Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

POLL: Should the MWC encourage Air Force to join the AAC?

POLL: Should the MWC encourage Air Force to join the AAC?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. POLL: Should the MWC encourage Air Force to join the AAC?

• NO - AFA is a huge part of the MWC. Falcons Football and Basketball bring a lot of prestige to the MWC.
    • YES - AFA only brings "decent" football. The rest of Falcons Athletics is mediocre. Poor basketball.
    • YES - but only because adding North Texas and/or Texas State as a replacement has more upside.

28 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Where to put AFA's non-revenue sports is a huge problem.  Their non-revenue sports aren't even Big Sky level.   The only conference that might think about taking them would be the WAC.

I doubt a service academy is willing to trade the other Front Rangers for a private for-profit*, Chicago State and Utah Valley. AFA's best fit outside of here is the WCC.

*and I like GCU, by the way.

25 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Where to put AFA's non-revenue sports is a huge problem.  Their non-revenue sports aren't even Big Sky level.   The only conference that might think about taking them would be the WAC.

The Summit League would work nicely for them as well.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

23 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

I doubt a service academy is willing to trade the other Front Rangers for a private for-profit*, Chicago State and Utah Valley. AFA's best fit outside of here is the WCC.

Why would the WCC take them?  They're another mouth to feed.  From a quality of competition level, it's an insult for Air Force to ask.

AFA's crown jewel is football.

23 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

The Air Force would help the WCC by sponsoring sports such as water polo that could almost help the conference sponsor the sport.   

2 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

Summit League for non-football makes perfect sense IMHO

AF, Denver, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota State, South Dakota, NDSU, etc. quite geographically reasonable...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

9 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Why would the WCC take them?  They're another mouth to feed.  From a quality of competition level, it's an insult for Air Force to ask.

AFA's crown jewel is football.

Added academic prestige by associating with a service academy.  Gives BYU a friend nearby to play with.

14 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

Let's see,

Men's swimming won the WAC championship last year. 

Men's soccer has been to the NCAA playoffs 2 out of the 4 last years. 

Air Force has won several MW T&F indoor and outdoor titles in the past five years. 

Men's gymnastics has won 2 USAG championships the past 5 years. 

The Rifle team won the NCAA National championship last year. 

Men's lacrosse has been SOCON champions 2 out of 5 years and has been to the NCAA sweet sixteen twice in the past 5 years, including 3 wins over Duke. 

Men's hockey has been to 4 NCAA Sweet sixteens the past 10 years, including 5 AHA conference championships. 

Wrestling competes in the Big XII

What exactly is Big Sky level?

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, SFtoVA said:

@#1Stunner

Nice poll question friend... But I think it might be a little more interesting if you and add an option:

The MWC should encourage BYU to join the AAC

That would be interesting to see... Just my .02

The problem is that the AAC is not compelling.

AAC is simply CSUA with a new name.

Plus the AAC has poor fan support.  .  @pesik

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, Zoomie said:

Let's see,

Men's swimming won the WAC championship last year. 

Men's soccer has been to the NCAA playoffs 2 out of the 4 last years. 

Air Force has won several MW T&F indoor and outdoor titles in the past five years. 

Men's gymnastics has won 2 USAG championships the past 5 years. 

The Rifle team won the NCAA National championship last year. 

Men's lacrosse has been SOCON champions 2 out of 5 years and has been to the NCAA sweet sixteen twice in the past 5 years, including 3 wins over Duke. 

Men's hockey has been to 4 NCAA Sweet sixteens the past 10 years, including 5 AHA conference championships. 

Wrestling competes in the Big XII

What exactly is Big Sky level?

What are you hearing on the Air Force side of this?

46 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Well, I think it might be compelling to the MWC board... Here's what I'm thinking:
1. Yes: Encourage BYU to join the AAC. It'll be entertaining to watch them try to sabotage another conference
2. Yes: Encourage BYU to join the AAC. It'll be entertaining to watch them be rejected by the P6
3. Yes: Encourage BYU to join the AAC. Take the blue turf loving potato licker's with them and new money SUDS. Also LOL
4. Yes: Encourage BYU to join the AAC. That'll end the endless hijacking of threads on this board with BYU. That's worth whatever
5. No: Having been conference members prior, we can't in good conscience wish the scourge of BYU on anyone

6. No: I'm really drawing a blank here... Recommendations?

7. Indifferent (Is that an option?).. No one actually cares about BYU

Keep your AFA options in there as well, might be interesting..

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

You are truly a master troll. I did not fully appreciate you in the past #1 but I do now. Query are CSUA and CUSA one and the same?

21 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

What are you hearing on the Air Force side of this?

There is a push to play football this fall.  TC and players want it, the AD wants it; but we have a changeover in leadership this year as we are getting a new Superintendent (3 Star General)...so, I suppose there is a lot of "pencil in scheduling" being talked about, but I am not sure how and when that will become official and what the back door communication is between AFA and the MW.  It will be seen as a failure of leadership by alumni if Army and Navy are playing football this year and Air Force is not...

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Zoomie said:

There is a push to play football this fall.  TC and players want it, the AD wants it; but we have a changeover in leadership this year as we are getting a new Superintendent (3 Star General)...so, I suppose there is a lot of "pencil in scheduling" being talked about, but I am not sure how and when that will become official and what the back door communication is between AFA and the MW.  It will be seen as a failure of leadership by alumni if Army and Navy are playing football this year and Air Force is not...

It would be pretty difficult for AFA to play a 2 game schedule, I think. 

But I suppose it is doable.  Not sure if Hair Thompson will try to stop AFA.