game at any of the local sports bars? I was wondering if the Knight's fanbase grasp reaches to northern nevada as well. 

I've seen so many bandwagon knights fans across the country it made me wonder if Reno people could support the knights despite the fact they're in Vegas. I actually kinda feel bad seeing kids in Winnipeg or Edmonton wear VGK gear while their dads are wearing the hometown colors. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

25 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

@mugtang @Nevada Convert @NevadaFan @renoskier  @NVGiant @nvspuds @thelawlorfaithful  @PackNation  @THEUniversityofNevada

I have a question for you gents and other Reno fans--- what's the consensus about the knights in Reno? Is there a decent amount of fans? Would one have trouble catching the game at any of the local sports bars? I was wondering if the Knight's fanbase grasp reaches to northern nevada as well. 

I've seen so many bandwagon knights fans across the country it made me wonder if Reno people could support the knights despite the fact they're in Vegas. I actually kinda feel bad seeing kids in Winnipeg or Edmonton wear VGK gear while their dads are wearing the hometown colors. 

There’s a decent fan base here.  I think there’s a bit of pride in having a professional team here in Nevada even though it’s in Vegas.  I don’t think there’s any resentment or anything regarding that.  I see quite a few VGK license plates around town. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater