Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Poll: Did Biden Make the Right Choice?

Biden Harris   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on Harris as VP

• A 10, as in Bo Derek. She’s hot & willing to do things to be prez, including giving Joe special big hugs to keep him awake.
    • 9.95 Will deliver the black vote, & she’s even 6% Asian to boot! A racial 2-fer!!
    • Pretty good choice.
    • Good choice, but disappointed my pick didn’t make it.
    • Good to Fair Choice.
    • THANK YOU JOE !! He would’ve accomplished more had he just picked his nose.

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

I think you're wrong. People know that Biden's health is so fragile that should he be elected that his VP will likely be president at some point.

Biden's health? I recently saw Joe drink a glass of water...with one hand.

Picking that gal who who ripped you a new asshole and almost derailed your campaign, smart move.

Now, turn her loose on the Donald.

Personally, I would have picked Pelosi. Not for her politics, but because most in the Trumpistan world consider her an assassin. Just ask Steve Bannon and his staff how they feel about her 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, robe said:

The problem is the billionaires are pumping money into Joes campaign. 

We need to hold the classes of morons at bay and screw the middle class, billionaires are all over that. Trump is the working mans President. 

Trump destroyed the Dems with his executive orders. Now they have to go to court to take away money from the unemployed. That won’t go over well. 

Tax cuts that overwhelmingly benefitted the wealthy. Trade War with China that cost loads of jobs. A bailoit that overwhelmingly benefitted the wealthy. Evisceration of health/safety and environmental laws..

Yeah, The Donald is the working man's Prez.

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I don't think it moves the needle either way politically but this was a terrible pick. If he is looking for an advocate for his presidency and an agent to effect his agenda he is going to quickly find that the only thing Kamala Harris cares about is Kamala Harris.

True about every politician.

It used to be a Veep pick was about trying to win a Battle Ground State or to solidify a portion of your party that was threatening to withhold their support in the General.

This pick is likely to be the defacto President. She will run the day to day business of the country. He will be a figurehead.

I would would have picked a Guv with solid Executive experience.

Americans Mayor

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

Are you kidding me? Biden would take 100% credit for "getting a black female into the Oval Office". Nothing would be a bigger feather in his cap. He fancies himself as a benevolent civil rights activist and in his perverted mind  he would have "changed the world" or some shit and it would be 100% because of him all because he ceded his position to a black woman, half-black, whatever. He's so stupid i can see it

Man woman camera...

Who’s stupid?

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, youngredbullfan said:

No one who would've voted for Biden will refuse to vote for him because of Kamala. 

No one who would've voted for Trump will now vote for Biden because of Kamala. 

It literally does not matter. 

Sometimes it does matter.

I think John McCain got hurt in a huge way when he selected Sarah Palin.

That said the media really attacked Palin as being a buffoon, and they won't do that to Kamala (she isn't an idiot)

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I don't think it moves the needle either way politically but this was a terrible pick. If he is looking for an advocate for his presidency and an agent to effect his agenda he is going to quickly find that the only thing Kamala Harris cares about is Kamala Harris.

She's the worst kind of Politician. 

Really comes across as phony. 

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I think he made the RIGHT choice because it’s going to make it easier for the RIGHT to win. Being as nasty as she can be, she’s also going to keep Trump donations RIGHT on track, not to mention she’s going to motivate the GOP to the polls for all the RIGHT reasons. Who in their RIGHT mind would want her anywhere near the presidency? 

By the way, it’s true that she’s 6% Asian. There was a lefty dude on Fox tonight that boasted the Asian part and claiming it will help his Asian vote. RIGHT !!!

Thanks for the wildly racist analysis and poll options, Convert. 

Biden chose Harris because he doesn't want to lose liberals who are uncomfortable with protesting leftists. All he really has to do is thread the very wide chasm between "not Trump" and "not CHAZ" (and not have all of the election interference made Trump win but I digress). Harris fits that bill pretty perfectly. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Very bad pick.  Wait until Biden’s health fades and Harris is put in charge. Trump is low IQ harmless. Harris is high IQ dangerous. 

So your argument is that we should vote for the dumbest person to be president?

2 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

No one who would've voted for Biden will refuse to vote for him because of Kamala. 

No one who would've voted for Trump will now vote for Biden because of Kamala. 

It literally does not matter. 

That's the way I see it too.  She doesn't move the needle at all.  She doesn't deliver a battleground state and she doesn't even help deliver the black vote.  She didn't run a very good primary campaign and she didn't perform all that well in the primary debates.

If Biden wanted an attack dog he should have chosen Liz Warren.  If he wanted someone to deliver a battleground state, or a particular group of voters, he should have picked someone else.

Now, among other things, both Biden and Harris have to figure out a way to deal with her saying she believed the women who have accused Biden of inappropriate, sexual, behavior.  Then they can move on to the accusations she made against Biden in the debates. 

IMO, her baggage isn't worth whatever it is Biden believes she brings to the ticket.  I honestly don't see the attraction, but I am glad he made such a poor choice in a running mate.  If anything, this pick helps Trump as much as it helps Biden.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Very bad pick.  Wait until Biden’s health fades and Harris is put in charge. Trump is low IQ harmless. Harris is high IQ dangerous. 

Your responses to this thread makes me think that Biden actually made a great pick in selecting her.

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

That's the way I see it too.  She doesn't move the needle at all.  She doesn't deliver a battleground state and she doesn't even help deliver the black vote.  She didn't run a very good primary campaign and she didn't perform all that well in the primary debates.

If Biden wanted an attack dog he should have chosen Liz Warren.  If he wanted someone to deliver a battleground state, or a particular group of voters, he should have picked someone else.

Now, among other things, both Biden and Harris have to figure out a way to deal with her saying she believed the women who have accused Biden of inappropriate, sexual, behavior.  Then they can move on to the accusations she made against Biden in the debates. 

IMO, her baggage isn't worth whatever it is Biden believes she brings to the ticket.  I honestly don't see the attraction, but I am glad he made such a poor choice in a running mate.  If anything, this pick helps Trump as much as it helps Biden.

Rice would have been a better pick between her and Harris. Far less baggage 

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I think you're wrong. People know that Biden's health is so fragile that should he be elected that his VP will likely be president at some point.

Every time somebody says this I think of RBG and laugh....

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

6%? Isn't she 50% Indian? 

The apparent answer is that in the world of Convert and Maynard, if one of your parents is Indian and the other is black, you're 94% black.

I'll leave it to them to explain that they're simply really bad at math or weather there's another reason they came up with that.