Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

COVID-19 the Unraveling of America

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

Why is that when an American says we could have and should have done better, people like you decide that somehow we hate America? It's perhaps the laziest retort from the crowd that ironically claims that it wants to Make America Great "Again." You can pretend America can't do better than we have, but when it comes to this, America is failing. I am sorry that so many are OK with that. That either by resignation or by willful ignorance, people like you seem content with America being outperformed by the entire free world. 

Do you ever tire of being a SJW? 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

Do you ever tire of being a SJW? 

SJW? What the hell does that have to do with social justice? Do you ever get tired of just spewing right-wing talking points? 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

How do you explain New York right now? I doubt it has anything to do with personal responsibility. 

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

umm...isn't wearing masks part of that "personal responsibility"? 

I don't get the obsession with masks.  They help.  They also are not a 100% preventative or anything close.  It takes more than folks wearing masks for things to improve.

Just now, BYUcougfan said:

I don't get the obsession with masks.  They help.  They also are not a 100% preventative or anything close.  It takes more than folks wearing masks for things to improve.

Umm...because "they help" is reason enough.

3 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

I don't get the obsession with seatbelts. They help. They also are not 100% preventative or anything close. It makes more than folks wearing seatbelts for things to improve.

Just now, Los_Aztecas said:

I don't get the obsession with seatbelts. They help. They also are not 100% preventative or anything close. It makes more than folks wearing seatbelts for things to improve.

But in this world, only seatbelts would matter.  Brakes, not texting on your phone, stop signs barely get talked about.  ONLY seat belts matter.

2 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

But in this world, only seatbelts would matter.  Brakes, not texting on your phone, stop signs barely get talked about.  ONLY seat belts matter.

What is the COVID equivalent of brakes? 

1 minute ago, BYUcougfan said:

That world you speak of is not the real world. Zero people think masks alone will solve this. But they do help, so the obsession is over why so many are so obstinate about wearing them.

10 hours ago, Mano said:

Not wearing masks is more like not obeying traffic lights. It is reckless.

Depends on the mask. I saw this sweet old lady with a crocheted mask that had more holes than Swiss cheese. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that her mask was useless. Bandannas are similar.  A multi layer mask provides far better protection. And maintaining distancing offers more protection than a mask. When I see someone not wearing a mask I give them a wide berth as they go by.