Jump to content
#1Stunner

Nebraska Breaks Ranks - Decides to Play the Season?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

If nobody but the B12 and SEC play this fall and a couple players from each conference die from COVID-19 they will catch immense dog poop.

From fans of other conferences, from families of most B12/SEC players, from the media, from presidents of non-B12/SEC schools, from trustees of B12/SEC schools who will be facing lawsuits. you name it. (Probably not from Mark Emmert though.)

Like I said, I am not arguing for or against that - I’m just pointing out the cultural shift between the west and and the south when it comes to college football.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Those corn cobs are something else.  If they go rogue, I'll wish their basketball well in the Summit League

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Those corn cobs are something else.  If they go rogue, I'll wish their basketball well in the Summit League

Trust me, the last thing Nebraska cares about is basketball.  That sport doesn't even register.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Have to wonder if Wyoming would follow Nebraska's lead on this.

Cowboys Fans seem the most outraged that Hair / MWC Presidents canceled the season. 

No they are sheep. The President or whoever voted said they wanted to play on but felt overwhelming pressure to follow the masses. Weird that he even admitted that. This isn’t the Wyoming we grew up with. The Cowboy name should be stripped from them immediately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-commissioner-kevin-warren-lashes-out-at-nebraska-after-critical-statements-023133028.html

The whole article is worth reading, but a couple lines sum it up.

 

 

When Warren was asked specifically by Yahoo Sports if Nebraska could play college football this fall, he gave an answer that would make his hardline predecessor nod with approval.

“No,” he said, firmly. “Not and be a member of the Big Ten Conference.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hoser said:

Nebraska should be very careful with what they say or do.  They May end up in the AAC if they are not careful.

Does not the Big 10 own all TV rights to it's members?  How could Nebraska play if they got NO TV money from the season and all the money went to the other members of the conference?  Or would the B10 simply divide Nebraska TV dollars amongst the 14 members? I believe even the tier 3 rights are owned by the B10  through it's network.

This could be a major problem for Nebraska. Even if they drop out of the B10 the conference will own the TV rights for several years. This could be a real cluster####.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

@Ibanez

What are you hearing about the MWC Schools?

Any chance that Boise goes rogue, defies the MWC "no play" edict, and tries to play a schedule?

I've already said I wouldn't be surprised if Wyoming did this.  Wyoming is a loose cannon and doesn't like to be told what to do. 

Boise voted no on the season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robe said:

No they are sheep. The President or whoever voted said they wanted to play on but felt overwhelming pressure to follow the masses. Weird that he even admitted that. This isn’t the Wyoming we grew up with. The Cowboy name should be stripped from them immediately. 

Did you ever hookup with that dude you were messaging at your motel across from the stadium? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise voted no on the season.  

Really?

Kustra would have never waived the white flag.  

Is the virus bad in Idaho?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robe said:

No they are sheep. The President or whoever voted said they wanted to play on but felt overwhelming pressure to follow the masses. Weird that he even admitted that. This isn’t the Wyoming we grew up with. The Cowboy name should be stripped from them immediately. 

Wyoming has definitely turned soft ever since BYU left them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Really?

Kustra would have never waived the white flag.  

Is the virus bad in Idaho?

Not good at the moment.  It's a liability issue at the end of the day.  With the uncertainty regarding organ damage in young people, even those without symptoms, it's the only responsible thing to do.

As soon as there are breakouts on a few teams in the SEC, Big 12 and ACC, they will cancel as well.  One coach gets hospitalized, season is over for everybody.

I would be stunned if more than 2 games are played by any team.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not good at the moment.  It's a liability issue at the end of the day.  With the uncertainty regarding organ damage in young people, even those without symptoms, it's the only responsible thing to do.

As soon as there are breakouts on a few teams in the SEC, Big 12 and ACC, they will cancel as well.  One coach gets hospitalized, season is over for everybody.

I would be stunned if more than 2 games are played by any team.

 

I think you are right.

A few teams will have Covid breakouts and they'll cancel the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue no one is talking about...

 

Title IX.  If a team like Nebraska were to sponsor men’s football but no women sports after the conference postponed all fall sports, that seems to be a relatively easy case for gender discrimination under earlier precedent. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

The issue no one is talking about...

 

Title IX.  If a team like Nebraska were to sponsor men’s football but no women sports after the conference postponed all fall sports, that seems to be a relatively easy case for gender discrimination under earlier precedent. 

Probably not applicable.  It's not like they're cancelling scholarships.  They're still sponsoring all those sports.  They're just not playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...