Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Twitter Suspends Satire Account Babylon Bee

I’ve ignored my Twitter account for the past three months. Who or what is TheBabylonBee and what sort of disinformation has that acct been spamming the twitterverse with? 

Edit: or is it simply ironical that Twitter would suspend a satire acct? I’m guessing this is the case. 

Just now, Posturedoc said:

I’ve ignored my Twitter account for the past three months. Who or what is TheBabylonBee and what sort of disinformation has that acct been spamming the twitterverse with? 

It’s the Onion but from the right. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

So I was correct with my edited remark. But, hey, I’m fine with all those righty twats getting suspended* if for no other reason than it enrages Contard^. 

* = not really
^ = yes, really

53 minutes ago, mugtang said:

20 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I didn’t realize the Onion was left or right. 

No it isn’t. It’s just a shitty knockoff of the onion. Here’s a current story on their site: https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-drives-around-playing-mailbox-baseball-in-new-vote-suppression-scheme

The onion is nirvana. Babylon bee is puddle of mudd.

2 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

No it isn’t. It’s just a shitty knockoff of the onion. Here’s a current story on their site: https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-drives-around-playing-mailbox-baseball-in-new-vote-suppression-scheme

They're both equally awesome. People need to lighten up.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 8/17/2020 at 6:35 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

They both have maybe 1 in 10 articles that are actually funny these days.

Babylon Bee seems to be the crazy spammer you can't get away from at times!  (Is this ban their fault?  Their articles always seem to get retweeted by crazies who don't realize they are satire, including the President)