Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

So which two MW teams have been talking to the AAC

we did sorta ask for it. We were tired of always playing Ole Miss, Miss State, Arkansas, and Tennessee...'there must be OTHER teams, right? well, West Coast Tom Bowen (SJSU) got us games with UCLA and Kansas.

we quickly signed up Mizzou, Miss State, and Ole Miss after that 'grand experiment' (we did go 3-1 against the WC teams though and the loss was stil a fun game in LA)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

12 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Don't understand a crap school like Ball State firing Lembo.*

I can't recall the name of the guy who replaced Brady Hoke but remember it was his OC and the guy was gawd awful as a HC. So Lembo inherited as big a mess as Hoke did at THE BSU. I think you've got some real quality there.

* Word was when Hoke first got that job, the head coach's office was literally in a trailor

like I said, quietly, Lembo is running things for a first time HC in Silverfield  (and we pay Lembo 400k or 10k more then he made as Ball State HC) and it seems to be working.

Lembo walked away from Ball State when they lowered his recruiting and staff budgets (which he says turned 9-10 win seasons into 3-5 win seasons)

Lembo resigned and went to be a coordinator at a P4 with an ACC level budget. (Maryland, then Rice, then Memphis)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/14422527/pete-lembo-resigns-ball-state-cardinals-head-coach-take-assistant-job-maryland-terrapins

mem skyline sig.jpeg

50 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

we did sorta ask for it. We were tired of always playing Ole Miss, Miss State, Arkansas, and Tennessee...'there must be OTHER teams, right? well, West Coast Tom Bowen (SJSU) got us games with UCLA and Kansas.

we quickly signed up Mizzou, Miss State, and Ole Miss after that 'grand experiment' (we did go 3-1 against the WC teams though and the loss was stil a fun game in LA)

Don't worry, he thinks Washington St, Oregon St, Virginia, and horrible Florida St teams are good p5 games. They dream of UCLA and SEC games.

9 minutes ago, JoeBlo said:

Don't worry, he thinks Washington St, Oregon St, Virginia, and horrible Florida St teams are good p5 games. They dream of UCLA and SEC games.

Memphis has upcoming home-home series with Mizzou and Miss State. We also have a 2-for-1 signed with Arkansas that pays us 999k

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Who? Cincy and UCF are the ones I think have the best shot. Memphis has too much coaching turnover and always plays a shit OOC schedule. UCF is good. No doubt about it. But last year they looked beatable and got beat. Cincy had a good year. Let's see if they can keep it up.

I still remember when Houston was the other great AAC team when UCF was going to the access bowls (And going winless one year) and SDSU beat Houston about as bad as you could possibly best someone. Til the AAC are winning big time OOC games, I'll take Boise State in the big games. I don't like using bowl games to judge P5 wins. You don't know how the P5 will be up to play a G5 and a month layoff can affect one team more than another 

i dont get this take..sdsu vs houston was a bowl game..not an ooc game. and houston was not a world beater that year

you are giving an excuse to fully staffed fully loaded p5 because they wont get up for g5 (which is such a bad take, everyone wants to win irregardless of opponent), but then use sdsu beating houston as your counter . a bowl game where houstons full staff had left (to texas)..a game coached by GA's (student coaches)..becuase the interims quit a week before the bowl (they were hoping to get the full time title but houston went a different direction and they left, to "get a jump start at recruiting for texas")

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Who? Cincy and UCF are the ones I think have the best shot. Memphis has too much coaching turnover and always plays a shit OOC schedule. UCF is good. No doubt about it. But last year they looked beatable and got beat. Cincy had a good year. Let's see if they can keep it up.

I still remember when Houston was the other great AAC team when UCF was going to the access bowls (And going winless one year) and SDSU beat Houston about as bad as you could possibly best someone. Til the AAC are winning big time OOC games, I'll take Boise State in the big games. I don't like using bowl games to judge P5 wins. You don't know how the P5 will be up to play a G5 and a month layoff can affect one team more than another 

I'd argue Memphis, UCF, and Cincy. Possibly Navy because you guys struggle against the option.

The first three are in areas that are recruiting hotbeds. UCF went unbeaten for like 28 straight games or something absurd.

I just think that league is playing a higher level of football right now.

Houston always has good athletes and speed too.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just now, Ibanez said:

I see. Excuses are only invalid when Boise State loses right?

excuses are only valid when they are valid...the "p5 dont get up for g5"excuses is so lame..and has been used against boise. surprsed a boise fan would used that poor excuses..

and i was pointing out, that you are trying to discredit aac bowl wins...(using a bad excuses)..but then using aac bowl losses as your main counter point (ignoring legitimate things that happened in the game)

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

Memphis has upcoming home-home series with Mizzou and Miss State. We also have a 2-for-1 signed with Arkansas that pays us 999k

You might be able to broom Arkansas with how things have been going there. MSU is always a tough, physical game, but you probably know this.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'd argue Memphis, UCF, and Cincy. Possibly Navy because you guys struggle against the option.

The first three are in areas that are recruiting hotbeds. UCF went unbeaten for like 28 straight games or something absurd.

I just think that league is playing a higher level of football right now.

Houston always has good athletes and speed too.

Yea I agree, the last few years I think the AAC has clearly been the better conference in football and basketball, and given the areas the two conferences recruit I don’t think that’s going to change any time soon.