Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Trump admits to sabotaging USPS

On 8/13/2020 at 8:44 AM, IanforHeisman said:

And for the cry-whiners that don’t think Vice is a left wing hack source of news, the best bias rating site (All Sides) has them as far left as you can get. I love how people on the left create websites on fact checking, bias, etc. as if they’re appointed by God to be the stalwarts of neutrality and fairness. The other bias site is one of those.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/vice-media-bias

kat.jpg

14 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

And for the cry-whiners that don’t think Vice is a left wing hack source of news, the best bias rating site (All Sides) has them as far left as you can get. I love how people on the left create websites on fact checking, bias, etc. as if they’re appointed by God to be the stalwarts of neutrality and fairness. The other bias site is one of those.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-admits-he-wants-block-usps-funding-sabotage-mail-voting-2020-8

rJqi9rE.png

42 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

cry-whiners

WTF is a cry-whiner? 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Everybody should adopt Nevada’s voting system.  You can early vote starting mid October, you can vote at any precinct in the county, you can vote by absentee ballot if you want to.  Making it harder for people to vote to try to win an election means the issue is you and your message.  

Same here in Arizona. Close to 78% of all voters do so by mail.

People, not a fan.

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

you're welcome....

The more I read about this, the angrier it makes me. If trump is successful at sabotaging this election (only way he can win), then I’m gonna get behind the movement for California to become its own country. That’s the only logical move. I give it six months before we start accepting starving refugees from red states. 

If the USPS made corporations pay their fair share, it would have the money it needed and then some. 

But the USPS does not make the rich pay their fair share for its services. Corporations pay a much lower rate for much higher levels of service. The working class inversely pays a much higher rate for substantially fewer services. 

See how that government company stuff works? It's almost like we warned about this kind of thing 235ish years ago.

But yeah, boo boo face for USPS, poor corporate bureaucrats :(

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

10 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

The more I read about this, the angrier it makes me. If trump is successful at sabotaging this election (only way he can win), then I’m gonna get behind the movement for California to become its own country. That’s the only logical move. I give it six months before we start accepting starving refugees from red states. 

I wouldn’t.  I would grin and bear another 4 years.  Breaking up the United States is the ultimate goal of foreign interference (read the Russian sponsors of the past CA succession campaigns).  

On 8/13/2020 at 11:17 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

May want to be sure you are mailing it from a prosperous census tract, because I will not doubt poor ones are going to have some issues with the mail that week.  I don't trust the postmaster, and am sure he is going to manipulate the postal service to his way.

Very true.    It’s classic banana republic playbook tactics.  Drive your ballot to an elections drop box not controlled by the feds.   

2 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

If the USPS made corporations pay their fair share, it would have the money it needed and then some. 

But the USPS does not make the rich pay their fair share for its services. Corporations pay a much lower rate for much higher levels of service. The working class inversely pays a much higher rate for substantially fewer services. 

See how that government company stuff works? It's almost like we warned about this kind of thing 235ish years ago.

I’m starting to wonder if maytard is a Russian plant....

3 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

BFD. Buy stock in those corporations, I did.

2 hours ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

I wouldn’t.  I would grin and bear another 4 years.  Breaking up the United States is the ultimate goal of foreign interference (read the Russian sponsors of the past CA succession campaigns).  

They’ve already succeeded. Hawaii can come with us.