Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Would be kinda cool if just the Big-10/PAC-12/MW/MAC played in the spring

In an incredibly optimistic view...

-some vaccine comes along late November/December. College football players get said vaccine in January. I know they would not be first in line but living in communal settings (ie dorms) should place you somewhat high on the list.

-14 Pac-12 schools play one "money"/warm up game week 1. 12 of those 14 would be vs MW schools, other 2 would probably be fcs schools. 14 Big-10 schools do the same thing expect they do it vs the MAC. Lets just say every Big-5 school has to pay the visitor 500k (or just some universal number).

-Every conference plays their full division. For the MW/MAC that would be 5 games over 5 weeks. For the Pac-12/Big-10 that would be 6 games over 7 weeks.

-Every conference then plays one "crossover" game vs the opposing division. Ie MW West #1 play MW Mountain #1, #2 plays #2, ect. The #1 vs #1 matchups would be the conference champ game.

-Post season. Pac-12 matches up vs Big-10. Pac-12 champ plays Big-10 champ, Pac #2 vs Big-10 #2, .... #14 vs #14. MW does the same with the MAC. 

So schedule would be 

week #1 "body bag games"

week 2-6 all conferences play division games

week 7 Big/Pac still play division games, MW/MAC have division crossover/championship games

week 8 Big/Pac play crossover/championship games, MW/MAC bye week

week 9 Big/Pac bye week. MW/MAC play each other in their bowl games

week 10 Big-10 and Pac-12 play each other in their bowl games. #1 v #1 would be the spring football "champion". 

Week #1 would be 2/20 and week 10 would be 4/24. 

13 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

No. It would suck ass. Just this week the MWC turned into a bunch of pink tacos and shut down the season. And today Microsoft delayed Halo Infinite til next year. This year can go +++++ itself.

Is that pink tacos with hot sauce?

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

22 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

No. It would suck ass. Just this week the MWC turned into a bunch of pink tacos and shut down the season. And today Microsoft delayed Halo Infinite til next year. This year can go +++++ itself.

After seeing that trailer, I don't mind Infinite getting more time to be worked on

35 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I was so pissed they delayed Infinite until next year. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

17 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

The gameplay looked good. But the graphics looked worse than Halo 4 on the 360. Word is a lot of fighting and people quitting at 343i. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. The Switch is cool for Nintendo stuff when I'm stuck at the office or on the mountain. And I'm done upgrading my PC. 

We need a thread on who we are gonna root for this year while are teams players are stuck in the dorm rooms getting herpes from BYU grads.

I think it really depends on how much you care about that Spiderman spinoff launching for The PS5. I'm personally still planning on getting The Series X, for Gamepass and the fact that it's the better console in terms of hardware. Halo was gonna be available on The Xbox One anyway, so this doesn't really impact my decision on whether I was gonna upgrade or not

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

The gameplay looked good. But the graphics looked worse than Halo 4 on the 360. Word is a lot of fighting and people quitting at 343i. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. The Switch is cool for Nintendo stuff when I'm stuck at the office or on the mountain. And I'm done upgrading my PC. 

We need a thread on who we are gonna root for this year while are teams players are stuck in the dorm rooms getting herpes from BYU grads.

Those graphics looked terrible. Halo 3 that came out 13 years ago looked better. I'm currently making my way through the Master Chief Collection on my Xbox One.  

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

23 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Those graphics looked terrible. Halo 3 that came out 13 years ago looked better. I'm currently making my way through the Master Chief Collection on my Xbox One.  

The MCC is great.  I just finished some H2 multiplayer.  Halo 5 is terrible just in case anybody cared what my opinion on it was. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

The single player was. My God the campaign was bad. I forced myself to play through it the night Virginia and Bronco ran up and down Boise's defense.

I thought the multiplayer was great.

The multiplayer is ok.  I’m just biased as I don’t believe there’s anything that’ll top Halo 2 multiplayer.  The campaign was dog shit though. 

13 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The MCC is great.  I just finished some H2 multiplayer.  Halo 5 is terrible just in case anybody cared what my opinion on it was. 

Well that's a bummer. GameStop was having an online used game sale about a month ago and I picked up Halo 5 Guardians, Battlefield 5, Wolfenstein: The New Order / II The New Colossus, and Dark Souls 3 for all for $25. The game I'm looking forward to this year is the Mafia: Definitive Edition Remaster. They are completely rebuilding the original Mafia game that came out 18 years ago and was one of my favorites. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

there is less chance of spring football than fall football..

there would be a legitimate chance if the ncaa was centralized but everyone those their own thing...best case scenario is conference only, with very limited players...no one with any draft stock will play..with everyone that plays putting themselves in a serious disadvantage for 2021..ZERO injury recoup time..season ending injuries mean 2 years out..with no bowls and no playoffs...

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Actually, it wouldn't be cool at all. Tracy Ringolsby talks about it in this article: injuries and players missing for the draft.

https://www.si.com/college/wyoming/around-the-mwc/mountain-west-presidents-once-again-show-a-lack-of-regard-for-constituents

Wyoming is a bunch of wusses now. Come on,  “I wanted to play but I was like a sheep. We all were like sheep.” Good grief I don’t even hate you guys anymore. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

It can be cool and work out if we as a society get our shit together and get this virus under control. And if therapeutics and a maybe a vaccine by the spring possible, we could actually have fans in the stadium. Need the NFL to pus hthe draft back a bit so players can have pro days before the draft. Players are already sitting out this fall for the draft so it won't be a big deal. The next guy up if the big names ops out. Its still college football. The Freshmen wil lbe more ready to step in in the spring than fall. Will have to tweak the off-season a bit to focus on recovery with less summer practice/training. Maybe a later start to camp/less physical camp. Perhaps push the start of the 2021 season by a couple weeks/month to give a little extra time. I don't know I'm not a decision maker but there seems to be avenues to make it work. I don't get the defeatist attitudes. Lets get it figured out and make it the best we can. depending on how the college basketball season has to adjust we could end up with march madness and championship football happening around the same time. That would be awesome. Just trying to look at the glass half full.

Of course none of it matters until we get the virus under control.

Can we have something this fall?  Weightlifting competitions over zoom?  Virtual Quarterback skills challenges vs. other schools?  A combine sort of event with players competing at their home fields where they could compete against other schools?   I'd watch about anything with no real live college football.

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Can we have something this fall?  Weightlifting competitions over zoom?  Virtual Quarterback skills challenges vs. other schools?  A combine sort of event with players competing at their home fields where they could compete?   I'd watch about anything with no real live college football.

I like this idea.  I can’t watch any more random folks playing cornhole on ESPN.  

Damn! It didn’t take long to go from Spring Football, to pink tacos, to nerd stuff. Typical MWC Board shenanigans. That’s why I love this place!!!