Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

So which two MW teams have been talking to the AAC

3 hours ago, JoeBlo said:

They already take the access bowl every year and they are already always a top 7 basketball conference and average 3-4 bids a year with out UConn or Memphis being very good the last five years.

New Mexico has no shot, UNLV isn't either it's a football conference first lol, SDSU is just too far.

CSU would work if they were part of a group but they don't have much of a chance alone. They did call up the AAC this summer though and asked around, pretty sure they were told they could come if they had a cute friend they could bring along.

Except for the fact that SDSU is closer to every AAC school than Boise and half of the MWC.  People should look at maps...

Boise.  And Troy Calhoun has sounded off before so I think the other member is Air Force.

IF anyone's been talking

14 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

UNLV

SDSU

BYU

Boise

New Mexico

Colorado State

Cincinnati 

Memphis

Houston

SMU

Air Force (Football Only)

Navy (Football Only)

Gonzaga (All Sports but Football)

Better Conference than the PAC-12

You’re kinda like that parent who wants four Michael Jordan’s and your son on the court  regardless of how shitty he is including UNLV in this list...  lol

7 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

You’re kinda like that parent who wants four Michael Jordan’s and your son on the court  regardless of how shitty he is including UNLV in this list...  lol

Not just including, at the top.

6 hours ago, Fowl said:

Except for the fact that SDSU is closer to every AAC school than Boise and half of the MWC.  People should look at maps...

SD is, in fact, 100-200 miles closer (driving distance) to Tulsa and Dallas than Boise.  Gotta admit, that surprised me.  It aint as simple as looking at a map, though.

9 hours ago, JoeBlo said:

Maybe my source was wrong lol a local report says the game will be played in Ft Worth. I was told they went to the Big XII to get it done in Dallas and got the okay (schools are like 20 miles apart).

What local report?  I am about as local as it gets.  The Tennessee Tech game was cancelled late yesterday.  That game was the reason why SMU was cancelled.  No word at all on who is up next...although AD Donati said there is a contingency plan.  Given the world today, probably several plans.

Not saying it wont happen.  Just saying there's no word on a replacement yet.  Credible or otherwise.

And 20 miles doesnt even get you halfway.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

7 hours ago, Fowl said:

Well Cincinnati and Temple would like a word.

You're about equal distance from the Florida schools as well as Tulsa, Memphis, and SMU.

Closer by a few hundred to ECU, Navy, and Houston.

Boise isn't going anywhere either, geography and attitude. If it makes you feel better part of the reason the AAC won't take Boise back is because they screwed SDSU from staying when they pulled their stunt.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

SD is, in fact, 100-200 miles closer (driving distance) to Tulsa and Dallas than Boise.  Gotta admit, that surprised me.  It aint as simple as looking at a map, though.

What local report?  I am about as local as it gets.  The Tennessee Tech game was cancelled late yesterday.  That game was the reason why SMU was cancelled.  No word at all on who is up next...although AD Donati said there is a contingency plan.  Given the world today, probably several plans.

Not saying it wont happen.  Just saying there's no word on a replacement yet.  Credible or otherwise.

And 20 miles doesnt even get you halfway.

They are 40.1 miles apart, by the skin of your teeth. I was just randomly picking a number to indicate they aren't far apart. 

The local report is a SMU guy who is upset that the game will be held at TCU for the 100th meeting. The person who I got the info from said the game was cleared by the Big XII, I messaged the SMU guy I know about getting the game back. He went off about not wanting the game at TCU, SMU is expecting big things this year. Even if they flip games around to make up for it, the 100th meeting and having a stacked team for the game won't come around again. He was genuinely upset about that, but happy to get to "kick the shit out of them" with this team anyway.

austin is a kinda known aac blogger..who has awful track record with "sourced info"..most noteable when the big 12 almost expanded..he was extremely vocal the memphis to the big 12 was already a done deal..and went on record to criticize other people sources who disagreed with his ..called fans out who questioned his sources..went on a couple radio shows to talking cincy and memphis to the big 12 all but done -went on about it for months 

literally days after one of his memphis to big 12 being a done deal post...the big 12 released a list of 10 schools that they would choose from if they were to expand... Memphis wasnt even top 10..so my point  dont bank on his sources

if by chance it is true, my guess is sdsu and air force.....air force wants to play the same semester as army and navy (united vision)..sdsu is close with the aac members, technically already a member, a projected contender next season (ny6 potential), and sdsu hasnt shown any major public support for the cancelling of fall.. the counter to them is "cali wont let them play" my retort is cali legislators arent sdsu admins..wouldnt be shocked to see "if the state lets us play can we join you guys for the year"

boise seems like the obvius choice from the surface level- history of self-serving and a contender next year, but boise and the aac arent friends. last time they spoke was in a lawsuit.also boises president has been vocal in support of the decision of postpone

unlv and colorado st make little sense to me, both were projected to be bad, thats a lot of trouble to have 1 bad season in another conference..

also this is random but there are multiple unlv fans coming for tulane in this forum, unlv has had 1 winning season in the last 20 years, tulane has had 2 winning season in the last 2 years..glass house much

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Boise and SDSU are not friends anymore. SDSU is one of the main schools pushing Boise out of their deal. 

Any coincidence that SDSU is becoming friendly with BYU at the same time?

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, pesik said:

austin is a kinda known aac blogger..who has awful track record with "sourced info"..most noteable when the big 12 almost expanded..he was extremely vocal the memphis to the big 12 was already a done deal..and went on record to criticize other people sources who disagreed with his ..called fans out who questioned his sources..went on a couple radio shows to talking cincy and memphis to the big 12 all but done -went on about it for months 

literally days after one of his memphis to big 12 being a done deal post...the big 12 released a list of 10 schools that they would choose from if they were to expand... Memphis wasnt even top 10..so my point  dont bank on his sources

if by chance it is true, my guess is sdsu and air force.....air force wants to play the same semester as army and navy (united vision)..sdsu is close with the aac members, technically already a member, a projected contender next season (ny6 potential), and sdsu hasnt shown any major public support for the cancelling of fall.. the counter to them is "cali wont let them play" my retort is cali legislators arent sdsu admins..wouldnt be shocked to see "if the state lets us play can we join you guys for the year"

boise seems like the obvius choice from the surface level- history of self-serving and a contender next year, but boise and the aac arent friends. last time they spoke was in a lawsuit.also boises president has been vocal in support of the decision of postpone

unlv and colorado st make little sense to me, both were projected to be bad, thats a lot of trouble to have 1 bad season in another conference..

also this is random but there are multiple unlv fans coming for tulane in this forum, unlv has had 1 winning season in the last 20 years, tulane has had 2 winning season in the last 2 years..glass house much

Technically they are.  SDSU is part of the CSU system and reports to the Chancellor of the CSU system.   The Chancellor reports to the CSU board of Trustees.

The California State University is administered by the 25 member Board of Trustees (BOT). Regulations of the BOT are codified in Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations (CCR). The BOT is composed of:[27][28][29]

• 16 members that are appointed by the Governor of California with the consent of the Senate
  • two students from the California State University appointed by the Governor
  • a tenured faculty member appointed by the Governor selected from a list of names from the Academic Senate
  • a representative of the alumni associations of the state university selected for a two-year term by the alumni council of the California State University
  • 5 ex officio members:
    • Governor
    • Lieutenant Governor
    • Speaker of the Assembly
    • State Superintendent of Public Instruction
    • the CSU Chancellor

32 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Boise and SDSU are not friends anymore. SDSU is one of the main schools pushing Boise out of their deal. 

Well surprise surprise.

I wonder if they are looking at the AAC deal and the general good will and equal support and thinking #$*$*% donkeys.

I said before that Boise is still playing the big bully, that it would hurt you. Trust me as soon as they can the rest of the MW will beat on anything Boise wants. Think hell in a cell, because the rockies and the pacific are the cage. 

Boise is very short term in thinking, you have already lost your dominance and any legitimate claim you had to extra money. You had a lever with the AAC and you broke it. So now you're trapped in the MW and you decide to sue them? Lol enjoy all the petty shit that comes with fighting with your neighbors.

3 hours ago, pesik said:

What I said was that Boise left the AAC because they brought in Tulane. And they certainly made a stink about it. None of us ever said UNLV was better than Tulane.

28 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

What I said was that Boise left the AAC because they brought in Tulane. And they certainly made a stink about it. None of us ever said UNLV was better than Tulane.

That is a myth that has been debunked like 4000 times.There is literally no evidence to suggest anyone had any issue with Tulane, While there is tons of evidence that tulane had nothing to do with why boise (and SDSU) left, and it was for other reasons. The timeline for blaming Tulane doesnt even make sense. Boise also did not make a stink about tulane joining, that is a fabrication. it was actually the opposite Boise's President praised the addition of tulane and adding an elite academic school. boise has never made a negative comment about tulane

Link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/boise-state-committed-to-the-big-east-says-president/

There are leaked AAC president emails that showed how it all went down. Boise left the AAC, because the AAC presidents refused to give boise a sweetheart deal. Boise Pinned the AAC and MWC against each other, saying theyd go to whoever allowed them to have a separate tv deal and to keep the revenue from that deal. The AAC presidents refused, The MWC presidents agreed. Boise then came back to the AAC and said they still stay in the aac if the aac matched the MWC deal..The AAC presidents refused again but asked for more information about the separate deal . Boise's president had told Mike aresco that they were in works with a deal with NBC to air every home game before ND. Aresco responded that the aac is splitting revenue equally but to proivide more information (maybe the aac could let boise keep the tv slots though the money would still be split evenly)..boise stops responding..presidents expect boise to leave 

link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/boise-state-applied-pressure-to-big-east-during-breakup-emails-show/

like i noted this topic has been discussed hundreds of times, everyone blaming Tulane has yet to bring any legitimate evidence to the table 

6 hours ago, RSF said:

More direct flights, too. 

19 minutes ago, pesik said:

That is a myth that has been debunked like 4000 times.There is literally no evidence to suggest anyone had any issue with Tulane, While there is tons of evidence that tulane had nothing to do with why boise (and SDSU) left, and it was for other reasons. The timeline for blaming Tulane doesnt even make sense. Boise also did not make a stink about tulane joining, that is a fabrication. it was actually the opposite Boise's President praised the addition of tulane and adding an elite academic school. boise has never made a negative comment about tulane

Link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/boise-state-committed-to-the-big-east-says-president/

There are leaked AAC president emails that showed how it all went down. Boise left the AAC, because the AAC presidents refused to give boise a sweetheart deal. Boise Pinned the AAC and MWC against each other, saying theyd go to whoever allowed them to have a separate tv deal and to keep the revenue from that deal. The AAC presidents refused, The MWC presidents agreed. Boise then came back to the AAC and said they still stay in the aac if the aac matched the MWC deal..The AAC presidents refused again but asked for more information about the separate deal . Boise's president had told Mike aresco that they were in works with a deal with NBC to air every home game before ND. Aresco responded that the aac is splitting revenue equally but to proivide more information (maybe the aac could let boise keep the tv slots though the money would still be split evenly)..boise stops responding..presidents expect boise to leave 

link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/boise-state-applied-pressure-to-big-east-during-breakup-emails-show/

like i noted this topic has been discussed hundreds of times, everyone blaming Tulane has yet to bring any legitimate evidence to the table 

Dang, it was tongue in cheek. I just really don't care why Boise left.

But I believe you.