Jump to content
RSF

Dan Patrick reporting B10 votes to shut down

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, JoeBlo said:

My post was longer so you beat me to it 🙂

 

Dan Patrick is reporting that a source informed him the BIG 10 voted 12-2(Nebraska/Iowa) to shut down the season. The PAC also will shut down their season. 

The SEC is still for playing and is trying to get people to go along with it. ACC is on the fence and the Big XII is leaning towards playing.

Before we get too sports bubble just a reminder that optics and potential liability are going to weigh heavy in any decisions.

AAC is being flexible at the moment. Appears the MWC is to. Sunbelt has cash strapped programs and only about 50% of CUSA could feasibly make the season work. MAC is already done.

Looks like this will be wrapped up by next monday. Expect big slashes to athletic budgets, between lost athletic revenue and budget cuts at state institutions this is going to get real bad for some.

Too bad you and RSF and Dan Patrick are.............in a word.............WRONG

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-says-no-vote-has-been-held-despite-expectations-league-will-cancel-fall-2020-season/

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Big 10 will cancel.  They threw out a trial balloon today to prepare the public for the inevitable decision.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Since I cant take credit for being right, given that I was not the one making the report, it would be equally difficult to be wrong.  Having said that, both ESPN and the Detroit Free Press are making similar, independent reports.  And Nebraska coach Scott Frost said today on a teleconference that they prepared to play outside the Big 10 this year if need be.  I, for one, didnt think we would get here.  Did notice that the Big 10 said they havent voted 'formally'.  Interesting choice of words.

 

 

But thanks for your input.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RSF said:

Since I cant take credit for being right, given that I was not the one making the report, it would be equally difficult to be wrong.  Having said that, both ESPN and the Detroit Free Press are making similar, independent reports.  And Nebraska coach Scott Frost said today on a teleconference that they prepared to play outside the Big 10 this year if need be.  I, for one, didnt think we would get here.  Did notice that the Big 10 said they havent voted 'formally'.  Interesting choice of words.

 

 

But thanks for your input.

 

NPR is now reporting it

Beyond that the comment from the BIG could be absolutely correct, that no official vote has been taken. We all know how board voting goes. They know the count because they already did it before they officially called for the vote.

But good dig, except I didn't claim it, I said Dan Patrick reported that. Different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoeBlo said:

There is Aussie Rules boys. Live games happen late Friday and Saturday night. Hard tackling, crazy bounces. They have limited crowds right now as well.  Back half of the season, play offs in October, games on ESPNs and FS1/2. Play offs have the top four seeds play a game to start winner gets a week off loser plays the winners of the 5-8. Teams 5-8 play elimination game.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RSF said:

Since I cant take credit for being right, given that I was not the one making the report, it would be equally difficult to be wrong.  Having said that, both ESPN and the Detroit Free Press are making similar, independent reports.  And Nebraska coach Scott Frost said today on a teleconference that they prepared to play outside the Big 10 this year if need be.  I, for one, didnt think we would get here.  Did notice that the Big 10 said they havent voted 'formally'.  Interesting choice of words.

 

 

But thanks for your input.

Nice. Nebraska to the MWC to replace CSU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JoeBlo said:

You might want to compare it to a covid map, that might show a remarkable similarity.

^ ^ ^ Stunner furiously searches for Trump "WRONG!" meme since he has no substantive response available ^ ^ ^

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

That’s terrible news for @BroncoOrange   

:angry:

7 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

wrong donald trump GIF by Election 2016

 

We won @BroncoOrange fair and square in last year's "Battle For BroncoOrange Game".   We own BroncoOrange now, if and until Boise can win another one!!!! (and maybe longer if the Boise-BYU rivalry is put on hold due to the Virus). 

Screw this shit! Football season was the only reason I came on here! I feel bad for @mugtang he's going to be forced to turn this into a poker website with digital strippers to keep us fans coming back.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

:angry:

Screw this shit! Football season was the only reason I came on here! I feel bad for @mugtang he's going to be forced to turn this into a poker website with digital strippers to keep us fans coming back.

I’m not even sure how to handle the next 3 months, assuming basketball happens.  

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Ya, you might want to walk that hot take back.

 

I'm good with it. The map is per capita as of august 9th. Remarkable similarity isn't it? NY, NJ, and Mass are outliers and Cali is leaning the wrong way, but.....

The  graph explaining who has contributed the most over the last two weeks.California and Illinois are the ones who don't match there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JoeBlo said:

 

I'm good with it. The map is per capita as of august 9th. Remarkable similarity isn't it? NY, NJ, and Mass are outliers and Cali is leaning the wrong way, but.....

The  graph explaining who has contributed the most over the last two weeks.California and Illinois are the ones who don't match there.

What I see is NYC boosting numbers across the states of NY, NJ and likely CT, the CDC had to parse the city and the state apart because of the drastic difference.  What's the excuse for Bama, NOLA and Mississippi which are much less dense?  FL will always be the east coast CA, but how about GA?  Just ATL?  Why is the entire south, sans Kentucky, in the upper zones?  Iowa too?  Dakotas get a pass since there are like 1 million people there so skew is heavy.  But it is safer in Oregon (Portland) than the south.  Pride is beating stupidity right now

Link to post
Share on other sites

For normal, healthy people under the age of 50, COVID is less lethal than the flu. For normal healthy people over 50, it's slightly worse

Why we've lost our shit over this will have to be answered by historians.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

What I see is NYC boosting numbers across the states of NY, NJ and likely CT, the CDC had to parse the city and the state apart because of the drastic difference.  What's the excuse for Bama, NOLA and Mississippi which are much less dense?  FL will always be the east coast CA, but how about GA?  Just ATL?  Why is the entire south, sans Kentucky, in the upper zones?  Iowa too?  Dakotas get a pass since there are like 1 million people there so skew is heavy.  But it is safer in Oregon (Portland) than the south.  Pride is beating stupidity right now

 

This is a map of cases done per capita. So instead of just raw numbers it's a break down of how each state is doing in a fair comparison. 

Looking at the increasing numbers the last 14 days shows that not only have the southern states (SEC, Big XII, half the acc) done poorly overall, but they have a growing problem made worse by forced opening and not following health advice. 5 of the top seven for new infections are Texas, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and Louisiana.

It also lines up remarkably well with the 2016 electoral map/traditional republican electoral votes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alum93 said:

This isn't new and certainly isn't specific to Chinese Flu.

If you want to be scared, you can scare yourself. but the statistics are real;  This disease is nothing to worry about if you're under 60 and healthy.  It's milder than the flu.

Quote

Myocarditis often has no symptoms. In fact, most people recover and never even know they had it.

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/myocarditis#1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...