Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

OK, So 2020 College Sports are Done. Now What?

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

To the question posed in the OP...what now for the board? We’re losing the thing that most tightly binds us all together.

If people are up for it, over the course of the season, choose one game and make a game thread with a link to the youtube.  Then game thread it.  If people need a fix that bad, try it out.

I've been working on a fan project off and on for about a year.  I could share some of it here.

I've been interested in posting a thread about Boise's 2000 team, for example.

21 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Traffic will die down, the pick back up if we end up having basketball.  

Not going to be a basketball season either.  The  virus will be here with us years from now and then that lead to no sports for a long time...

Just now, MWC Tex said:

Not going to be a basketball season either.  The  virus will be here with us years from now and then that lead to no sports for a long time...

Yeah, I will trust our best and brightest, not you.  You have been wrong on literally everything COVID related.  Vaccine distribution in January will bring the RO down below 0, even if your crowd does not.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, I will trust our best and brightest, not you.  You have been wrong on literally everything COVID related.  Vaccine distribution in January will bring the RO down below 0, even if your crowd does not.

You’ll be waiting for a vaccine for a long long time.  
meanwhile, the rest of the world will continue on with life.

4 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Yeah, no.  Your far right wing talking point is nonsense.  8 Vaccines are in stage 3 trials.  7 expected to be available in January.  Nearly 40 vaccines currently being worked on.

15 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

the rest of the world is continuing on with life because they wore masks and stayed inside

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just chill and play football video games because that is the only football you will have this fall.  The NFL is going to shut down sooner than later due to the lack of a bubble.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:11 AM, #1Stunner said:

College Kids doing remote learning (no students on campus).    They probably won't be finding any part time jobs, either. 

K-12 Kids doing remote / reduced learning (no students at schools, or a reduced schedule).   Kids doing Zoom all day.

No sporting events (one of the few things that bonds people of different backgrounds, is a huge part of the economy, and keeps people placated).

Reduced extra curricular for children (are children sports leagues not going forward this fall???? -- not sure).

My guess is that people will focus more on the election, become more agitated, and will riot more.   Doesn't look good.

Maybe this is what some people in power want to see happen??

Pregnancy rates will rise as well.

#The Sporting Life.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor