Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

All incumbents need to be voted out

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/congress-stimulus-delay-september/index.html

These people are a fucking joke.  All they’re doing is playing politics with peoples lives.  Every single one of these mother phuckers needs to be voted out of office.  Republican or Democrat it doesn’t matter.  If you vote for an incumbent in 2020 you’re voting for more of this.  #NoIncumbents2020

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's pathetic.

They’re all playing politics.  Every one of them needs to be voted out.  Phuck then all. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

21 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

a01.gif

How did we burn through $3.4 Trillion in free money in 4 months?  Are we just doing UBI until the end of the pandemic?  How are we not going to have a country-busting debt crisis after this?

Once this is all said and done there’s going to be a reckoning and people are going to need to be held accountable. Other than the PPP loan program, they should’ve done a UBI.  We would probably be better off at this point. 

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Once this is all said and done there’s going to be a reckoning and people are going to need to be held accountable. Other than the PPP loan program, they should’ve done a UBI.  We would probably be better off at this point. 

Yeah, I've been thinking about this when the rescue bills started. From what I've heard, had it not been for WWII FDR's CCC program would have run out of money and the Depression would have continued. 

When George Dubbya gave each of us $100 checks, I asked myself how could we afford this?  Now look. 

I know it’s popular around here to rip both parties as “equally bad” but come on.

Group A: people need money to survive this crisis. Let’s give them a bunch.

Group B: we want to give them a free ball-in-the-cup game.

A: I mean, there’s some room to move, but....

B: ball. In. The. Cup.

A: how does that even help?

B: you’re right. The string disincentivizes work.

A: Were not signing a bill that doesn’t provide money.

B: HOW DARE YOU POLITICIZE THE BALLINTHECUP GAME

8 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I know it’s popular around here to rip both parties as “equally bad” but come on.

Group A: people need money to survive this crisis. Let’s give them a bunch.

Group B: we want to give them a free ball-in-the-cup game.

A: I mean, there’s some room to move, but....

B: ball. In. The. Cup.

A: how does that even help?

B: you’re right. The string disincentivizes work.

A: Were not signing a bill that doesn’t provide money.

B: HOW DARE YOU POLITICIZE THE BALLINTHECUP GAME

1.1 trillion is a ball in a cup?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

a01.gif

How did we burn through $3.4 Trillion in free money in 4 months?  Are we just doing UBI until the end of the pandemic?  How are we not going to have a country-busting debt crisis after this?

It was half that. The 3.4 number is the current bill proposed by the house. We burned through it because our economy shrunk by 9% last quarter which comes out to 1.8 trillion.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

34 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

1.1 trillion is a ball in a cup?

It’s a pro-virus bill. 

Now having said that, the democrats should still take it. It’s marginally better than nothing, and they are in a poor negotiating position. Not taking the deal is incompetent, but I’ll take incompetence over straight up evil any day. 

19 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

Term limits for all government officials should have been implemented along with presidential term limits.  Everyone gets 2 terms to serve.  Overturning Citizen United would be a nice bonus.  

this

2 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

Term limits for all government officials should have been implemented along with presidential term limits.  Everyone gets 2 terms to serve.  Overturning Citizen United would be a nice bonus.  

If you want to further this country be run by corporations do the above.   A better answer is federal funding for elections and quit having the best Congress money can buy.

12 hours ago, aztech said:

Yeah, I've been thinking about this when the rescue bills started. From what I've heard, had it not been for WWII FDR's CCC program would have run out of money and the Depression would have continued. 

When George Dubbya gave each of us $100 checks, I asked myself how could we afford this?  Now look. 

I’m glad about 1/3 of my retirement is in Roth IRA and Roth 401k accounts.

11 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

If you consider the 14th amendment constitutional, then Citizens United is 100% constitutional.

A corporation is a person. A United States citizen is a person.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

16 hours ago, mugtang said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/congress-stimulus-delay-september/index.html

These people are a +++++ing joke.  All they’re doing is playing politics with peoples lives.  Every single one of these mother phuckers needs to be voted out of office.  Republican or Democrat it doesn’t matter.  If you vote for an incumbent in 2020 you’re voting for more of this.  #NoIncumbents2020

Congress (pretty much) always has been, and always will be a lobby for the B.A.R. association. 

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

48 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

If you consider the 14th amendment constitutional, then Citizens United is 100% constitutional.

A corporation is a person. A United States citizen is a person.

They really don't like it when you say that, but legally you are correct. A corporation has all the legal rights of a person except they cannot vote or hold public office. This is very longstanding legal precedent. 

10 hours ago, sactowndog said:

If you want to further this country be run by corporations do the above.   A better answer is federal funding for elections and quit having the best Congress money can buy.

How is this any different than it is now for Christ sakes as far as corporations running our country?  It isn’t going to get any better than it is right now.