Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Nebraska Breaks Ranks - Decides to Play the Season?

Guest #1Stunner

Have to wonder if Wyoming would follow Nebraska's lead on this.

Cowboys Fans seem the most outraged that Hair / MWC Presidents canceled the season. 

It doesn't say that. It says they want to play but not that they are going to. Where are they going to go? back to Big 12? I'm sure the B1G won't lose too much sleep over losing Nebraska. If they want out, I don't see them getting back in.There are plenty of schools lining up to join the B1G

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Have to wonder if Wyoming would follow Nebraska's lead on this.

Cowboys Fans seem the most outraged that Hair canceled the season. 

Again where are we going to go? I don't see the MW bending over backward to accommodate us if we went our own way this season.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, tspoke said:

It doesn't say that. It says they want to play but not that they are going to. Where are they going to go? back to Big 12? I'm sure the B1G won't lose too much sleep over losing Nebraska. If they want out, I don't see them getting back in.There are plenty of schools lining up to join the B1G

I think it is implied, given that their Coach was telling everyone today that they will try to play still. 

EDIT - Fixed the Title, you are right.

A nice, diplomatic way of saying 'not bloody likely'.....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, The Brent Vigen Diet said:

Do you have any evidence of this other than your personal bias against Wyoming? 

I never underestimate the University of Wyoming Cowboys.

22 minutes ago, namssa said:

Nebraska isn't doing anything unless the President of the University gives the OK, no matter what the coach or AD says.  

And I'm sure the president wants to remain associated with the B1G so I don't see them doing anything. The B1G owns their media rights and I really doubt they would let them go for one year and have their own.

If Nebraska breaks with the B1G Conference’s decision, and finds a way to play this fall, will Nebraska be “persona non grata” going forward in the B1G, and shown the door out sometime in the future?

And IF they do play, what kind of domino effect would that have with other teams from within the B1G, other conferences (MWC), that didn’t like having postponed the season, but feel they can play football safely this fall as well?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."