Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

the 90 minute presentation that flipped the PAC12 from playing to not

6 hours ago, sactowndog said:

All I will say is the top medical schools reside in the PAC-12, Big 10 and Ivy League.  None of them are playing fall sports.   If you want to trust your kids health to Docs at the University of Mississippi or Arkansas go right ahead.  

You don’t trust doctors in states with a high percentage of black citizens?   Or do you just like looking down on the south cuz it makes you feel big. 

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

That is fine you go by the Doc's in the SEC and I will go by the Doc's in the Pac12.  BTW, it's not completely academic to me as my nephew is a senior football player at USC.

And no the Doc who head University of Mississippi Med School attended Miss. State and Old Miss.

https://olemiss.edu/info/bios/woodward.html

Is that a dog whistle?

The University of Mississippi has one of the highest numbers of African American physicians on staff.

Why are you suggesting that they are not smart enough to respond?

https://www.umc.edu/som/Departments and Offices/SOM Administrative Offices/SOM Admissions/Diversity-Commitment.html

1 hour ago, brillio said:

You don’t trust doctors in states with a high percentage of black citizens?   Or do you just like looking down on the south cuz it makes you feel big. 

Where does black have anything to do with it.   I don’t trust doctors in states where college football is religion.  

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Is that a dog whistle?

The University of Mississippi has one of the highest numbers of African American physicians on staff.

Why are you suggesting that they are not smart enough to respond?

https://www.umc.edu/som/Departments and Offices/SOM Administrative Offices/SOM Admissions/Diversity-Commitment.html

Is Brillo you alter ego?   Why are you bringing race into sports board?   This is about football as a religion and prestige of the medical school.  Both work against the SEC looking at Medicine over football.  

A relative of mine is being recruited to play football. He’s going to sit out this year (playing) and try to renter next year. His parents and most of the family have discussed the issue with him. They have concluded, that the schools/conferences that care more about football revenue than kids have to be excluded. Yes, he had offers from schools still playing. They just cared more about the health of their child and the country, more than football. But, unless this gets worse, he’ll probably be playing in the MWC next year, because they seem to care...?

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Is Brillo you alter ego?   Why are you bringing race into sports board?   This is about football as a religion and prestige of the medical school.  Both work against the SEC looking at Medicine over football.  

Football as a religion?

This is about the opinions of medical professionals.  You told everyone on here that Mississippi had inferior doctors working at their school.   Then posted a link to a female physician.    Hmmmm...

What is your basis for saying that this accomplished woman's medical opinion is invalid?

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Football as a religion?

This is about the opinions of medical professionals.  You told everyone on here that Mississippi had inferior doctors working at their school.   Then posted a link to a female physician.    Hmmmm...

What is your basis for saying that this accomplished woman's medical opinion is invalid?

Happy to take it to the politics board @#1Stunner

On 8/15/2020 at 9:47 AM, #1Stunner said:

There are smart people on all sides here.

Some arguing that you'll get permanent heart and lung damage if you get Covid, and be an invalid for the rest of your life.  Truly a scary thought, if true.   But, others are arguing that getting heart complications would be about as common as winning the lottery and becoming a billionaire...

Who is right?

Not will get, CAN get. And not necessarily be an invalid but have permanent damage to one or more crucial body organs.

I have to wonder whether the inflexible position of people like Bob might change if he had a son on the football roster of one of the conferences still intending to play this fall. PCS typically doesn't present until decades after a football career is finished. However, negative results of survival from an ICU bout with COVID-19 appear to be immediate and the point is that person's life will never be the same.

BTW, on Michael Smirconish's show yesterday the survey question was whether fall college football should be shut down. Of just <15K responses, 89% said yes.

1 hour ago, Koji Vu said:

Just think. If the current President of the United States of America hadn't tried to torpedo our nation's COVID-19 response, we wouldn't be able to have these enlightening discussions in this thread. #ThanksDonald!

On his show yesterday Smirconish also had on a pollster who said that of respondents from Wisconsin, 65% said the Badgers should play this fall. Wisconsin being a swing state, the guy therefore opined it might not be a good idea for Biden to outright oppose the playing of football this fall. He could be right.

"An LSU infectious diseases expert seemed to call out the decisions by the Big Ten and Pac-12 as part of a Q&A with The Athletic.

"I would say we have seen enough to develop a safe plan. They have not," Dr. Catherine O'Neal said.

Not to disparage Dr. Neal at all, but if she had opined it wasn't safe to play college football this fall, I'm not sure she'd be representing the SEC much longer," said Tom Mars, a prominent Arkansas-based attorney who has battled the NCAA on eligibility issues.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/battle-over-playing-2020-college-football-season-intensifies-as-no-one-can-get-on-the-same-page/