Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Mountain West Cancels Fall Sports

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

I feel like anyone that pushed the COVID scam over the past 6 months should stfu about being angry or butthurt right about now. THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR STUPIDITY

What can you say. People love fear especially in an election year.

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, Bob said:

I feel like anyone that pushed the COVID scam over the past 6 months should stfu about being angry or butthurt right about now. THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR STUPIDITY

UX1uy.jpg

5 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

People should have listened to Georgia's Governor 5 or 6 weeks ago. He warned sports fans.

The same state that had a hundred kids contract it at camp, and suspending kids for posting a photo of jam packed school hallways?  They couldn't even take their own governors warnings.  This country is individualistic to a fault at times.

12 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The same state that had a hundred kids contract it at camp, and suspending kids for posting a photo of jam packed school hallways?  They couldn't even take their own governors warnings.  This country is individualistic to a fault at times.

Exactly.

Whatever someone thinks of the virus risk, they were given guidance, warnings and asked to follow a few steps to help (even if they didn't think it would make a difference).

The individualistic streak is now having consequences.

There's something about sports without crowds, there's no drama.  Watching baseball for the full 9 innings has been tough.  Fortunately we still have the PGA.  Their crowds are supposed to be quiet anyway so not much loss for their absence.    

Guest #1Stunner

@Bob don't give up all hope!

Your alma mater is still going to play some games this season!!!

AFA is still working to play games against Navy, Army.............(and hopefully BYU)

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Sorry, COVID itself is no scam.  Complain about the measures taken/not taken by politicians, but saying the virus is a scam is lunacy.

What you’re missing is that COVID 19 is a nasty virus. Just plain Covid is a new socio-political concern. Kind of like disco. 

From a perfectly selfish standpoint I’m OK with this. UNLV is in the process of a major rebuilds in both FB and MBB. New coaching staffs and young players will benefit from the year to set new expectations in all areas needed for a student athlete to be successful in life. In the case of MBB and having 6 freshmen that extra year is giant. I don’t believe that more established programs gain as much and if they are careful they may take a step back.

So in the case of UNLV, are the athletes sent home or will they be able to stay on campus and use the facilities as they have the past while?

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

@Bob don't give up all hope!

Your alma mater is still going to play some games this season!!!

AFA is still working to play games against Navy, Army.............(and hopefully BYU)

Wonder who else is going to play despite the conference canceling the season.

30 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Wonder who else is going to play despite the conference canceling the season.

The services have an actual tradition.  I don't see much to put in a camp, try to schedule games, and pay for the logistics for what will likely be only a couple games that mean relatively little for the rest of us.  I wonder if UNLV/Nevada and CSU/Wyo would do a game of some sort though.  Maybe have it like a fundraiser or something?  Logistics would probably be rough, and I don't see how they would do full on tackle with nothing real at stake but pride.

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

BYU right now

tenor.gif?itemid=5636262

Why worse case is we end like the MWC. BYU is probably in one of the best financial situation in the FBS. You guys screwed yourselves and you’re celebrating what this will do to BYU. Seems like an over obsessive with BYU to me. 

I hope we still move forward with the AAC if possible. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.