Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Nebraska Breaks Ranks - Decides to Play the Season?

Those corn cobs are something else.  If they go rogue, I'll wish their basketball well in the Summit League

8 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Those corn cobs are something else.  If they go rogue, I'll wish their basketball well in the Summit League

Trust me, the last thing Nebraska cares about is basketball.  That sport doesn't even register.

18 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Have to wonder if Wyoming would follow Nebraska's lead on this.

Cowboys Fans seem the most outraged that Hair / MWC Presidents canceled the season. 

No they are sheep. The President or whoever voted said they wanted to play on but felt overwhelming pressure to follow the masses. Weird that he even admitted that. This isn’t the Wyoming we grew up with. The Cowboy name should be stripped from them immediately. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-commissioner-kevin-warren-lashes-out-at-nebraska-after-critical-statements-023133028.html

The whole article is worth reading, but a couple lines sum it up.

When Warren was asked specifically by Yahoo Sports if Nebraska could play college football this fall, he gave an answer that would make his hardline predecessor nod with approval.

“No,” he said, firmly. “Not and be a member of the Big Ten Conference.”

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

12 hours ago, Hoser said:

Nebraska should be very careful with what they say or do.  They May end up in the AAC if they are not careful.

Does not the Big 10 own all TV rights to it's members?  How could Nebraska play if they got NO TV money from the season and all the money went to the other members of the conference?  Or would the B10 simply divide Nebraska TV dollars amongst the 14 members? I believe even the tier 3 rights are owned by the B10  through it's network.

This could be a major problem for Nebraska. Even if they drop out of the B10 the conference will own the TV rights for several years. This could be a real cluster####.

16 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

@Ibanez

What are you hearing about the MWC Schools?

Any chance that Boise goes rogue, defies the MWC "no play" edict, and tries to play a schedule?

I've already said I wouldn't be surprised if Wyoming did this.  Wyoming is a loose cannon and doesn't like to be told what to do. 

Boise voted no on the season.  

1 hour ago, robe said:

No they are sheep. The President or whoever voted said they wanted to play on but felt overwhelming pressure to follow the masses. Weird that he even admitted that. This isn’t the Wyoming we grew up with. The Cowboy name should be stripped from them immediately. 

Did you ever hookup with that dude you were messaging at your motel across from the stadium? 

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise voted no on the season.  

Really?

Kustra would have never waived the white flag.  

Is the virus bad in Idaho?

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, robe said:

Wyoming has definitely turned soft ever since BYU left them.

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Really?

Kustra would have never waived the white flag.  

Is the virus bad in Idaho?

Not good at the moment.  It's a liability issue at the end of the day.  With the uncertainty regarding organ damage in young people, even those without symptoms, it's the only responsible thing to do.

As soon as there are breakouts on a few teams in the SEC, Big 12 and ACC, they will cancel as well.  One coach gets hospitalized, season is over for everybody.

I would be stunned if more than 2 games are played by any team.

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not good at the moment.  It's a liability issue at the end of the day.  With the uncertainty regarding organ damage in young people, even those without symptoms, it's the only responsible thing to do.

As soon as there are breakouts on a few teams in the SEC, Big 12 and ACC, they will cancel as well.  One coach gets hospitalized, season is over for everybody.

I would be stunned if more than 2 games are played by any team.

I think you are right.

A few teams will have Covid breakouts and they'll cancel the season.

19 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

The issue no one is talking about...

Title IX.  If a team like Nebraska were to sponsor men’s football but no women sports after the conference postponed all fall sports, that seems to be a relatively easy case for gender discrimination under earlier precedent. 

Probably not applicable.  It's not like they're cancelling scholarships.  They're still sponsoring all those sports.  They're just not playing.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

6 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I propose a trade. The B1G trade Nebraska for West Virginia.

And then the AAC can trade Tulsa and Tulane for Boise State.

I doubt the B10 has any interest in W Virginia. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.