Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Cusa and sunbelt to play football during fall

Just now, fbpack said:

Seeing the sunbelt and cusa are planning on playing in the fall

For now.  Give it a week. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

35 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

They are in the SEC and Bug 12 footprint in addition to being in the same state.  
They’ll play.

They still have payday games. Hopefully BYU plays on with AAC. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 minute ago, MWC Tex said:

Actually, none of the SB have payday games left.

I thought they had ACC games. Well good for them. Kansas right now is moving forward with fall high school sports. NAIA KCAC conference is moving forward. They play only Kansas schools. A huge portion of the athletes are from Texas, Utah and California. I rent to some football players. They all got Covid a month ago. They seem like decent kids hopefully they don’t destroy my home. 

Play on. 

1 hour ago, robe said:

They still have payday games. Hopefully BYU plays on with AAC. 

Some internet talk about BYU, Army, and AFA finding a trial home in 2020 with the AAC. Makes sense, no idea if there is anything real to it.

Memphis people say AAC apparently is looking at higher media pay out from ESPN if their games are moved into more prominent spots may be incentive in their contract or ESPN enticement.

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

It won’t happen. 

Anything to back your assertion up?

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Common sense.  Sun belt and CUSA don’t have as much to gain as P5 schools by playing football but they have the same amount to lose from a liability standpoint. 

Ok, so you just don’t think it’ll happen, despite the reports previously mentioned in this thread. Thank you for clarifying.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

4 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Common sense.  Sun belt and CUSA don’t have as much to gain as P5 schools by playing football but they have the same amount to lose from a liability standpoint. 

They do have a lot to gain. A lot more exposure on TV now that the MW and MAC have dropped sports

9 hours ago, JoeBlo said:

Some internet talk about BYU, Army, and AFA finding a trial home in 2020 with the AAC. Makes sense, no idea if there is anything real to it.

Memphis people say AAC apparently is looking at higher media pay out from ESPN if their games are moved into more prominent spots may be incentive in their contract or ESPN enticement.

Good news. I hope BYU Stays the course. I think they fold soon unfortunately. Nebraska wants to play on without the B10. Small market team that relies on football money for the community. I think season hinges on what SEC does now.

9 hours ago, JoeBlo said:

Makes sense for ESPN

7 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Ok, so you just don’t think it’ll happen, despite the reports previously mentioned in this thread. Thank you for clarifying.

Last week all P5 programs were playing this fall plus the MWC and MAC.  Now it looks like 4 conferences aren’t playing.  Things can happen fast.

Although I admit that the SEC will likely be the last ones standing.

18 minutes ago, robe said:

I’m surprised BSU isn’t going to attempt to play on.

I would be surprised if we could elegantly put together a balanced schedule and get any tv money. I assume the Conference owns the tv rights, and although I guess we could somehow get some money, there would be legal troubles with the Conference, and we already have those simmering on the horizon. Plus the downside is REALLY big if schools do end up competing and there are directly related Covid deaths, particularly of players. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 minutes ago, DrBulldog said:

Last week all P5 programs were playing this fall plus the MWC and MAC.  Now it looks like 4 conferences aren’t playing.  Things can happen fast.

Although I admit that the SEC will likely be the last ones standing.

Yeah, I was mostly being snarky at his tone. :cheers: