Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nvspuds

Is this going to turn into politics board now ?

Just now, Lester_in_reno said:

if it does become a politics board then it will consist of about  15-20 know-it-all  blowhards saying the same shit over and over.

Thats what the Non-sports area is.

I mean... change the numbers and that's pretty much what this side is :ph34r:

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

40 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

There’s the ot board for that. I’d participate in an nfl megathread and a thread about the other conferences if they play. Football threads will be just as active in the spring too. 

Why will they be active in the spring?

tenor.gif?itemid=14818845

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

34 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We need Basketball to happen.  

That’s looking iffy right now. If it happens I doubt we see the season start in November, more likely in February with May madness. Hopefully we have a vaccine by then. 

2 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

if it does become a politics board then it will consist of about  15-20 know-it-all  blowhards and one philosopher king saying the same shit over and over.

Thats what the Non-sports area is.

Fify

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

That’s looking iffy right now. If it happens I doubt we see the season start in November, more likely in February with May madness. Hopefully we have a vaccine by then. 

After seeing football getting cancelled, I think it may be easier to convince 13 basketball players to isolate and take precautions in order to keep the season alive. I'm sure their coaches will be using examples of the effectiveness of an NHL bubble and how that is letting them stay on the ice. Yes I realize college kids won't exactly be in a 'bubble' but there are plenty of things they can do to make it safer for them to play, even wtihout fans.

With that said, they need to figure out how to deal with the myocarditis issues in a hurry in order to even attempt a season.

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

After seeing football getting cancelled, I think it may be easier to convince 13 basketball players to isolate and take precautions in order to keep the season alive. I'm sure their coaches will be using examples of the effectiveness of an NHL bubble and how that is letting them stay on the ice. Yes I realize college kids won't exactly be in a 'bubble' but there are plenty of things they can do to make it safer for them to play, even wtihout fans.

With that said, they need to figure out how to deal with the myocarditis issues in a hurry in order to even attempt a season.

Just have them take mega doses of hydroxychloroquine!  Winner can get a trip to the White House for KFC!

Winner winner chicken dinner!

:P

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism