Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Poll: Did Biden Make the Right Choice?

Biden Harris   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on Harris as VP

• A 10, as in Bo Derek. She’s hot & willing to do things to be prez, including giving Joe special big hugs to keep him awake.
    • 9.95 Will deliver the black vote, & she’s even 6% Asian to boot! A racial 2-fer!!
    • Pretty good choice.
    • Good choice, but disappointed my pick didn’t make it.
    • Good to Fair Choice.
    • THANK YOU JOE !! He would’ve accomplished more had he just picked his nose.

Just had a long conversation with the Alpha female in my home. 

She thinks Biden's pick of Harris is to get the conservative women's vote.  Those who like the fact she was a prosecutor who upheld the laws. And from those who don't like Trumps obvious bias towards women of power and his record of treating women like play things.  

She thinks it's good pick for Biden, even though it may hurt in some areas because of her (Harris) track record on sending people to jail.

Thought I'd share a females perspective. 

Carry on.

45 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

No they don't---there is a rapidly growing contingent of independent thinking black voters that just aren't buying what CNN and liberals are selling them anymore---you can only play the "X is a racist" card so many times before it loses its staying power--- and Biden/Harris are the LAST two people that are going to change that. They don't have the energy, power, or charisma. All they've done is ruin countless black lives in their career either by policy (Biden) or personal ambition (Harris). Kamala Harris who swore herself into Congress as an Indian American is going to be the biggest failure to secure the black vote in history.  If only Michelle Obama could've taken a break from their lavish vacations and shopping sprees to run for VP then it would be a completely different story. 

You really got to get out of the liberal college campus bubble, professor Doogie---you're getting out of touch. You think voters give a sh*t about some tweet? They care about getting an extra $400 unemployment and another $1200 check amidst the pandemic. and liberal congress is going to threaten to sue Trump by extending their benefits! LOL. We'll see how that blows over with black voters.  What did they get under 8 years of Obama/Biden again? a phone? LOL

Its gonna be a fun year. 

Black Trump supporters are a tiny minority. It’s a grift for most of the more vocal social media/conservative TV contributors. Really, Black Trump-Supporter Personalities are platformed to assure white Trump voters that they aren’t racist, not to convince other black folks to vote for Trump. Reassurance is their raison d’etre insofaras they exist in the conservative media sphere.  Hell, I say make that money. More power to them, all politics is grift anyway.

In 2016 Trump did 2 points better (8%) than Romney in 2012. That was mostly due to the fact that a lot of black folks stayed home. He won’t significantly overperform that. 

I know this because of polling, statistics, and the fact that I actually talk to black people in real life. 

I think it’s unlikely Trump gets 11% or more of the black vote (3% improvement from 2016). Who knows though, I’ve been wrong before.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

33 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Black Trump supporters are a tiny minority. It’s a grift for most of the more vocal social media/conservative TV contributors. Really, Black Trump-Supporter Personalities are platformed to assure white Trump voters that they aren’t racist, not to convince other black folks to vote for Trump. Reassurance is their raison d’etre insofaras they exist in the conservative media sphere.  Hell, I say make that money. More power to them, all politics is grift anyway.

In 2016 Trump did 2 points better (8%) than Romney in 2012. That was mostly due to the fact that a lot of black folks stayed home. He won’t significantly overperform that. 

I know this because of polling, statistics, and the fact that I actually talk to black people in real life. 

I think it’s unlikely Trump gets 11% or more of the black vote (3% improvement from 2016). Who knows though, I’ve been wrong before.

I'm not talking about any cringe-worthy influencers. I doubt you've talked to many outside of your bubble--no offense but since you don't work in the 'real world'/private sector, you're naturally more inclined to be out of touch with what real everyday working Americans believe...If I wanted to know what pompous college campus ideologues believed, you would be the foremost authority---btw props to you for getting your masters and whatever else you're studying. 

back to the topic matter...Kamala Harris will do more harm than good with black voters and will push the needle in Trump's favor. She's a fraud who has identified as an Indian-American her entire life until Obama became president. She's spent most of her career persecuting blacks as opposed to lifting them up. She lied about smoking weed and listening to Tupac/Snoop in college when she graduated in 1986 before they even released their first album (almost as pathetic of a pandering attempt as when Hillary said she keeps a bottle of hot sauce in her purse to black voters).---She hasn't even begin to be put on blast for her history yet, and the more people know the more she will fall out of favor. 

image.png.42ec38ab41b4dc35260e0c3280658b20.png

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

I'm not talking about any cringe-worthy influencers. I doubt you've talked to many outside of your bubble--no offense but since you don't work in the 'real world'/private sector, you're naturally more inclined to be out of touch with what real everyday working Americans believe...If I wanted to know what pompous college campus ideologues believed, you would be the foremost authority---btw props to you for getting your masters and whatever else you're studying. 

back to the topic matter...Kamala Harris will do more harm than good with black voters and will push the needle in Trump's favor. She's a fraud who has identified as an Indian-American her entire life until Obama became president. She's spent most of her career persecuting blacks as opposed to lifting them up. She lied about smoking weed and listening to Tupac/Snoop in college when she graduated in 1986 before they even released their first album (almost as pathetic of a pandering attempt as when Hillary said she keeps a bottle of hot sauce in her purse to black voters).---She hasn't even begin to be put on blast for her history yet, and the more people know the more she will fall out of favor. 

image.png.42ec38ab41b4dc35260e0c3280658b20.png

What do you mean push the needle in Trump's favor. Like Trump will get 51 percent plus of the black vote?

Biden totally screwed up the process by narrowing the field to black females before announcing his pick.  Not most qualified, just black females need apply.  He should've kept us in suspense and included whites and males on the list.  Now everyone knows Kamala got picked because of race and gender and she loses credibility.  Biden and the DNC blew it.

38 minutes ago, toonkee said:

What do you mean push the needle in Trump's favor. Like Trump will get 51 percent plus of the black vote?

lol, no of course not. Kinda silly you would even ask that dude. If you look at my OP on Page 5 of this thread, I said Trump's odds of winning would drastically improve if he flips 3-6% more of the black vote in battleground states to win (and that Kamala is key to that)

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

lol, no of course not. Kinda silly you would even ask that dude. If you look at my OP on Page 5 of this thread, I said Trump's odds of winning would drastically improve if he flips 3-6% more of the black vote in battleground states to win. 

Oh okay

8 hours ago, retrofade said:

I'd love to see the tape. If I'm wrong, then I'll admit it. But the 6% Asian thing makes zero sense for anyone to say, but I'm guessing that if it happened it was a misspeak. :shrug:

I’m searching YouTube right now. It’s saved on my DVR, so if I have to, I’ll just record the TV. Her father is black and her mother is South Asian in decent. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

lol, no of course not. Kinda silly you would even ask that dude. If you look at my OP on Page 5 of this thread, I said Trump's odds of winning would drastically improve if he flips 3-6% more of the black vote in battleground states to win (and that Kamala is key to that)

It’s going to be decided in the debates when most voters start paying attention and see the contrast between the two on issues, etc. 

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

That's not what I said. I said she would be the best looking VP if elected. Who, in your opinion, would be better looking out of past VPs?

She would be the first, so it’s a pointless request. Comparing Men vs Women on looks is apples and oranges. Ferraro & Palin tried to get elected as VP’s and lost. and now it’s her turn to try. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I’m searching YouTube right now. It’s saved on my DVR, so if I have to, I’ll just record the TV. Her father is black and her mother is South Asian in decent. 

Her mother isn't South Asian "in descent", her mom is literally from India.

50 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Her mother isn't South Asian "in descent", her mom is literally from India.

By definition, “South Asian” IS India and a some other midget countries. Apparently you don’t have to have slanted eyes to be considered Asian. 

South Asian Countries:
India 
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Nepal
Bhutan
Maldives
Sri Lanka

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

By definition, “South Asian” IS India and a few other midget countries. Apparently you don’t have to have slanted eyes to be considered Asian. 

Uhhh, that's my point, dumbass. You claimed that her mom was South Asian "in descent", when her mom was South Asian in actuality. 

10 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Uhhh, that's my point, dumbass. You claimed that her mom was South Asian "in descent", when her mom was South Asian in actuality. 

Why are you so wrong all the time? Seriously, I’m curious. Do you do it to troll or do you do it for the attention? 

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2020/if-the-d-a-is-of-half-asian-descent-why-does-the-press-label-her-black/

“A minority of the stories I read about Harris leading up to her election provided information about her mixed ethnic background. Her father is black; her mother is of South Asian descent. I even recall reading that Harris is proud of her partial Asian heritage.“

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

Why are you so wrong all the time? Seriously, I’m curious. Do you do it to troll or do you do it for the attention? 

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2020/if-the-d-a-is-of-half-asian-descent-why-does-the-press-label-her-black/

“A minority of the stories I read about Harris leading up to her election provided information about her mixed ethnic background. Her father is black; her mother is of South Asian descent. I even recall reading that Harris is proud of her partial Asian heritage.“

Y'know, it's not worth it with you anymore. My point is that her mom is literally South Asian by virtue of her being Indian. Kamala is half black, and half Indian.

Just as a question, is Nikki Haley of "South Asian descent" as well? Both of her parents are Indian. 

It's hilarious how Trumpistan thinks blacks are gonna vote Trump. Like he is the great liberator.

Everytime you turn around Faux News and the RW media are constantly ripping on BLM, minority caucuses and minorities in general.  They constantly pinprick these movements in an attempt to devalue or nullify their existence.

Yet, blacks are gonna be the secret Electorate that keeps the Donald in the WH.

:rotflmfao:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Y'know, it's not worth it with you anymore. My point is that her mom is literally South Asian by virtue of her being Indian. Kamala is half black, and half Indian.

Just as a question, is Nikki Haley of "South Asian descent" as well? Both of her parents are Indian. 

Just to inform you, you can be from India and also be referred to as having Indian descent. 

Why do you imply that I don’t like people from South Asia and/or India? That’s really weird. Of course Nikki Haley is, and I don’t have any problem with anyone coming from anywhere, except for people that come from your house. 😂👍

kat.jpg

On 8/11/2020 at 10:36 PM, RamSack said:

I wouldn’t discount the Indian vote. There are a lot of them in the US and many of them are highly educated. I could see many of them voting for Biden/Harris just because of the Indian descent.

In the Joe Biden non diverse minority voting block world view, that might be true but, her mother is Tamil. In a society that still practices caste discrimination even in the US, don’t expect Indian Americans to get excited about her just because she’s south Asian.