Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willie Cee

Shovels In The Dirt - New Aztec Stadium

On 3/5/2021 at 3:44 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Glass half empty much?

C'mon, man. Since '16-'17 the Chargers have left the city, the university has fended off an attempt by developers - who have mucho clout in SD - to force us to play in a GD soccer stadium and we're now about 1/3 of the way toward replacing the Q with our own facility.

If you're referring to the product on the field, two of the last three seasons have been disappointing but the staff should get a pass for 2019 because of COVID and this year's recruiting class is among the best ever.

Let's hope so.

I have been underwhelmed by the last two and a half seasons. Even the ten wins in 2019 was weak.

"Weak as Water."

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

21 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Let's hope so.

I have been underwhelmed by the last two and a half seasons. Even the ten wins in 2019 was weak.

"Weak as Water."

Two comments both related to the offense (which has been "Offensive"):

We needed a change at Oline Coaching-underperforming every year- GOT IT.

We need a QB-same as above but really it has yet to been seen.

One more- our OC is below average-so bad I would prefer Jeff Horton over this guy, really bad sauce.

All said, love the schedule, we will beat one if not both Pac "When" teams and I like the fact we play Boise last.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:56 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

One more- our OC is below average-so bad I would prefer Jeff Horton over this guy, really bad sauce.

All said, love the schedule, we will beat one if not both Pac "When" teams and I like the fact we play Boise last.

Well, the OC should get a pass since we didn't have a  "real" QB.  The eye test of watching them throw and the plays called, will be very telling who's at fault this season.

18 hours ago, aztech said:

Well, the OC should get a pass since we didn't have a  "real" QB.  The eye test of watching them throw and the plays called, will be very telling who's at fault this season.

wish I shared your optimism on the OC. 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:56 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

He did not have a QB that could run the spread. Baker was more of a drop back type. I will withhold judgement until the end of the 2021 season. 

It will be weird to go home and see the stadium gone. I watched it get built in the 60's. Lived in the shadow of it during the late 70's. It was always a landmark in my life.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor