Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSF

Dan Patrick reporting B10 votes to shut down

17 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

This isn't new and certainly isn't specific to Chinese Flu.

If you want to be scared, you can scare yourself. but the statistics are real;  This disease is nothing to worry about if you're under 60 and healthy.  It's milder than the flu.

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/myocarditis#1

or if you care about people close to you or the human race

2 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

or if you care about people close to you or the human race

Because I don't care about people close to me OR the human race.

Go phuck yourself dipshit.

Facts are facts.  I could bore you with actual numbers and stuff but your feelz are a far more rational way of determining actual risk and actual outcomes

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

7 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Because I don't care about people close to me OR the human race.

Go phuck yourself dipshit.

Facts are facts.  I could bore you with actual numbers and stuff but your feelz are a far more rational way of determining actual risk and actual outcomes

why do people like you feel the need to minimize this virus, we'll likely lose 200k+ Americans by the end of this year.  Some of us know people that have contracted it and have died.  A family friend where both husband and wife were healthy and then suddenly both were in the ICU and one made it out alive

F*ck you for your flippant attitude about basic human suffering.  Maybe when someone you know suffers from this you'll change you perspective.

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

The thing with tweets like this, is that they don't report the incidents rate.

I mean, are 50 percent of people that get COVID going to have these issues, or like .000001% that get COVID?

Anyone know if Tom Hanks has heart, lung and brain issues now?

46 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

why do people like you feel the need to minimize this virus, we'll likely lose 200k+ Americans by the end of this year.  Some of us know people that have contracted it and have died.  A family friend where both husband and wife were healthy and then suddenly both were in the ICU and one made it out alive

F*ck you for your flippant attitude about basic human suffering.  Maybe when someone you know suffers from this you'll change you perspective.

What percentage of people who have died from COVID would be dead by now from some other cause?  I imagine it’s very high... 7,700 people die on an average day, I’d be willing to bet COVID is getting its numbers from that crowd 

52 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

230 - 250,000 people in the US die every month. Month after month. Year after year.  That means that since the Chinese flu hit 5 months ago, 1.25 million US citizens have met their demise.  Most of the people croaking of COVID are/were already on the list. FACT.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 minutes ago, brillio said:

What percentage of people who have died from COVID would be dead by now from some other cause?  I imagine it’s very high... 7,700 people die on an average day, I’d be willing to bet COVID is getting its numbers from that crowd 

The excess deaths this year over averages of years past is even more than the official covid death toll. So to minimize the deaths saying they would have died by something else is false. If anything we are undercounting the deaths caused by covid. 

56 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I mean, are 50 percent of people that get COVID going to have these issues, or like .000001% that get COVID?

I viewed an article the other day that a high percentage of covid patients have lingering lung issues. They clearly dont know at this point whether they are long term issues. 

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=240908

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/08/03/world/europe/03reuters-health-coronavirus-fallout.html

48 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

15% of cases lead to serious complications, those include lung scarring, heart wall and vessel damage, as well as neurological issues like headaches, cognitive impairments, and seizures. 

Mild cases involving no medical intervention last on average 10-15 days. A significant portion of those (particularly among young people) suffer from unexplained fatigue and returning symptoms as long as 60 days after.

We also have no idea how this virus will reappear in a decade or two. Older adults are often familiar with chicken pox and shingles but do not realize the two are caused by the same virus contracted in their youth.

Yes we are badly undercounting the covid death and cases. Our test percentage is way too high and we are actually testing fewer people.

They stem from COVID-19's toll on multiple organs, including heart, lung and kidney damage that will likely require costly care, such as regular scans and ultrasounds, as well as neurological deficits that are not yet fully understood.

A JAMA Cardiology study found that in one group of COVID-19 patients in Germany aged 45 to 53, more than 75% suffered from heart inflammation, raising the possibility of future heart failure.

A Kidney International study found that over a third of COVID-19 patients in a New York medical system developed acute kidney injury, and nearly 15% required dialysis.

Dr. Marco Rizzi in Bergamo, Italy, an early epicenter of the pandemic, said the Giovanni XXIII Hospital has seen close to 600 COVID-19 patients for follow-up. About 30% have lung issues, 10% have neurological problems, 10% have heart issues and about 9% have lingering motor skill problems. 

"On a global level, nobody knows how many will still need checks and treatment in three months, six months, a year," Rizzi said, adding that even those with mild COVID-19 "may have consequences in the future."

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/08/03/world/europe/03reuters-health-coronavirus-fallout.html

49 minutes ago, brillio said:

COVID takes over 10 years on average from the life expectancy of those who died from it.

Historians will study why some countries like the US did worse with virus deaths/hospitalizations/cases while other countries did better. The cultural and political differences regarding the virus will be studied.

Portugal is replacing Turkey as host of the Champions League title. The virus is being managed better in Portugal than in Turkey.

Portugal originally locked down earlier this year then lifted the lockdown the first week of May. Cases and deaths started spiking again in mid-June. So the first week of July they ordered a new two week lockdown for Lisbon and other areas. That brought the virus back under control.

Now Portugal is hosting a major sporting event. Meantime in the US we still argue about wearing masks or comparing it to the flu. Another lockdown even regionally in the US would never be tolerated by many.

55 minutes ago, tspoke said:

The excess deaths this year over averages of years past is even more than the official covid death toll. So to minimize the deaths saying they would have died by something else is false. If anything we are undercounting the deaths caused by covid. 

The CDC is tracking weekly excess deaths compared to historical average weekly deaths. They use a 95% interval as the boundary for excess deaths.

On this chart, the US has been seeing excess deaths since late March.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/dataviz8737#!/vizhome/COVID_excess_mort_withcauses_08052020/WeeklyExcessDeaths

Clicking the dropdown menu on the graph allows individual area excess deaths to be checked. Some states are doing fine by not showing excess deaths, others are showing excess weekly deaths. The chart includes New York City separately. That one is a big change.

6 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Historians will study why some countries like the US did worse with virus deaths/hospitalizations/cases while other countries did better. The cultural and political differences regarding the virus will be studied.

Portugal is replacing Turkey as host of the Champions League title. The virus is being managed better in Portugal than in Turkey.

Portugal originally locked down earlier this year then lifted the lockdown the first week of May. Cases and deaths started spiking again in mid-June. So the first week of July they ordered a new two week lockdown for Lisbon and other areas. That brought the virus back under control.

Now Portugal is hosting a major sporting event. Meantime in the US we still argue about wearing masks or comparing it to the flu. Another lockdown even regionally in the US would never be tolerated by many.

They will look at Sweden on what to do. Their cases are way down and the daily deaths is basically zero.  All without shutting down and the like.