Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Your fall sporting thread.

Just went up to the snowies last week for a day trip.  Caught a couple of real nice Brookline’s and cutthroat.  Smoked them the next day...delicious!!  Plan on doing more of that this fall.  Also drew a deer tag and may go buy a general elk tag.

18 minutes ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Really would like to go pheasant hunting one day. I've only seen a very small handful of pheasants in the valley my whole life, as they are pretty much extinct here, unless you go in the western hills. 

Go to Northeastern Montana, damned things are everywhere. If I've filled my big game tags (so I'd have time to drive out there), I could get you onto some private land.

The boat market in Florida is batshit crazy, I can’t even get 1 of the 3 manufacturers I’m looking at to return my calls/emails with a build sheet.  

I’ll likely spend the rest of the summer fly fishing for snook on the beach, once the first cold front comes through in November I’ll head to the Keys for permit.  

28 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

The boat market in Florida is batshit crazy, I can’t even get 1 of the 3 manufacturers I’m looking at to return my calls/emails with a build sheet.  

I’ll likely spend the rest of the summer fly fishing for snook on the beach, once the first cold front comes through in November I’ll head to the Keys for permit.  

No more Chi-town?

For me it's time to get back to the old days.  The browns start spawning about mid-normal football season.  They need a lesson.  I've got a brookie spot that is kind of tough to get to, but they're fun as all get out in the fall.  Hey fella's, I'm back.  I think I might hunt Teal again.  I haven't done that in years.  They're a lot of fun being tiny and fast.

I haven't followed the NFL much in years.  I might try a little this year, but @halfmanhalfbronco nailed it.  Time to get out of the house.

I'll head back home to my families ranch in South Dakota for my annual pheasant, grouse (Thanksgiving), goose and coyote (Christmas) hunts.  Chukar hunting in Malhuer county and in the Mid-Colombia of Oregon this fall.  Salmon fishing on the Colombia and Cowlitz rivers.  I haven't hunted any big game in years and still don't plan to.  I sold my dirt bike this past summer and like all my friends I ride with bought a dual sport/adventure bike for exploring mountain highways and fire roads.  Bought a new fly rod to pack onto the bike with my camping gear and will head this fall to the mountains of Idaho and Oregon for more fishing than I've done in years.  Living in the Pacific Northwest there is no shortage of things to do to make me forget the disappointment of no college sports.

13 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Things are going to be really shitty I fear.  Let's not talk about that though.  I figured with fall sports being cancelled we can post about our own sporting adventures.

Let's talk hunting and fishing!

And golf!