Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willie Cee

Shovels In The Dirt - New Aztec Stadium

24 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

The Q is almost kaputimage.png.f880ca0ad43e4889f9fe1fb33402e3c4.png

I gotta be honest, very surprised the City got it done, and very surprised SDSU is getting a new home.  I don't think Aztec fans know how much the game experience is going to improve, but as someone who watched the Gophers in the Metrodome to now in their own stadium, it is a huge difference, and I can't wait to see the reactions after the first season.

47 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I gotta be honest, very surprised the City got it done, and very surprised SDSU is getting a new home.  I don't think Aztec fans know how much the game experience is going to improve, but as someone who watched the Gophers in the Metrodome to now in their own stadium, it is a huge difference, and I can't wait to see the reactions after the first season.

Agree on all fronts. It wasn't looking good early on. I've been lucky enough to have attended CFB games in much better stadiums than the Q over the last 20 years and I cannot wait for the new atmosphere. It's going to be like Viejas without the wait for a S16 team to fill it up....folks will notice the change from the very first game. 

1 hour ago, AztecSU said:

Agree on all fronts. It wasn't looking good early on. I've been lucky enough to have attended CFB games in much better stadiums than the Q over the last 20 years and I cannot wait for the new atmosphere. It's going to be like Viejas without the wait for a S16 team to fill it up....folks will notice the change from the very first game. 

:drunkards:

36 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Best view I've seen

AztecStadiumSite.png

LOL.  I was just going to say "to hell with what's going down, show me what's going up".

Looks familiar, as in when Canvas really got rolling.  Do they have a construction cam going?  That was always a cool thing I liked to check in on every couple of days during construction.  With Canvas it seemed like there were three phases.  The first where you are now as they seem to take forever to put all the base infrastructure in place, the second was a blast as once they were ready things got vertical in a hurry and it was exciting, the third was just drawn out as they worked on so many internal details and stuff that you really couldn't see the progress unless the local rag did a story with pictures.  You're gonna' love phase 2.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

LOL.  I was just going to say "to hell with what's going down, show me what's going up".

Looks familiar, as in when Canvas really got rolling.  Do they have a construction cam going?  That was always a cool thing I liked to check in on every couple of days during construction.  With Canvas it seemed like there were three phases.  The first where you are now as they seem to take forever to put all the base infrastructure in place, the second was a blast as once they were ready things got vertical in a hurry and it was exciting, the third was just drawn out as they worked on so many internal details and stuff that you really couldn't see the progress unless the local rag did a story with pictures.  You're gonna' love phase 2.

There's a construction came but it's not live, image is taken every 15 minutes iirc. Also the angle leaves a lot to be desired. 

https://missionvalley.sdsu.edu/community-updates

1024x768.jpg?ts=1609963118

3 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

There's a construction came but it's not live, image is taken every 15 minutes iirc. Also the angle leaves a lot to be desired. 

https://missionvalley.sdsu.edu/community-updates

1024x768.jpg?ts=1609963118

Call your AD and tell him to move that thing up 30 feet and make it live.  You guys are paying for this, you deserve that much.

If he's anything at all like the CSU AD he'll get right on it in a few years, if ever.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:15 AM, Spaztecs said:

Since 2016-2017 the FB program has taken three steps backwards.

Glass half empty much?

C'mon, man. Since '16-'17 the Chargers have left the city, the university has fended off an attempt by developers - who have mucho clout in SD - to force us to play in a GD soccer stadium and we're now about 1/3 of the way toward replacing the Q with our own facility.

If you're referring to the product on the field, two of the last three seasons have been disappointing but the staff should get a pass for 2019 because of COVID and this year's recruiting class is among the best ever.