Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

So which two MW teams have been talking to the AAC

C. Austin Cox

@CAustinCox

Multiple Sources: Two different Mountain West schools reached out to personnel from athletic departments in the American Athletic Conference on Friday to "feel out the situation" in regards to football, moving, and more on Friday.

It wasn't CSU, we're too determined to embrace mediocrity.

It wasn't Wyoming, they don't like getting laughed at.

SJSU had their phones shut off for late payments.

I'm guessing that BSU was looking to play more of the blackmail game and once again got SDSU to stooge along for show.

15 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Hey @JoeBlo @#1Stunner @mugtang

Told ya. The next time I tell you I've heard something JoeBlo you might wanna take it a little more serious..

Mug, if you want a little more info PM me. I'm not ready to spill everything on the forum yet. To many unknowns. Plus Covid has made people a tad nuts.

SJSU and Hawaii?

Guest #1Stunner
51 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Told ya. The next time I tell you I've heard something JoeBlo you might wanna take it a little more serious..

Mug, if you want a little more info PM me. I'm not ready to spill everything on the forum yet. To many unknowns. Plus Covid has made people a tad nuts.

Might be time for BYU to sponsor Boise State's membership into the WCC.

Rumor that a few WCC schools are in dire financial shape and their sports programs might not survive.  WCC would need a couple replacements.

@OrediggerPoke

Guest #1Stunner
28 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

@JoeBlo eating humble pie right now.

But he's a UTEP fan and has probably dreamed of this moment.  UTEP desperately hoping for MWC membership.

2 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Half right; it was SJSU and Colorado College.  

Maybe, but my sources tell me Colorado College is next in line for the PAC 12 ( don't tell CSU) higher academics and such.

I'm sorry are you using C. Austin Cox as a source? Might want to take a peek at his record.

Ibanez you just throw whatever shit you can against the wall to see what sticks. Your predictions in the MW football for fall literally were, we are playing conference only, we are playing full schedule, we aren't playing at all.

You literally suggested you would bring basketball only with football to the AAC which isn't even permitted in the NCAA rules.

You claimed you predicted the BYU new media contract and didn't even know what the old one was or the new one.

There are two teams and stunner might end up real happy, but I mentioned this was in the discussion a while ago. BYU, AFA, and Army are all getting talked about as temporary AAC teams, the Academies for Navy (surprise this one is pretty accurate) who carries water in the league (as I told you earlier today) and BYU is the AAC's wet dream.

Boise isn't getting an offer sorry.

Just now, Ibanez said:

Question. Why not UNLV?

Don't think UNLV would reach out to the AAC............might see AAC reaching out to UNLV though with new FB complex & Stadium 

AAC seems more desperate to gain something anything - UNLV FB is still not an enticement for most conferences unless they are playing the "come bet" (Craps table term) 

Just now, Ibanez said:

No. Like I said, Boise State wants full membership for Football and Men and Women's hoops. I'll give you a hint. Tom Hanks played a man named Joe. Its in the title. That's how this conference works.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Again it's all sports with basketball. That is an NCAA rule.

If Boise is calling this is going to be embarassing for you all. 

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, JoeBlo said:

I'm sorry are you using C. Austin Cox as a source? Might want to take a peek at his record.

Ibanez you just throw whatever shit you can against the wall to see what sticks. Your predictions in the MW football for fall literally were, we are playing conference only, we are playing full schedule, we aren't playing at all.

You literally suggested you would bring basketball only with football to the AAC which isn't even permitted in the NCAA rules.

You claimed you predicted the BYU new media contract and didn't even know what the old one was or the new one.

There are two teams and stunner might end up real happy, but I mentioned this was in the discussion a while ago. BYU, AFA, and Army are all getting talked about as temporary AAC teams, the Academies for Navy (surprise this one is pretty accurate) who carries water in the league (as I told you earlier today) and BYU is the AAC's wet dream.

Boise isn't getting an offer sorry.

What are UTEP's plans?

Remember, UTEP petitioned the MWC for membership a few years ago, but was denied when they couldn't deliver the Sun Bowl.  

Plus, who can forget this debacle:

https://youtu.be/XcJKFAy5yg8

7 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

No. Like I said, Boise State wants full membership for Football and Men and Women's hoops. I'll give you a hint. Tom Hanks played a man named Joe. Its in the title. That's how this conference works.

So, I was half right.....