Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

So which two MW teams have been talking to the AAC

6 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I think Boise better grab a new deal somewhere while they can, because I see your brand slipping little by little. I still think you need a new coach, but you need a slam dunk hire this time. The top teams in the MW are competitive with you now, and I don't see that changing as long as Harsin is there. Boise should be head and shoulders better year in and year out if they're going to have a sweetheart deal. I also think there are a couple of teams in the AAC that would beat you more often than not, so I don't think you'll find it there. But maybe. Good luck!

1. From 2000 through 2011, Boise scored more than 500 points 10 times in 12 seasons or 83% of the time. In the 8 seasons since, Boise has scored 500 points 2 times or 25% of the time. Granted that some of it has to do with an upgraded schedule but the point is, Boise's offense isn't close to as exciting as it once was.

2. From 2006 through 2012, Boise was 9-2 against P5 schools, winning 82% of the time. Since 2013, Boise has been 7-8 against P5 opponents - winning 47% of the time. Therefore, ever since TCU and Utah left in 2012, nobody outside the MWC has paid any attention to intraconference games so to garner NATIONAL attention you have to beat P5 opponents. Going 9-2 in those games will get you major positive attention but although winning just under half of them won't result in disrespect, it won't get you much respect either.

3. Even minor bowl games create some degree of national visibility but you have win them to gain any degree of respect. In 2000-2012, Boise finished the season with a bowl victory 2/3 of the time. From 2013 through 2019, Boise finished the season with a bowl game win less than half the time.

Conclusion: Boise football peaked on January 1, 2007 with the miraculous victory over Oklahoma in one of the most exciting games ever. Although a repeat of that magical season should not have been expected, as you say, Broncos football has clearly been falling off since. Boise still has the best football program in the MWC. However, slowly but surely it is slipping back toward the rest of the conference and I agree that a few more years of Harsin will do the trick.

Should the MWC terminate Boise's sweetheart TV deal? Doesn't seem like that can occur without Boise successfully suing. However, it sure wouldn't bother me to see Boise (and AFA for that matter) leave for the AAC. That would set the stage for the current West division to invite USU to join in creating a non-front range conference more palatable to the rest of us. (And oh and BTW, MY school had nothing to do with approving that stupid TV deal and I find it funny how almost nobody whose school did ever seems to criticize their administration for doing so.)

31 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

On the bright side he would finally shut the +++++ up about Air Force.

But that's not gonna happen. I can't wait til spring. I really can't. I'm gonna be tossing out crow for people to eat faster than Derek Jeter passes out herpes.

You seemingly want to be a legend in your own mind....on a message board no less. More power to you I suppose. Is there some sort of super-secret probation you would have to endure from the Illuminati if you just laid out the details of what you are claiming will happen or is it so super secret that the men in black vans will show up in your driveway if you uttered a word of it? Or could it be you are worried your self-proclaimed Nostradamus status will be tarnished if you detail too much and it doesn't come to fruition? Either way, cracks me up.

19 hours ago, Brew_Poke said:

1)Can anybody translate this for me?

2) Somebody explain the field of public relations to this weirdo.

1) he used basic infromation to justify that the mwc and aac are different-- attendance and inability to get into the playoffs. but in his arguments noted that the aac and mwc are above c-usa.. i noted that its illogical.. c-usa and the mwc are drastically closer in attendance than to the aac. and c-usa cant access the playoff either. the logic behind how he ranked the conferences was nonsensical

1b) the second paragraph- a third justification he used for "the leagues being equal" is that the aac cant poach mwc teams.. i noted that numerous mwc conference teams prefer the aac but distance and travel expenses is the sole reason they are in the mwc. i used sdsu as my example- as we have hard proof they prefered the aac outside of location. (my point- if location wasnt an issue, no aac would jump to the mwc..many mwc would jump to the aac)

2) their isnt a mandate on public statements.. look at the announcements that the mwc moved to spring football. only some mwc schools released statements in support of the decison, some have released nothing...your a weirdo for not realizing that if boise truly didnt approve of tulane they wouldnt have had a presser praising tulane and its addition within hours.. most aac teams did not release a statement for tulane. 

Guest #1Stunner
40 minutes ago, pesik said:

1) he used basic infromation to justify that the mwc and aac are different-- attendance and inability to get into the playoffs. but in his arguments noted that the aac and mwc are above c-usa.. i noted that its illogical.. c-usa and the mwc are drastically closer in attendance than to the aac. and c-usa cant access the playoff either. the logic behind how he ranked the conferences was nonsensical

1b) the second paragraph- a third justification he used for "the leagues being equal" is that the aac cant poach mwc teams.. i noted that numerous mwc conference teams prefer the aac but distance and travel expenses is the sole reason they are in the mwc. i used sdsu as my example- as we have hard proof they prefered the aac outside of location. (my point- if location wasnt an issue, no aac would jump to the mwc..many mwc would jump to the aac)

2) their isnt a mandate on public statements.. look at the announcements that the mwc moved to spring football. only some mwc schools released statements in support of the decison, some have released nothing...your a weirdo for not realizing that if boise truly didnt approve of tulane they wouldnt have had a presser praising tulane and its addition within hours.. most aac teams did not release a statement for tulane. 

MWC and AAC are identical twins.

These two conferences have similar schools.

It's why neither conference can lure a school over to their side.

AAC has tried like crazy to get a MWC school to join.  Hasn't worked.  AAC can't even steal the MWC coaches.

Sometimes the MWC uses the AAC for leverage to get a better deal, but it isn't serious.  (Remember Dave Rice interviewing at Southern Florida).

So, so....same.

18 minutes ago, pesik said:

Wrong.  None of the 3 conferences are getting into the playoffs.   And your definition of 'drastically' is...interesting.

2019 attendance:  AAC 29,496  MWC 23,232 (diff of 6264)  CUSA 18,929 (4303).  None of the 3 conferences has anything to be proud about.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Wrong.  None of the 3 conferences are getting into the playoffs.   And your definition of 'drastically' is...interesting.

2019 attendance:  AAC 29,496  MWC 23,232 (diff of 6264)  CUSA 18,929 (4303).  None of the 3 conferences has anything to be proud about.

Absolutely right, considering that the lowest P5 (the Pac-12) averaged 46,080 in 2019 which was 16,584 ahead of the AAC.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, RSF said:

The only conferences getting into the 4 team playoffs are Notre Dame and maybe 10 "blue blood" programs.   

Occasionally a P5 "mud blood" (Harry Potter reference) will sneak in....but rarely.

If it ever expands to 8 teams, there might be a better chance.   But we aren't there yet.

32 minutes ago, pesik said:

your a weirdo for not realizing that if boise truly didnt approve of tulane they wouldnt have had a presser praising tulane and its addition within hours.. 

Assuming that happened, it's as dumb as an assertion you made a couple years ago that obviously every nBE school supported the addition of Too-lame because Aresco announced that the vote to add them had been unanimous.

Speaking of "realizing," when are you going to get a clue that when it comes to conference membership, it is blasphemy for schools not to publicly support their alleged peers? For crissakes, probably everybody who has ever posted here knows that except you.

36 minutes ago, RSF said:

you missed the point... he says the mwc is above c-usa... his point wasnt that all 3 were equal.. he said the aac and mwc are the same becuase neither have access to the playoff...i responded then what justification are you using to say the mwc is better than c-usa... also we are over 30k if you remove uconn..we dont associate with those guys anymore lol 

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, pesik said:

you missed the point... he says the mwc is above c-usa... his point wasnt that all 3 were equal.. he said the aac and mwc are the same becuase neither have access to the playoff...i responded then what justification are you using to say the mwc is better than c-usa... also we are over 30k if you remove uconn..we dont associate with those guys anymore lol 

53 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

AAC has tried like crazy to get a MWC school to join.  Hasn't worked.  AAC can't even steal the MWC coaches.

Sometimes the MWC uses the AAC for leverage to get a better deal, but it isn't serious.  (Remember Dave Rice interviewing at Southern Florida).

So, so....same.

57 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

So, so....same.

the aac has not tried like crazy to add anyone.. the aac has not reach out to single team since sdsu left...there are numerous interviews about this by aac presidents/aresoc. aac schools detested how the big 12 made a charade of everyone when looking for members..the aac has a mantra they only take members who reach out and are worthy (wichita) and will not try and break up any other conferences. the last time we tried we got 2, and both wanted to stay...we just  refused the deal they wanted 

also your dave rice point doesnt help..usf is a bottom 3 aac basketball brand..unlv is a top 2 mwc basketball brand..saying one of your biggest brands used one our worst for leverage helps you point how???

Cincinnati's coach threatens and come to SJSU to get a pay raise ....that isnt a thing that is reality 

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, pesik said:

the aac has not tried like crazy to add anyone.. the aac has not reach out to single team since sdsu left...there are numerous interviews about this by aac presidents/aresoc. aac schools detested how the big 12 made a charade of everyone when looking for members..the aac has a mantra they only take members who reach out and are worthy (wichita) and will not try and break up any other conferences. 

also your dave rice point doenst healp..usf is a bottom 3 aac basketball brand..unlv is a top 2 mwc basketball brand..saying one of your biggest brands used one oour worst for leverage helps you point how???

Cincinnati's coach threatens and come to SJSU to get a pay raise ....that isnt a thing that is reality 

Why would any MWC school be interested in joining the AAC/CUSA?

You all have very poor fan support.   There isn't a compelling reason. 

The AAC commissioner needs to develop a plan in getting the fan support in the AAC improved. 

For those that do not understand why Tulane was invited to the conference that became the AAC, consider the following:

1. The BEv2 started to create a BOR conference. It certainly didn't want to build less.
2. BSU and SDSU were invited and accepted the invitations.
3. BEv2 commenced discussions with several other western schools about joining.
4. BSU commenced negotiations to achieve more money than others.
5. That angered many. There are still many upset over BSU's efforts.
5. BEv2 said we are through with that and commenced building an eastern conference.
6. More eastern schools were invited to get to 12 members for CCG.

BSU killed the effort to create a BOR conference. SDSU come on over. BSU NOT welcome.

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

On the bright side he would finally shut the +++++ up about Air Force.

But that's not gonna happen. I can't wait til spring. I really can't. I'm gonna be tossing out crow for people to eat faster than Derek Jeter passes out herpes.

I would love to have all 3 academies in the AAC but Army doesn't want to walk that path again. AF is unique because the possibility of not having a football season while Army/Navy do could get them to make a decision they normally wouldn't make.

I would say less than 33% chance of AF jumping to the AAC for football only...that doesn't make me want it any less.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

16 minutes ago, since1670 said:

For those that do not understand why Tulane was invited to the conference that became the AAC, consider the following:

1. The BEv2 started to create a BOR conference. It certainly didn't want to build less.
2. BSU and SDSU were invited and accepted the invitations.
3. BEv2 commenced discussions with several other western schools about joining.
4. BSU commenced negotiations to achieve more money than others.
5. That angered many. There are still many upset over BSU's efforts.
5. BEv2 said we are through with that and commenced building an eastern conference.
6. More eastern schools were invited to get to 12 members for CCG.

BSU killed the effort to create a BOR conference. SDSU come on over. BSU NOT welcome.

Tulane is our buddy...if given the chance we'll invite the rich, smart kids in NO every time. Tulane road games are a BLAST! They're always welcome in any conference with Memphis.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

So, so....same.

Hey, Dave Rice would have been better than that walking oaf, Orlando Antigua...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, pesik said:

The pull out of Uconn was without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to the AAC. Now if Fresno or better yet SJSU were to withdraw from the MWC.......but that is only a dream.

8 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I actually think it's the MWC that is improving and Boise State has already hit their ceiling. The reason I think BSU needs to go to the AAC while they can is recruiting. The AAC is dominating the MWC in recruiting and sooner or later the kids BSU gets are gonna start going out east to play. It's no secret football is struggling on the west coast right now. If BSU goes to the AAC, they shouldn't slip farther back.

Also, there is not a team in the AAC that can win a 5 game series against Boise State. But four or five years from now? Yeah. That's how much farther ahead I think the AAC is.

I think there are.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

9 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Who? Cincy and UCF are the ones I think have the best shot. Memphis has too much coaching turnover and always plays a shit OOC schedule. UCF is good. No doubt about it. But last year they looked beatable and got beat. Cincy had a good year. Let's see if they can keep it up.

I still remember when Houston was the other great AAC team when UCF was going to the access bowls (And going winless one year) and SDSU beat Houston about as bad as you could possibly best someone. Til the AAC are winning big time OOC games, I'll take Boise State in the big games. I don't like using bowl games to judge P5 wins. You don't know how the P5 will be up to play a G5 and a month layoff can affect one team more than another 

in the past 8 years we've had 2 coaches. also, the past 5 years Memphis has played Mizzou, Ole Miss, UCLA, and Kansas home-home along with teams like Auburn and Iowa State in bowl games. (we have Miss State staring up also)

that doesn't even include playing programs like UCF, Cincy, Houston, Navy, etc during AAC play.

quietly, Pete Lembo has taken on a LOT of responsibility at Memphis. Special Teams Coordinator and Asst Head Coach. Dude took Ball State to 9 and 10 win seasons...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Lembo

mem skyline sig.jpeg

11 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

quietly, Pete Lembo has taken on a LOT of responsibility at Memphis. Special Teams Coordinator and Asst Head Coach. Dude took Ball State to 9 and 10 win seasons...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Lembo

Don't understand a crap school like Ball State firing Lembo.*

I can't recall the name of the guy who replaced Brady Hoke but remember it was his OC and the guy was gawd awful as a HC. So Lembo inherited as big a mess as Hoke did at THE BSU. I think you've got some real quality there.

* Word was when Hoke first got that job, the head coach's office was literally in a trailor