Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Trump admits to sabotaging USPS

How many times has he or a surrogate said their true intentions out loud, but then argued in court that their true intentions are something closer to a constitutional reason? Maybe every time.

If you want your vote to count this year as a mail-in vote, find a way to drive it to a ballot drop-off. That's what I do every election anyways... fill out the mail-in the morning of and drop it at a polling place. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I flip vintage electronics and other stuff on eBay as a little side hobby and shipping delays from USPS have become a +++++ing joke. This doesn't just affect (effect?) voting, small businesses who depend on USPS are going to feel the brunt of this, but I doubt this administration cares.  

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

This is a miscalculation and the reaction is going to be making election day a federal holiday finally. 

Don't most states allow early voting, or voting over multiple days already?

If not, they should.   There is no point in only allowing voting on one day.   This can be done over multiple days.

Here is what California does:

Vote on election day

All registered voters in California will receive a ballot by mail. However, in-person voting locations will be available to voters. Polling locations may be found online by visiting the Secretary of State's My Voter Status tool.

Vote early

California voters can also vote before Election Day. The early voting period runs from Monday, October 5, 2020 to Monday, November 2, 2020, but dates and hours may vary based on where you live. Early voting and vote-by-mail ballot drop off locations may be found on the Secretary of State's Early Voting website.

What to bring

• If you've voted in California before, you don't need to show ID.
  • If you're a first-time voter who registered by mail, and didn't include your driver's license number, California ID number, or the last 4 digits of your Social Security number on your registration, you may be asked to provide ID when you vote. Acceptable forms include: copy of a recent utility bill, the sample ballot booklet you received from your county elections office or another document sent to you by a government agency, a US passport, driver license, official state identification card, or student identification card showing your name and photograph.
  • Voters without ID: If you are unable to provide ID, you will be able to vote a provisional ballot.

16 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

I flip vintage electronics and other stuff on eBay as a little side hobby and shipping delays from USPS have become a +++++ing joke. This doesn't just affect (effect?) voting, small businesses who depend on USPS are going to feel the brunt of this, but I doubt this administration cares.  

My company still receives a lot of payments via check by mail (customers are police/fire/ems services) and we started noticing the mail get weird back in June but didn't think much of it. Specifically we noticed large batches of mail would show up in rubber bands that were much older than the rest of the mail in the box. I'm guessing it's related, sad. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/13/kudlow-money-voting-rights-liberal-left-wish-list-394715

WHITE HOUSE

Kudlow: Money for voting rights is a ‘really liberal left’ wish list item

The comments came hours after Trump explicitly tied blocking funding for the Postal Service to stopping universal mail-in voting.

White House chief economic adviser Larry Kudlow speaks to reporters outside the West Wing of the White House. | AP Photo

White House chief economic adviser Larry Kudlow speaks to reporters outside the West Wing of the White House. | Andrew Harnik/AP Photo

By MAX COHEN

08/13/2020 10:54 AM EDT

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow on Thursday labeled voting rights funding a "really liberal left" wish list item, slamming congressional Democrats for their coronavirus relief package demands.

The comments from a top administration official came hours after President Donald Trump explicitly tied blocking funding for the U.S. Postal Service to stopping universal mail-in voting during November’s election.

I don’t get the outrage? I’ve voted for years by mail. It’s just easier and I can take my time and put some thought into the “secondary” elections — as half the time all the different names blur together in those races. 

1 hour ago, Fort Fun said:

Affect. You can remember it because a = action = verb. Effect is a noun. I am a bot.

27 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I don’t get the outrage? I’ve voted for years by mail. It’s just easier and I can take my time and put some thought into the “secondary” elections — as half the time all the different names blur together in those races. 

Yeah it’ll actually be nice this year not to be googling people I’ve never heard of from inside the booth.

42 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Yeah it’ll actually be nice this year not to be googling people I’ve never heard of from inside the booth.

California sends out the ballot information before hand. You could always spend a few hours prep so you are an informed voter.

4 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

California sends out the ballot information before hand. You could always spend a few hours prep so you are an informed voter.

It was a joke. I obviously just vote whichever way George soros pays me to.

8 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

It was a joke. I obviously just vote whichever way George soros pays me to.

How much does a vote go for these days?

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

May want to be sure you are mailing it from a prosperous census tract, because I will not doubt poor ones are going to have some issues with the mail that week.  I don't trust the postmaster, and am sure he is going to manipulate the postal service to his way.