Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

POLL: Will the MWC have a football season in Spring, 2021 (March?)

Will the MWC have a football season in Spring, 2021 (March?)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will the MWC have a football season in Spring, 2021 (March?)

• NO - the Virus will still be rampant. Deaths and hospitalizations. There won't be a vaccine yet. March is usually flu season.
    • YES - Once Joe Biden is elected president, there will be a mandatory 3- month Nationwide shutdown. Virus will disappear. Life will return to normal.
    • YES - Because, we will get a vaccine. 50 percent of the population will agree to get vaccinated.

You need another no option that they’ll be able to play in the spring, but losing the p5 money games might make it a wash. SJSU’s game @ penn state would have paid for our other 11 games by itself. Without that, the juice of a spring season might not be worth the squeeze, even assuming it’s safe to play. 

That would be the last opportunity to extricate themselves from the even bigger mess of what to do with an incoming class of recruits. If there is a vaccine they will play, if not then it will be an interesting time in college sports. 

So what happens to the PAC12 strike. Pffffttttt........

Not answering the poll but there will be no football season in the spring.  Even with an effective treatment, it makes no sense to go through a full spring football season and then ask the athletes to begin preparing for the next football season a month later.  That is borderline dangerous to the health of these players.   Common sense dictates that spring football is a falacy.  At best - some of the marketable P5 teams will put together a schedule of a few spring games to make some additional revenue.   

I already voted, but I’m going to go with a bold prediction: B12, SEC, ACC, AAC, CUSA, and Sun Belt have already stated “play ball.” This is causing the B1G to hedge on their big push to cancel everything. The Pac-12 shockingly hasn’t said anything yet, which means they’re reading the room some more. My prediction is that collegiate presidents are lemmings, and someone will start a cascade of decisions for a significantly delayed cfb season, that starts in probably late October. This includes the MW, who will reverse their cancellation decision by the end of the week.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

8 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

I already voted, but I’m going to go with a bold prediction: B12, SEC, ACC, AAC, CUSA, and Sun Belt have already stated “play ball.” This is causing the B1G to hedge on their big push to cancel everything. The Pac-12 shockingly hasn’t said anything yet, which means they’re reading the room some more. My prediction is that collegiate presidents are lemmings, and someone will start a cascade of decisions for a significantly delayed cfb season, that starts in probably late October. This includes the MW, who will reverse their cancellation decision by the end of the week.

LMAO.....as crazy as that scenario reads, I would be lying if I didn't admit I have had the exact same thought.

If somehow FBS level football is played by some combo of a few P5's, G5's and Indys and the MWC chose not to participate because they made this decision too early then Thompson needs to be shown the door ASAP. How the guy is still the commish is one of life's great mysteries.

Will the MWC have a football season in Spring, 2021 (March?)

Yes, however all players on offense and defense must remain at least 12 feet from each other to avoid contagion. This will assure a high score in every game. SJSU and UNLV will score more points than in all previous seasons combined. However they will still lose most of their games.

54 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

LMAO.....as crazy as that scenario reads, I would be lying if I didn't admit I have had the exact same thought.

If somehow FBS level football is played by some combo of a few P5's, G5's and Indys and the MWC chose not to participate because they made this decision too early then Thompson needs to be shown the door ASAP. How the guy is still the commish is one of life's great mysteries.

But if this happens how will we ever be able to trust the integrity of our glorious leader in his future pronouncements?  All praise to Hair.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The most likely no is health concerns due to not having enough time between seasons.

Agreed. We aren't going to have two seasons in a 12 month span, that's ridiculous.

I think, therefore I'm.

5 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Agreed. We aren't going to have two seasons in a 12 month span, that's ridiculous.

that is not how you spell "+++++in rad"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

I could MAYBE see two reduced seasons.  Push back the fall 2021 season to October and cancel 2 OOC games.  Spring 2021 conference only.  Seems a long shot.

I think they can get 2 season in. I mean it depends on when they start. I was thinking they would start in February. Go 8 games or so. take 2 months. Done at the end of MArch/early April. Rest up for April, MAy June, July, have camps open beginning of September when school starts and begin the season beginning of October and push everything back(or condense the bowl season, the Playoffs don't have to be over a month after the season ends). Would suck for cold weather schools like Wyoming but better than the alternative. If we have to play more road games or have an alternate site to play than so be it.

33 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I could MAYBE see two reduced seasons.  Push back the fall 2021 season to October and cancel 2 OOC games.  Spring 2021 conference only.  Seems a long shot.

season 1. 13 games, extra OOC game, conf championships

Season 2 (only 2 month break) 128 team double elimination playoff bracket seeded from season 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.